Sig 938 Extreme

If you have a straight up REVIEW or a firearm, post it up here.
dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Sig 938 Extreme

Post by dbh » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:15 pm

I have been looking really hard at small carry guns. I had a LCP and hated the trigger pull....sold it. I had a Kahr CM-9 and hated the trigger pull along with the sights.....sold it. I traded for a Kel-Tec PF9 and it wasn't too bad although not great. I saw an ad on kygunclassifieds that River City Firearms had a couple of P938's in stock so I gave them a call and headed that way. Prior to leaving, I Googled the P938 and saw where several people had problems with FTE and the front sight being off to the left. RCF had an Extreme and a Nightmare. The Nightmare came with one 6 round magazine and the Extreme came with both a 6 & 7 round magazine. I was only really interested in the Extreme because it is the little brother of the P226 Extreme that I already own. The Extreme has the Nitron coated SS slide and black anodized frame. It also has the Siglite night sites and Hogue G-10 grips. The P938 is a single action only trigger and has a thumb safety, mag release and slide stop similar to a 1911

Today at lunch I headed over to Shooters Roost in Shelbyville. I put exactly 126 rounds thru it. I took 3 types of ammo to see if it liked one better than another. Aguila 124 gr, Herters 115 gr and PMC 115 gr....all brass cased. I am not the best pistol shooter, nor do I want to be. If I can hit the steel, I know I hit a vital place. Paper is really boring once you have shot steel. I wanted to shoot this gun real bad so I settled for paper.

I started out at approximately 7 yards. The Herters seemed to shoot the most accurate (in my hands), the PMC next and lastly the Aguila.

Aguila

Herters

PMC

Then I moved it out to around 12 yards. The PMC seemed more accurate followed by Herters and Aguila last.

Overall this is the best sub-compact that I have shot to date. Less recoil and the sights were great. I did not have one FTE and the sights seemed true (just my lack of skill). Fit and finish are nice but I seem to have a little trouble disassembling it. I think once I break it in, it will get easier. Anybody considering buying one of these is welcome to shoot mine.

River City Firearms is located in Audubon Park. The owner, Derick, has a full time job so he is only open in the evenings. It does not have signs so you need to call to get directions and make sure that he is in. He sets up at all of the gun shows so I had spoken to him before.

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member

Sig 938 Extreme

Post by 86 slo-vo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:52 pm

I shot one saturday, they are nice. I couldn't believe how little recoil it had for being so small. It made me have second thoughts about my shield.

I'd love to have one, just can't afford one.
Marcus wrote:KAC, marrying above their league since 2012.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 63 times

Sig 938 Extreme

Post by Marcus » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Coachf wrote:Dibs.
Dibs from you if you end up with one.lol
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Toddinlou
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Sig 938 Extreme

Post by Toddinlou » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:23 pm

dbh wrote: River City Firearms is located in Audubon Park. The owner, Derick, has a full time job so he is only open in the evenings. It does not have signs so you need to call to get directions and make sure that he is in. He sets up at all of the gun shows so I had spoken to him before.
Never heard of him.... That's my neighborhood

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Dibs from Marcus once he gets bored with Coach's already bored & traded pistol.

Just wipe her down real good to rid her of the 2nd & 3rd hand spooge.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Toddinlou wrote:
He rents a building here:

Economy Aquatic Gardens
2915 Preston Hwy

No signs.....no showroom.....decent prices.

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mtchbrian » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:24 am

dbh wrote:
Toddinlou wrote:
He rents a building here:

Economy Aquatic Gardens
2915 Preston Hwy

No signs.....no showroom.....decent prices.
good to know. not too far up the road from me.
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

Return to “Range Reports”