No More PIT Maneuvers.....

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 57 times

No More PIT Maneuvers.....

Post by Rem700 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:39 pm

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=190_1477977073

Pretty cool idea and seems to work very well.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Re: No More PIT Maneuvers.....

Post by ssracer » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:43 pm

That's interesting

Whootsinator
Little Butthole
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Whootsinator » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:19 pm

Very interesting. I'm not in love with the tether, but as long as it is releasable with (nearly) 100% reliability, it may be nice to have as an option. A taut knee-to-waist height line that the suspect has a vote in the control of doesn't sit well with me. Obviously if the snag is needed they were willing to run. It would make a vehicle approach considerably more dangerous.

"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:32 pm

Because we all just have a Chevy Suburban with a big fancy hook thing handy when speeds get up to 120+

Right.......
:llama:

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:42 pm

This would make the case to use all those drug dealer ones you confiscate :)

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:48 pm

Mike wrote:Because we all just have a Chevy Suburban with a big fancy hook thing handy when speeds get up to 120+

Right.......
But it says "As seen on TV" on the box.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:48 pm

Looks good in the movies, in RL i cant see it being very practical. I can't see the driver being chased keep himself lined up so the cop car can snag him. They would be juking and jinking around avoiding the snag. And most roads have curves in them, which would foil the snag, too.

Most vehicles are being made lighter and lighter these days, and the cop car could end up being a trailer rather than a stopper.

Interesting idea, but needs work IMO
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:54 pm

Cop chases usually only last a few minutes(around here anyways) and are a clusterfuck of stuff happening and evolving really quickly.

The one from the bank robbery the other day was 8.4 miles and hit speeds well over 115 mph and only lasted a few minutes and you couldn't even get on the radio to say anything. Ended before you could even think about getting a pit in. Not that we needed to with my skills of driving, just follow until they lose it!
:llama:

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:23 am

Mike wrote:Cop chases usually only last a few minutes(around here anyways) and are a clusterfuck of stuff happening and evolving really quickly.

The one from the bank robbery the other day was 8.4 miles and hit speeds well over 115 mph and only lasted a few minutes and you couldn't even get on the radio to say anything. Ended before you could even think about getting a pit in. Not that we needed to with my skills of driving, just follow until they lose it!
Let's just hope you don't have to go through a mud hole...haha :)

kylehash86
Been liked: 0

Post by kylehash86 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:14 am

man id love to be the practice run guy. i feel like they would have a hell of a time getting one of those on one of my tires.

Return to “Everything Else”