A&E Suspends Duck Dynasty Reality Star

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

A&E Suspends Duck Dynasty Reality Star

Post by WLJ » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:20 am

His crime? Saying stuff like this
"It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”
A&E Suspends Duck Dynasty Reality Star for Expressing Real Opinion
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavli ... w-n1765499
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: A&E Suspends Duck Dynasty Reality Star

Post by Rem700 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:36 am

Im sure Phil is enjoying the peace and quiet of killing things in the woods. Get pissed cause he was honest A and E.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:37 am

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by ChickenLady » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:41 am

It's one thing to say what you like and want to if you are not a prominent public figure. It's another thing if you are plastered everywhere. Just say you don't agree with gay marriage based on your religious beliefs and move on.

He got nasty about it.
Livewire wrote:CL, the most sought after chicken farming insurance agent in kentucky
Livewire wrote:You're cooking has bought you a team of body guards wiling to follow you around at school

mtchbrian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mtchbrian » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:45 am

I don't think phil was out of line. He's not known to sugar coat his feelings. He was asked a question and he answered it truthfully.
Proud husband, father of 3, Iraqi Freedom Veteran, and Operation New Dawn veteran.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:51 am

mtchbrian wrote:I don't think phil was out of line. He's not known to sugar coat his feelings. He was asked a question and he answered it truthfully.
My opinion as well.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Toddstang » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:57 am

This is no longer a country where you can give your honest opinion. We are all supposed to lie with a straight face and not tell how we truly feel.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:10 pm

Tolerance for every one but white Christian men

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:10 pm

Tolerance for every one but white Christian men

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:12 pm

Toddstang wrote:This is no longer a country where you can give your honest opinion. We are all supposed to lie with a straight face and not tell how we truly feel.

This is about business and not losing any specific demographic of viewers. I doubt the network cares if he's anti gay
They just need to make a firefighting attempt to prevent the loss of ratings AKA money.

Religion, politics and philosophical views have no business in commercial ventures. Straying neutral (in public view) is always the path of least resistance. At least in my opinion.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Phil_Osophy

Post by Phil_Osophy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:12 pm

ChickenLady wrote:It's one thing to say what you like and want to if you are not a prominent public figure. It's another thing if you are plastered everywhere. Just say you don't agree with gay marriage based on your religious beliefs and move on.

He got nasty about it.
so what? What was that old document? I think its called...... the constitution?

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:13 pm

Phil_Osophy wrote:
ChickenLady wrote:It's one thing to say what you like and want to if you are not a prominent public figure. It's another thing if you are plastered everywhere. Just say you don't agree with gay marriage based on your religious beliefs and move on.

He got nasty about it.

Freedom of speech I don't think applies in the workplace.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:21 pm

I am about as vocal anti gay any thing but I agree with CL and KGD
Oh Phil fornicated the K-9

Phil_Osophy

Post by Phil_Osophy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:22 pm

KYgundude wrote:
Phil_Osophy wrote:

He got nasty about it.

Freedom of speech I don't think applies in the workplace.

it does if youre a liberal

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Rem700 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:24 pm

some how i dont think he is butt hurt over being asked to take a leave form the show. Screwd the pooch, i dont think so. Phil seems smart enough to know what he was getting himself into and or out of. The guy doesnt need that money and he isnt scared to share his beliefs in exchange for a pay check and for that i applaude him. I for one dont care about sexuality but i do believe if we dont stand behind our beliefs then what good are they to begin with.

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by nemo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:33 pm

A&E pursued the family for the show, after 3 seasons they knew Phills views/convictions and his plain talk about it. A&E shouldn't give the man crap for giving what they asked for.
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:34 pm

mtchbrian wrote:I don't think phil was out of line. He's not known to sugar coat his feelings. He was asked a question and he answered it truthfully.
I agree as well. Just tired of all the political correctness. If they asked, they should take the answer given. If you don't want to know what someone's views are, don't ask. I could care less what anyone does in the privacy of their own homes, just don't push it on me and I won't push my opinions on you. I don't agree with the gay lifestyle but I have a fee gay friends. They know what to expect if they ask my opinion. At the same time I don't gay bash nor change my opinion of them after finding out they were gay. I've never seen the show, so I have no opinion of it or him. I do have respect for him for not being a politically correct public figure.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by KYgundude » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:59 pm

I don't think he was out of line either BTW. I support speaking your mind and don't care how others feel about when I do. I'm just noting that it's bad for business and that I understand the networks response to the situation.

