Frog Lube Report

If you have a straight up REVIEW or a firearm, post it up here.
justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Frog Lube Report

Post by justang1997 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:08 pm

So I finally got a chance to shoot my new to me Beretta M9. Previous owner had some frog lube on it when I purchased it so I figured I would continue using it. I like that it stays where you put it. I applied it to the frame rails and slide rails and the barrel lock up parts. I used regular old rem oil on the spring and guide rod and trigger parts. Took it to Open Range last night with my brother and put 150 rounds through it. I didn't do any rapid fire, just slow fire assessing accuracy and some purposeful limp wristing to make it jam. All 150 fired without issue. I didn't notice any strange smells like most people report when using frog lube. I did notice some of the lube on the frame due to the slide cycling. I could imagine that if you are at a range that allows drawing from the holster, you could have some frog slime in your holster.

Cleaning the gun today I noticed it looked very messy but the lube was still on the critical parts and I feel like it is a better way to lube frame rails than using liquid. It look longer to clean the gun but to me that is an acceptable trade off. Now for some pictures.

You can clearly see frog spooge on the frame.

Frog spooge on the back of the gun near the hammer and down on the grips. This was the messiest area.

Inside the gun looked pretty messy. The whole inside had a coating of frog lube even though I didn't apply it all over the internals.

This picture still shows that is has lube still on the frame slide rails. It also worked its way down into the trigger area. While I looked like a total mess, it wasn't that bad cleaning it up. I used paper towels and Q tips to wipe the frog grease off of everything and the burnt powder and carbon came right off with it. I would like to see how it does when 500 rounds are fired through it. Most pistols will not have any liquid lube left on the gun especially the rails after 500 or so rounds. I'll update next time I shoot more than 150 rounds.

burn360
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Frog Lube Report

Post by burn360 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:14 pm

I got some to try on my P229 but havnt shot it yet.
Hard Core Wild Banshee Style!!!!!

etownguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Frog Lube Report

Post by etownguy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:57 pm

I use it on everything except rimfire they are just too dirty and the Lube looks like oil after a day of shooting

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:02 pm

I put some in one of my craftsman wrenches too lol.

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times

Post by JustShootIt » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:21 pm

I've used frog lube for a while now and really like it....

Couple things to consider:

For it to be most effective remove all other oils ie Rem Oil, Hoppes or the like....works much better alone...

I can honestly say that the more I use it on my guns, the better it seems to get, as if it "absorbs" to the metal or pores...they even suggest using it while warm, which I've done....

What made me a believer was using this on my Colt New Agent.....I daily carry the Colt and especially in the summer, I couldn't keep it from getting surface rust, even with daily cleaning and lubing. Started using frog lube and my gun showed now more signs of rust, even on hot sunny days when exposed to lots of sweat.....
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

86 slo-vo
KAC Member
KAC Member

Frog Lube Report

Post by 86 slo-vo » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:52 pm

I recently picked a tub of it up to try it, so far I'm happy with it.

Seems to stay in place much better.
Marcus wrote:KAC, marrying above their league since 2012.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:57 pm

someones gotta say it. I just run a dry glock, no issues.

Buccman37
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Buccman37 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:36 pm

I remember that pistol! haha

SAMPLE- BANNED

Post by SAMPLE- BANNED » Tue May 28, 2013 3:30 pm

i use frog lube on all my weapons including my knives and I just love it. The more you use it the better it works and that is a true statement.
Kill em all and let God sort them out! <===== What a keyboard Commando like me would say. Mostly because I am frustrated with my lack of success with life.

I WILL USE THIS RADIO IF I HAVE TO!!!!!!!!!!!1

IM A REAL MAN!

Return to “Range Reports”