How prepared are you?

Like to live in the wilds, or just camp? This is the board for you. All things survival and bushcraft related here.
icehouse1
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

How prepared are you?

Post by icehouse1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:52 am

We all know that there is some shit going down soon, but honestly, how well prepared are you for when the SHTF?

Me, ammo wise... I am sitting really nice.. LOL!
Food, not that much, but where I am going, we can live off of the land and there is about a years worth of canned goods for about 15 people.

I have read a lot of stuff on the net about all of the things that could trigger the SHTF situation, but I honestly believe that if the truckers do what they are thinking, it could be the start to it all..

Well... are you ready?

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times

Re: How prepared are you?

Post by JustShootIt » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:26 pm

I have read a lot of stuff on the net about all of the things that could trigger the SHTF situation, but I honestly believe that if the truckers do what they are thinking, it could be the start to it all..
?
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

Harb

Post by Harb » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:27 pm

JustShootIt wrote:
?
I think he's referring to the trucker protest in DC scheduled for later this month.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:29 pm

I have a gun and 1 bullet. Therefore I have all of someone elses stuff I really need it.
:llama:

Tyler
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Tyler » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:04 pm

Mike wrote:I have a gun and 1 bullet. Therefore I have all of someone elses stuff I really need it.
Serve and Protect
Height Supremacist

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:06 pm

Mike wrote:I have a gun and 1 bullet. Therefore I have all of someone elses stuff I really need it.
Do you carry the bullet in your shirt pocket, Barney ?? :-)

Robert Paulson
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Robert Paulson » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:40 pm

Nun yur bezznas.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:09 am

I doubt anyone would post what all they have tucked away for a rainy day so to speak. I'll say that I'm not done with prepping for any one thing. My time and energy gets spread to all areas evenly. My ammo stash would be considered pathetic to some on here.
I don't have all my eggs in one basket. I've got barter items. Ammo. Guns. Food. Medical. Tools. Fuel. Library of knowledge. Commo equipment. Perimeter security. Training budget for friends and family. Pretty impressive vehicle kits for each vehicle. I could go on but for me to consider myself done, I'd need about $100,000 more in preps. Not gonna happen any time soon. It's expensive to prep for something when you don't know what that something is.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:21 am

Yep it is difficult. When I was in Texas, I lived on a huge ranch I rented on. One day I started building an underground bunker. After breaking that awful rock infested ground, things started to come together. One morning I realized I was building a bomb shelter not 1 mile away from the largest military installation, if hit with any high yield ordinance, my pitiful shelter would only be a nice coffin. So I decided on mobility.

Eireguy
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Eireguy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:40 am

Luckily people with this attitude don't last very long. They usually get taken out quickly

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:26 am

What I find funny is that DoomsDay Preppers show. A few episodes basically tell you were these folks have everything cached and where they will be hunkering down.

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times

Post by BIGC » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:49 am

Toecutter1978 wrote:What I find funny is that DoomsDay Preppers show. A few episodes basically tell you were these folks have everything cached and where they will be hunkering down.

The worst though are those few who get on there and then have no defenses for their stuff and say "Oh well we wont have to worry about it, we'll share and be nice".... Yeah for about 5 seconds until somebody gets a whiff of what you have..
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mike » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:57 am

Eireguy wrote:
Luckily people with this attitude don't last very long. They usually get taken out quickly

The last few times I went through the end of the world shit hit the fan I survived. But apparently you saw people like me get taken out in yours? :llama:

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:59 am

...smh

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:08 am

BIGC wrote:
Toecutter1978 wrote:What I find funny is that DoomsDay Preppers show. A few episodes basically tell you were these folks have everything cached and where they will be hunkering down.

The worst though are those few who get on there and then have no defenses for their stuff and say "Oh well we wont have to worry about it, we'll share and be nice".... Yeah for about 5 seconds until somebody gets a whiff of what you have..
That show just helps fuel panic and drive up prices for everybody else. The whole "I'll share thing" is for family and friends, mainly those that can help support the cause.

If things do go to crap, probably I'll go hold up in a huge sorority house. Start myself a harem.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:09 am

Toecutter1978 wrote:
BIGC wrote:

That show just helps fuel panic and drive up prices for everybody else. The whole "I'll share thing" is for family and friends, mainly those that can help support the cause.

If things do go to crap, probably I'll go hold up in a huge sorority house. Start myself a harem.
They have created a Market for there BS china junk Survival products. I see it all the damn time, the market is full of useless trinkets some how related to survival in some multi use BS way!

BIGC

Post by BIGC » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:29 am

son of liberty wrote:
Toecutter1978 wrote:
BIGC wrote:

They have created a Market for there BS china junk Survival products. I see it all the damn time, the market is full of useless trinkets some how related to survival in some multi use BS way!

Bingo....

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mike » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:55 am

Toecutter1978 wrote:
BIGC wrote:

All the really hot ones will be holed up with me already. Until I am sick of putting up with their shit!

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChickenLady » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:36 pm

I'm not prepared at all. Ha.
Livewire wrote:CL, the most sought after chicken farming insurance agent in kentucky
Livewire wrote:You're cooking has bought you a team of body guards wiling to follow you around at school

BIGC

Post by BIGC » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:37 pm

Mike wrote:
Toecutter1978 wrote:
BIGC wrote:

All the really hot ones will be holed up with me already. Until I am sick of putting up with their shit!
Mike man he said a sorority not a whorehouse.....

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:07 pm

BIGC wrote:
Mike wrote:
Toecutter1978 wrote:
BIGC wrote:

There's a difference? haha

BIGC

Post by BIGC » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:08 pm

niceguyr6 wrote:
BIGC wrote:
Mike wrote:
Toecutter1978 wrote:
BIGC wrote:

There's a difference? haha
One gets paid one don't?

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Toddstang » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:22 pm

I have 2 spots available inside the cave on my property for SHTF.
Looks like a KAC SHTF auction will be underway soon.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by Dustin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:46 pm

I got a bag of meth and oxycontin. I have hold up in eastern KY for a while.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

BIGC

Post by BIGC » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:54 pm

I can go mobile with the trailer, just load everything in there and head out...

Return to “Survival/Bushcraft”