Internet Service Providers?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Geno
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Internet Service Providers?

Post by Geno » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:50 pm

I have been trying to find an ISP with no luck. I am in a rural area, not even cable is available. I have seen ads for Hughes Net satellite service, but not a lot of good feedback. Currently I use a portable WiFi jet pack at home. Ideas?
I know not what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Neither Welfare nor political office were intended to be a career path!

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Internet Service Providers?

Post by PDM » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:11 pm

Cellular is not a bad way to go if you can get it
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:12 pm

I'm in the same boat. I use my phone for everything because it's fast with ATT. Hughes, Shelby BB and the likes are high, and slow as shit. If I'm going to pay out the ass, I at least want it to be fast. That's why I just use my phone for everything.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dave1965 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:59 pm

Niceguy wrote:I'm in the same boat. I use my phone for everything because it's fast with ATT. Hughes, Shelby BB and the likes are high, and slow as shit. If I'm going to pay out the ass, I at least want it to be fast. That's why I just use my phone for everything.
Shelby BB is 50 a month and much better than what we had, often debate going to ATT Uverse because it would be faster and cheaper but they can't tell me until I sign up for sure if I can get it here. Shelby is a small company and have had problems with tower outages for a week at a time. But I just use my phone as hot spot for my desktop when I do.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:55 pm

Dave1965 wrote:
Niceguy wrote:I'm in the same boat. I use my phone for everything because it's fast with ATT. Hughes, Shelby BB and the likes are high, and slow as shit. If I'm going to pay out the ass, I at least want it to be fast. That's why I just use my phone for everything.
Shelby BB is 50 a month and much better than what we had, often debate going to ATT Uverse because it would be faster and cheaper but they can't tell me until I sign up for sure if I can get it here. Shelby is a small company and have had problems with tower outages for a week at a time. But I just use my phone as hot spot for my desktop when I do.
A few of my buddy's have Shelby and it's too slow. One that lives kinda across the street from me has the fastest they offer and it's WAY slower than my phone. I can't get Uverse.

Geno
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Geno » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:46 pm

I think that my portable WiFi is cellular. I was hoping to find something fast enough for video. I use about 15 gigs of data per month . Overage is $15.00 per gig. Ouch!
I suppose I can either have a place to Wizz off the front porch or... Internet access. HaHa.

Tomahawk
Been liked: 0

Post by Tomahawk » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:06 pm

Geno wrote:I think that my portable WiFi is cellular. I was hoping to find something fast enough for video. I use about 15 gigs of data per month . Overage is $15.00 per gig. Ouch!
I suppose I can either have a place to Wizz off the front porch or... Internet access. HaHa.
Verizon and all cell providers have that mifi plan you ahold google

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Marcus » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:09 pm

Tomahawk wrote:
Geno wrote:I think that my portable WiFi is cellular. I was hoping to find something fast enough for video. I use about 15 gigs of data per month . Overage is $15.00 per gig. Ouch!
Unless you have unlimited data, then they are very stingy.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dave1965 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:12 pm

Niceguy wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:
A few of my buddy's have Shelby and it's too slow. One that lives kinda across the street from me has the fastest they offer and it's WAY slower than my phone. I can't get Uverse.

Yeah I have the fastest they offer, its nowhere near the speed of cable or dsl ...but its better than the air card we had been using. $50 is the price for the highest speed. We can generally watch netflix on it, internet playstation gaming is not as fast but usually operable when it is working right.

Geno
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Geno » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:13 pm

I appreciate all the information. Seems that my current Verizon Jet Pack may be the best available here for now.

Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:27 pm

Marcus wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
My dad lived out in the boonies. I don't know why but for about 7 months he said screw it. Paid 200 to 250 a month to support his video habit. He told me youtube, I'm not so sure.

Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:28 pm

Geno wrote:I appreciate all the information. Seems that my current Verizon Jet Pack may be the best available here for now.
You could see this as an opportunity to do house work, read, cook or enjoy the outdoors. I barely use 1gig on my phone.

Geno
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Geno » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:06 am

My wife and son help an awful lot on the 15 gigs that we share. I think the Facebook games they play eat up quite a bit of data. At least that's my side of the story! LOL. I won't even get a Facebook account.

ProCroation
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 3 times

Post by ProCroation » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:51 am

Marcus wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
What Marcus says is truth. I have Verizon Mifi hotspot. I am grandfathered in on the unlimited data package but I don't think they offer unlimited anymore, to new customers. Good thing because I usually clock in at 15 to 20 gigs per month.

I'm actually considering a switch to ATT U-verse or TWC but I refuse to cancel Verizon just yet, until I decide I'm happy with one of the aforementioned.
A cop stopped me on the street and said "we're looking for a mugger who fits your description" , so I said "okay I'll do it".

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChickenLady » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:35 am

offs! I have Hughes net. Not retyping my speech. Ask me if you have questions
Livewire wrote:CL, the most sought after chicken farming insurance agent in kentucky
Livewire wrote:You're cooking has bought you a team of body guards wiling to follow you around at school

Return to “Everything Else”