Concealed carry at the fair

Forum for concealed carry questions, classes, tips, and tricks.
ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Concealed carry at the fair

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:21 pm

303 KAR 1:041 (the dress code rules) is absent from the KAR when you look it up now. Seems to have been repealed because it was in violation of the KY Constitution and State law.
Last edited by ChopperDoc on Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:22 pm

SeymourSkinner wrote:I couldn't find anything in KRS. I just don't want to be asked to leave w wife and 3 kids in tow if my polo rides up.

According to what I am seeing in the KRS and the KAR they cannot legally even ask you to leave. Does that always mean that some rookie will ask you to not knowing what the statutes really say?

Nope.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:33 pm

This is the guy who got the KAR repealed last year and his answer to someone about OC.

KAR - fairgrounds.JPG
The applicable KAR was repealed in June of last year, it seems. If you read that entire thread, this guy spent his own time and effort to get that KAR repealed.
Last edited by ChopperDoc on Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:36 pm

and further reading indicates that one of my statements above was incorrect. Violation of SOME KAR's can get you arrested.

In my opinion this is very dangerous. Many of these are just passed on the spot as policy / procedure of how a government entity operates. These can be at the State level down to pseudo-city level. it is not a stretch to assume that a good many of these can be in conflict with State law.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:47 pm

So I'm even more confused now.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChopperDoc » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Okay. Here are the pertinent points:

A KAR did exist that specified the fair board could set the dress code for buildings they control. This KAR stated that guns were prohibited. That KAR was challenged as unconstitutional and it was repealed. the entire KAR. Gone.

So they cannot prohibit you, either by KAR, or KRS, to carry at the Fair, or any other building they occupy / control.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Toddstang » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:56 pm

"In" before the open carry neck beard with a Tapco'd SKS ruins it for all of us!

:llama:

J/K!

Return to “Concealed Carry”