any auto body guys?

Got a badass ride, post it up. Cars, trucks, bikes, trikes, whatever rolls or flies.
Till
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

any auto body guys?

Post by Till » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:10 pm

Well washed the truck...

Used some scratch n fix paint thing.

Guy told me it was the right one, it wasn't.

It went on dark and I thought man this isn't right but he told me it was....

It's the darker red.... UGH

Anyway looking to fix it, suggestions I a DIYer
---------------------Integrity, Honesty, Discipline, Respect-------------------------
WLJ wrote:Damn I need to install a Till filter.
GeminiXD9 wrote:I hope your fu**in car falls apart while your doing 70 on the highway

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: any auto body guys?

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:16 pm

Bronson is a painter so maybe he can give you pointers.

Till
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Till » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:19 pm

Haha hope so I feel retarded.

Not paying to have it fixed as its just going to happen again but if I can make it look better I'll try!

I thought about getting the right paint and going back over it but don't think that'll work
---------------------Integrity, Honesty, Discipline, Respect-------------------------
GeminiXD9 wrote:I hope your fu**in car falls apart while your doing 70 on the highway

Drewstang

Post by Drewstang » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Go to an actual body paint store and see if they can mix you a bottle based on your paint code. I've painted on and off for years. Post a pic of the damage and maybe I can help.

wash
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by wash » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:53 pm

Bondo!

Till
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Till » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:16 pm

Ok I got the right paint it's the matter now of how to get touch up paint off or just go over it can't post pics til tomorrow on shift

Armyastro

Post by Armyastro » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:56 pm

is it a scratch that you just filled in with a scratch fix pen or small bottle and brush kinda like nail polish? if so, just get a sanding pen (called a few names, sanding pen, nik-pen, prep pen ect) carefully sand/remove the paint you put in, it should sand/scratch/chip out pretty easy unless you pre sanded it scratch or used some sort of etch primer and feather sanded the area. after you remove the unwanted, then carefully sand the actual paint around the scratch and use a real color match paint from an automotive paint store. you can get them to mix a paint pen or small ounce or less bottle, paint the scratch, then after it dries and cures, take some fine sandpaper (1500-2000), a bucket of warm water, small amount of soap (not much, maybe a teaspoon per gallon), a sponge and wetsand the area lightly, make sure you soak the sandpaper and keep the area wet and rinsed as much as possible. just wetsand it enough to knock downthe new paint and make it "flush". just be careful to focus on the new paint and not the outer old stock paint and dont sand in one spot, more than 2 passes without moving will mess up the whole area and remove the old stock clearcoat ect
http://www.walmart.com/ip/K-Tool-Intern ... n/15628357

Return to “Vehicles”