Okay, who shot the trap box at New Haven?

Doesn't fit in the other categories? Maybe just want to post up some humor or random happening? This is the place for it.
Till
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Okay, who shot the trap box at New Haven?

Post by Till » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:46 pm

Yeah I shoot glocks mainly....
---------------------Integrity, Honesty, Discipline, Respect-------------------------
WLJ wrote:Damn I need to install a Till filter.
GeminiXD9 wrote:I hope your fu**in car falls apart while your doing 70 on the highway

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:31 pm

I was thinking of joining that range. I thought I understood the cost is just $15? I live an hour away and have a range close by but we are limited to paper targets and no class 3 fun. I may not use it but a couple times a year but that is cheap for a range even driving to get there. DD said people were not paying range fees so I was curious as to what range fees there are beyond joining??

If I go to our local place, I pick up every brass case left there by me or someone else, no use wasting it.

Ar-Rob
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Ar-Rob » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Dave1965 wrote:I was thinking of joining that range. I thought I understood the cost is just $15? I live an hour away and have a range close by but we are limited to paper targets and no class 3 fun. I may not use it but a couple times a year but that is cheap for a range even driving to get there. DD said people were not paying range fees so I was curious as to what range fees there are beyond joining??

If I go to our local place, I pick up every brass case left there by me or someone else, no use wasting it.
$15 for an individual and $5 every time you go to shoot
scorpionmain wrote:I've heard "Rob is a dick"
Rem700 wrote:Rob is a dick
Marcus wrote:Rob can be such a dick

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:21 pm

I was there on Sunday and don't remember seeing any dents in the trap house steel plating. I left my orange block and ball targets there by mistake, forgot to pick em up and didn't notice til i was unloading back in oldham county. Oh well. Picked up my brass, and some other people's too since i picked up some 223 and i didnt' shoot any that day. I spread out a sheet and let the brass eject onto it. Worked pretty well considering the wind LOL.

I hope whoever is messing things up for the rest of us gets busted big time.
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

Lincoln Arms

Post by Lincoln Arms » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:43 pm

A Tarp is always a good idea. Easy clean up.

TheMrMitch
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by TheMrMitch » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:14 pm

There is also a oval kinda cage that picks up ALL brass. Might look into that.
Don't blong to club but stop by all the time. Will bring my magnetic roller if needed.
USMC 1959/1963

Youth and brawn are NO match for age and treachery.
I'm too old to fight, but not to shoot.

Toddinlou
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toddinlou » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:56 am

I've seen the range in horrid shape after the Friday night trap shoot or whatever it is. Not just brass but empty beer cans, cig butts and targets all over. We may be 90% of the membership but the 80/20 rule applies here too. 80% of the problems are caused by 20% of the shooters.

busted leg
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by busted leg » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:56 pm

I am going to the meeting on may 9 2012 at range

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:56 pm

Nobody is going to fess up to shooting it or leaving their brass. The only way this can be solved is catching one of them red handed. I say "one" of them because I play the odds on this. More than likely it is multiple.

busted leg
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by busted leg » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:49 pm

I remember a post on KFA that someone had placed a game cam to catch people

busted leg
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by busted leg » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Any1 else going to the range meeting in May??

busted leg
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by busted leg » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:51 pm

I believe it is May 9 7PM

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:52 pm

busted leg wrote:I remember a post on KFA that someone had placed a game cam to catch people
Does that mean there's going to be a picture of me picking my nose on facebook?
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:10 pm

Sounds like typical semi public range issues. I would have to assume that you have a drunken scraper around them parts, they will often stop by every week to pick up scrap be it steel or brass. My driveway is paved in empty cases, it jinggles when you walk. Im so so glad that I have my own range or land that I can shoot on.

You guys up north dont forget about the randy range.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:39 pm

son of liberty wrote:Sounds like typical semi public range issues. I would have to assume that you have a drunken scraper around them parts, they will often stop by every week to pick up scrap be it steel or brass. My driveway is paved in empty cases, it jinggles when you walk. Im so so glad that I have my own range or land that I can shoot on.

You guys up north dont forget about the randy range.
That would be nice if there was a drunk scrapper because then they would actually pick up the brass but the complaint is that it is not being picked up. With the amount of reloaders, I am puzzled as to why it is left.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:41 pm

A lot of it is steel, thus not reloadable.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:55 pm

WLJ wrote:A lot of it is steel, thus not reloadable.
Yeah but that is where the scrapper comment comes in.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:00 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
He said "drunk scrapper"

Not sure what he meant by that but how many steel casings would you have to pick up to amount to much?

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:04 pm

Just a curious question....
Are we the only folks who shoot ( non shotguns ) at the range? Seems like any time somethings wrong we believe it's one of us. Are we the only ones? Sorry, I just don't know much about NH. I'm a member but only shot there twice at official shoots.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:05 pm

We most certainly are not the only ones shooting non trap there

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dave1965 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Ar-Rob wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:I was thinking of joining that range. I thought I understood the cost is just $15? I live an hour away and have a range close by but we are limited to paper targets and no class 3 fun. I may not use it but a couple times a year but that is cheap for a range even driving to get there. DD said people were not paying range fees so I was curious as to what range fees there are beyond joining??

$15 for an individual and $5 every time you go to shoot
Ah the $5 part was what I was missing, will be getting a check to go out to the range address next week then.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:25 pm

WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
He said "drunk scrapper"

Not sure what he meant by that but how many steel casings would you have to pick up to amount to much?
anything for free is worth it....

Shineybore
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Shineybore » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:25 am

I'm not sure how some of you would approach the perpetrator. I've read some replies in this thread, not worth getting into a physical altercation with someone over spent brass. Besides both parties will likely have firearms.
I belong to a private range and we have somewhat of the same problems. We have ding dongs that shoot the target frames (clearly posted not to), leave used shot up targets on the stands, shoot breakable objects and not pick up the pieces when their done. The brass is never a problem, we have brass bandits just salivating to get your brass.

I've never been to NH range so i don't know the layout. Shooting the trap house is unacceptable and should be reported if seen to the board, the member banned and charged for the repairs to the trap house. This may involve going to small claims court. Just depends if you guys want to make an example of rule breakers. It's your range you guys make the rules. The way I have heard its been done at our range is the person who seen it writes down the members plate number from his car and introduces himself to the perpetrator and strikes up friendly conversation to find out the members name. Then the board notified and handled accordingly.

Hope you guys find a solution. Sounds like you all have it going on with meetings and all. Bring up your issues in the meeting and hopefully the perpetrator will be in attendance and right his wrong.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Went today and who ever was before me left the gate unlocked, closed, but unlocked.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:19 pm

I can assure you that place was in better shape after the RWI shoot than before it. We picked up a LOT of other people's brass. Lots of AK, .30 carbine, some .45.....

Return to “Everything Else”