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Nolan » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:50 pm

I hope he gets his own show and goes back to only duck hunting--that show was the shit back then
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChickenLady » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:26 pm

Phil_Osophy wrote:

He got nasty about it.
Hooray free speech. I get it.

But there is a tact that one needs to maintain when being a public figure, he stomped it into the trash. Like Kayne and his "Bush hates white people" thing.
Livewire wrote:CL, the most sought after chicken farming insurance agent in kentucky
Livewire wrote:You're cooking has bought you a team of body guards wiling to follow you around at school

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:14 pm

I don't like what Kanye or Jessie or Obama or probably thousands of other have to say, but I don't want their freedom to say it go away, tactfully or not. I personally would like to beat their ability to say anything out of them at times, but don't want their right to say it to go anywhere. I don't want to hear what they have to say, so I don't listen to it. If anyone don't want to hear what anyone has to say, don't listen! It truly is that simple... Political correctness has become sickening! If someone says short, fat, honky, cracker or anything else like that around me I don't give a shit! As long as they are not directly threatening me, I give two shits less...

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChickenLady » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:22 pm

niceguyr6 wrote:I don't like what Kanye or Jessie or Obama or probably thousands of other have to say, but I don't want their freedom to say it go away, tactfully or not. I personally would like to beat their ability to say anything out of them at times, but don't want their right to say it to go anywhere. I don't want to hear what they have to say, so I don't listen to it. If anyone don't want to hear what anyone has to say, don't listen! It truly is that simple... Political correctness has become sickening! If someone says short, fat, honky, cracker or anything else like that around me I don't give a shit! As long as they are not directly threatening me, I give two shits less...
I'm not saying that they need to quit being douchenozzles. They can do whatever they want.

But! If they want to avoid the public backstorm and whatnot you are better off walking in with a little tact.

Personally, I think he could have handled it much better. I'm pro gay rights, but his comments don't piss me off or effect my life in any way. I just hate when people come off as idiots because of their words.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:38 pm

Fuck a bunch of homos !

Damn that sounds nasty.......so nasty..

Seriously, you want to be a queer and invoke some sort of queer power , equality horse shit, well first have the fucking sense of pride needed to not get offended by others opinions. Bunch of cry baby ass pussies, whiny bitches. Sure some of ya got queer friends and some how sympathize with them, like there struggle was anything more then high school popularity, but if you can take a DICK, you had best have thick enough skin to do it despite what someone else thinks. Dont have to get nasty about it, WTF do you think ANAL sex is? Its a shit hole, it is nasty by nature.

The problem is not fags or niggers, or Mexicans, or woman rights, the problem is they are all big giant NASTY , pussy bitches that whine like spoiled kids!

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:38 pm

ChickenLady wrote:
niceguyr6 wrote:I don't like what Kanye or Jessie or Obama or probably thousands of other have to say, but I don't want their freedom to say it go away, tactfully or not. I personally would like to beat their ability to say anything out of them at times, but don't want their right to say it to go anywhere. I don't want to hear what they have to say, so I don't listen to it. If anyone don't want to hear what anyone has to say, don't listen! It truly is that simple... Political correctness has become sickening! If someone says short, fat, honky, cracker or anything else like that around me I don't give a shit! As long as they are not directly threatening me, I give two shits less...
I'm not saying that they need to quit being douchenozzles. They can do whatever they want.

But! If they want to avoid the public backstorm and whatnot you are better off walking in with a little tact.

There's is 95% of the answer (in my opinion), they all WANT the attention... Shitstorms always seem to make more money.

Personally, I think he could have handled it much better. I'm pro gay rights, but his comments don't piss me off or effect my life in any way. I just hate when people come off as idiots because of their words.
Millions of doushbags say stupid shit and make total jackasses of themselves every minute of every day. I just don't understand why we give famous jerkoffs any more credit or our time than any other jerkoff...

Phil_Osophy

Post by Phil_Osophy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:39 pm

ChickenLady wrote:
Phil_Osophy wrote:

He got nasty about it.
Hooray free speech. I get it.

But there is a tact that one needs to maintain when being a public figure, he stomped it into the trash. Like Kayne and his "Bush hates white people" thing.
well, i guarantee if he said "penis in an ass, penis in a vagina, who cares? Let gay people do what they want", he would have been applauded by the network. Its all about the political bias of the network. I support kanyes right to say that as much as i support the klans right to call black people niggers. I believe in a nation of universal free speech. However, the network has the right to cut him. Nobody is entitled to anyone elses business in any aspect.

Return to “Everything Else”