Tweaker on a tear in Clay and Owsley several manhunts NG yet

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Tweaker on a tear in Clay and Owsley several manhunts NG yet

Post by richief » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:05 pm

Add two more cars stole a home invasion and shootout with home owner, as of this morning he broke into house in Owsley shot it out with homeowner and escaped in silver dodge avenger. He heade back to clay but come up on road closed with crew driving steel on roadside, hill hopped over to little buckskin and stole a red mustang. More to follow I'm sure.

http://www.lex18.com/Clip/12627153/inve ... -a-rampage

MOST WANTED UPDATE : From Manchester Enterprise
After weeks of terrorizing victims of Owsley and Clay County, Timmy Lawson is now not only being hunted by police, but by local residents as well.
Island City, in Owsley County, was filled today with armed residents as they searched the area for the fugitive. Police say Lawson's family has been aiding him in his escape and several have already been put in jail.
They feel if Lawson's family wants to help him, the best thing would be to urge him to turn himself in before he's killed.
"You can't do what he's doing and not expect to be shot at," one law enforcement official said. "Citizens are armed with guns, sitting on their porches and waiting for him to come by. If his family don't realize it, and they love him, they're going to get him killed by helping him avoid custody. The best thing for his safety and the public is for him to turn himself in."
Citizens were driving up remote area's on ATV's, walking in the woods and driving highways, all armed, and looking for Lawson.
One resident near the Island City Liquor store had this to say,
"I'm not telling you my name, but If I see him he's dead," said the man with a .357 pistol on his belt. "This isn't a game anymore. You don't break in on people and steal cars and expect to get away with it. We're tired of living in fear."
Owsley sheriff Kelly Shouse and Clay sheriff Kevin Johnson, along with their deputies and the Kentucky State Police, have combed the area since yesterday. They have recovered the truck he stole in Clay County yesterday in a remote area. Lawson was allegedly on his way to jail to turn himself in when he got sick and asked the driver to pull over on US 421 at Island Creek. Lawson, whom police say is 'strung out on meth', then told the driver he couldn't do this and fled on foot wearing only boxer shorts and socks.
A manhunt ensued in the area as Lawson escaped into a wooded area and broke into a home.
"Lawson entered a home on Island Creek in Clay County, stole a gun and waited for the occupant to come home," Johnson said. "Lawson then shoved the man in a closet and locked him inside stealing his truck."
Police consider this an extremely dangerous situation as Lawson has stolen over seven vehicles in just over a week, committed several burglaries, kidnapping and armed robbery.
"This is an extremely serious situation," Owsley sheriff Kelly Shouse said. "People are tired of this, his best option is to turn himself in."
Lawson is considered armed and dangerous and police ask citizens to not approach him, but to call 911 immediately.
"We think he's either going to kill somebody or somebody is going to kill him," one officer said. "That's how serious this situation is right now."

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0

Re: Tweaker on a tear in Clay and Owsley several manhunts NG

Post by Vividia » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:05 am

Wow. Citizens standing up for themselves. /cheer
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

richief

Post by richief » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:08 am

Dashammer
Been liked: 0

Post by Dashammer » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:53 am

I use to work for a small company in that area of Ky several years ago. The people where the most hard working and kind people I have ever been around and I have been around the block several times. However if they told you they where going to do something you could bank on it. Like the man said it would be best for Timmy to turn himself in.

richief

Post by richief » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:06 pm

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Wyldman » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:06 pm

Page not found.

Did they get him alive, or did he piss off the wrong person?

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

richief

Post by richief » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:38 pm

Yeah, that news station got rid of almost all lawson posts. Dunno why. I heard they got him at his Mamma's house. Glad no one got killed over his selfish crap.
He did piss off a lot of folks. Hopefully he will make a go at some kind of a human life, if not I don't think folks will cut him much slack next time around.

Return to “Everything Else”