A&E Suspends Duck Dynasty Reality Star

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: A&E Suspends Duck Dynasty Reality Star

Post by GeminiXD9 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:16 pm

All that said I think that the gay community or whatever organization it was made a big deal out of nothing at all and if some of those type of people would wash the sand out of their vagina, this wouldn't even be an issue. People with the "respect my right to do this n that but screw what u have to say" mentality. Ruining society
"That's how we do. We keep it light til it's time to get dark. Then we get pitch black."

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Jason wrote:
Toddstang wrote:
Jason wrote:Those two things have nothing to do with each other. A&E feels that it is in their business interest to remove him from the show. As his employer, they have that right.
So any and every employer should be able to fire any employee over their beliefs?
No employee should have any rights whats so ever?
Making China and North Korea sound like a day at Disney.
Has nothing to do with his "beliefs." His boss is A&E. A&E's end customer is the public/advertisers. What do you think would happen if a Walmart employee said the same shit to a customer and the customer got butthurt and made a big stink about it? They'd be fired immediately.
Oh yes, it was all about his beliefs and what he said in the interview.
As far as Walmart employee??? I hear them saying their mind every time Im in the store.
Phil was well known to the hunting community before DD. Him and his family have appeared on hunting shows numerous times and Im sure they will continue to be.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:52 pm

GeminiXD9 wrote:All that said I think that the gay community or whatever organization it was made a big deal out of nothing at all and if some of those type of people would wash the sand out of their vagina, this wouldn't even be an issue. People with the "respect my right to do this n that but screw what u have to say" mentality. Ruining society
This.

Next thing you know someone will make a Jehovah's Witness door knocker and get sued by them.

Jason
Been liked: 0

Post by Jason » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:41 am

Toddstang wrote: Oh yes, it was all about his beliefs and what he said in the interview.
As far as Walmart employee??? I hear them saying their mind every time Im in the store.
Phil was well known to the hunting community before DD. Him and his family have appeared on hunting shows numerous times and Im sure they will continue to be.
No, A&E doesn't give a shit what he believes. They are reacting to the backlash they're getting from the media and those who are butthurt by his remarks. They only care about saving face and looking as if they're "doing something."

Those employees speaking their minds at Walmart would get a lot of heat and/or fired IF a customer made a complaint. By the same token, if this guy had made his comments and no one lost their shit about it he'd still be on tv. A&E's actions have nothing to do with his belief system. The reaction from the media and others has a lot to do with his beliefs, however.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

A&E Suspends Duck Dynasty Reality Star

Post by jackalo626 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:31 am

Vaginas.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Marcus » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:26 am

jackalo626 wrote:Vaginas.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387625149.002137.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387625149.002137.jpg (28.91 KiB) Viewed 426 times
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:28 am

HAHAHA! Love Betty White!

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:43 am

It's not like this is going to make them go broke. He said what he believes and his family is backing him. Too many butthurts in this world

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Marcus » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:00 am

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387634329.200496.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387634329.200496.jpg (74.76 KiB) Viewed 407 times
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:03 am

People just don't understand A&E. It's a business. They don't care who sticks what in who's butt and who cares about it. If McDonalds finds out they are losing money because customers don't like their burgers made from baby seal meat ( and no they don't use that to the best of my knowledge ), then McDonalds stops using baby seal meat. If A&E is losing money because they pissed off the gays, they try and stop pissing off the gays.

This is NOT about Freedom of Speech. This is NOT about the constitution and this is NOT about religion. This is about Money, cash, duckets, green stamps, cheddar. If something loses you money, you make a change to earn that money back. If it means you have to fire someone then sorry for their luck.

Is it fair? Well maybe not. Is it legal? Sure is. If anyone wants to change to a communist country where the government tells A&E who they can hire and fire then vote Hillary in '16.

Jason

Post by Jason » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:32 pm

KYgundude wrote:People just don't understand A&E. It's a business. They don't care who sticks what in who's butt and who cares about it. If McDonalds finds out they are losing money because customers don't like their burgers made from baby seal meat ( and no they don't use that to the best of my knowledge ), then McDonalds stops using baby seal meat. If A&E is losing money because they pissed off the gays, they try and stop pissing off the gays.

This is NOT about Freedom of Speech. This is NOT about the constitution and this is NOT about religion. This is about Money, cash, duckets, green stamps, cheddar. If something loses you money, you make a change to earn that money back. If it means you have to fire someone then sorry for their luck.

Is it fair? Well maybe not. Is it legal? Sure is. If anyone wants to change to a communist country where the government tells A&E who they can hire and fire then vote Hillary in '16.
This right here. +1

Toddinlou
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toddinlou » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Yes and no.... It's not freedom of speech it's about the trend of catering to small and vocal minorities and special interests

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Toddinlou wrote:Yes and no.... It's not freedom of speech it's about the trend of catering to small and vocal minorities and special interests
That dictates what you can and cannot say to them or anything about them.

Jason

Post by Jason » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:29 pm

I don't think we should necessarily ignore small and vocal minorities or special interest groups out of hand though... those things have helped us as gun owners many many times.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:50 pm

Jason wrote:I don't think we should necessarily ignore small and vocal minorities or special interest groups out of hand though... those things have helped us as gun owners many many times.
Exactly. I stand behind the Alaskan Transgender Baby Seal Clubbers of East Miami Florida.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:52 pm

Toddstang wrote:
Jason wrote:I don't think we should necessarily ignore small and vocal minorities or special interest groups out of hand though... those things have helped us as gun owners many many times.
Exactly. I stand behind the Alaskan Transgender Baby Seal Clubbers of East Miami Florida.
Just like cheap brake shops stand behind all their work. They be crazy to stand in front of it.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Jason

Post by Jason » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:38 am

Toddstang wrote:
You are now banned from life

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:36 am

Courier-Journal doing a poll

Did A & E make the right call in suspending Phil Robertson?
http://www.courier-journal.com/poll/2013-12-21/7663927
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:38 am

No, he should be able to speak freely 58%

Yes, while agree with free speech, A & E is free to do what it wants 23%

Yes, anyone who makes remarks like that should be reprimanded 7%

I am really not sure/Don't care 4%

Who is Phil Robertson? 6%

261 votes

irishrob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by irishrob » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:49 pm

1521290_10151859893925954_2083787935_n.jpg
1521290_10151859893925954_2083787935_n.jpg (64.33 KiB) Viewed 424 times

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:00 pm

I wish this thread would die. Just saying.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:08 pm

1fastmach1 wrote:I wish this thread would die. Just saying.
Posting in it doesn't get you closer to your goal.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:10 pm

Threads are like TV shows, no one is forcing you to watch it.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:47 pm

I have to swipe my finer to make it a read thread. See, I had to bump it again to respond. /sigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:25 pm

See....now I'm gonna keep it going just to piss you off :llama:

Return to “Everything Else”