ISSC M22

If you have a straight up REVIEW or a firearm, post it up here.
RWillieK
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

ISSC M22

Post by RWillieK » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:54 am

Thought I would throw this up here in case anyone looks at one in the future.....

Purchased the ISSC M22 from Armor Hyde as a cheaper alternative to shooting 9mm.

Fit an finish seemed pretty decent, has 1 10-round magazine and a few tools for locking etc.

At the range I ran 200 rounds of CCI Mini-Mag (the recommended break-in ammo). Had two misfeeds in the 200, and the last two failed to eject. The two misfeeds dented the back of the case (not the projectile as other reviews noted).

Cleaned up the gun afterwards. Cleaning the barrel is not the easiest since it is fixed to the frame, but otherwise it was pretty straight forward.

Accuracy was pretty decent.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

ISSC M22

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:44 am

Good to hear and thanks for the review.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

ISSC M22

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:41 am

Coachf wrote:Cool review, appreciate the time. So the barrel is fixed to the frame? Not a fan of that. Do you own a glock? How is the grip/ feel in comparison to a glock?
They are attached (barrel) to the frame like a p22. The grip is similar to Glock but can't confirm the dimensions.

Looksdeadtome

Re: ISSC M22

Post by Looksdeadtome » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:02 pm

I almost bought that gun for the wife but changed my mind. I do not know much at all about them. Think she will be happier with the SR22.

RWillieK

Post by RWillieK » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Unfortunately (of fortunately, however you look at it) I don't own a Glock. I can tell you it is the same physical size as one of their models, but I don't know how the two compare in the hand.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by KYgundude » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:59 pm

I shot this today. Interesting gun. Follower spring is a lot lighter than a Ruger so it was really friendly to load the mag. The gun has a very Glocky look to it especially with the squared off slide. The trigger also felt very much like a Glock trigger or at least seemed that way due to the Glock style trigger safety. The grip was quite comfortable. Gun has a solid and very natural feel in the hand. Firing it was surprisingly more pleasurable than you might guess. Not sure exactly how to explain it but the action cycles really smoothly and the trigger has a fairly crisp break. The gun just feels smooth.

The only negative I found with it was it didn't want to eat my Federal Automatch bulk ammo. It would jam and had one it couldn't extract. It really likes the CCI Minimags. I would of course have to try and fire a couple others of the bulk ammo before making a finicky conclusion.

It's not a Ruger but for the price point I like it. On the overall I would have to call this gun a win

Interesting fact: This is the only 22 auto I've seen with a decocker. Kinda cool. Of course I can't think of another one I shot that was hammer fire.

Return to “Range Reports”