Innocent Family Ripped from Home at Gunpoint

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Innocent Family Ripped from Home at Gunpoint

Post by scorpionmain » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:21 pm

[youtube]2LrbsUVSVl8[/youtube]

Published on Apr 20, 2013
WATERTOWN, MA -- On Friday, April 19, 2013, during a manhunt for a bombing suspect, police and federal agents spent the day storming people's homes and performing illegal searches. While it was unclear initially if the home searches were voluntary, it is now crystal clear that they were absolutely NOT voluntary. Police were filmed ripping people from their homes at gunpoint, marching the residents out with their hands raised in submission, and then storming the homes to perform their illegal searches.
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Innocent Family Ripped from Home at Gunpoint

Post by scorpionmain » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Welcome to the USSA, comrades!
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:31 pm

NDAA

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Bs

Van Zan

Post by Van Zan » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:36 pm

If the homeowner had refused based on lack of a search warrant he would be cuffed, arrested and charged with disturbing the peace and resisting arrest with a busted door to boot.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:47 pm

Van Zan wrote:If the homeowner had refused based on lack of a search warrant he would be cuffed, arrested and charged with disturbing the peace and resisting arrest with a busted door to boot.
You think it is ok? I'm not looking to argue because I see both sides and there is no good choice I see honestly but I like hearing views from everyone.

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:56 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
Van Zan wrote:If the homeowner had refused based on lack of a search warrant he would be cuffed, arrested and charged with disturbing the peace and resisting arrest with a busted door to boot.
You think it is ok? I'm not looking to argue because I see both sides and there is no good choice I see honestly but I like hearing views from everyone.

HELL NO it is not OK.......... I would have been the one to resist even if being arrested because that is illegal search.
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:46 pm

This makes me SICK! I seriously couldn't waych it all. I keep telling myself "MAYBE" this is a case where there WAS a warrant or something we don't know but my mind keeps telling me to wake up.

Just like in Katrina, I feel there will be some case law from these types of instances. Katrina gave the people the right to not be disarmed during an emergency. I feel Boston will show us that terrorist hide and seek is not exigent circumstances to search a neighborhood without warrants. I hope it does at least. If it doesn't, where do you draw the line? Bombs? Mass shootings? 3, 4, 5, or 6 spree killings?

What if the homeowner was asleep on his couch and they busted in there and he opened fire on them(Yeah he would die but what about the end result?)

What if nobody answered the door? For fear of their rights being stripped away? Would these men and women bust the door down and search anyways?

I just don't know what to think about this situation. It makes me so angry because I see it from two sides, the civilian side and the officer side being told to do something unconstitutional. This just makes me feel like we have turned into a third world country overnight. It really saddens me for more reasons than most.
:llama:

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:50 pm

And I was actually talking about this today. I would probably allow the officers to search my house(I know I know) if I was there anyways with consent(depending on how they approached me anyways) because I would want the officers AND the public to know that my house was "safe" so they could move along. I think most people in that situation really would when it came down to it BUT NOT if the cops approached me like they did in this video!
:llama:

irishrob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by irishrob » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:07 pm

From watching this, they don't show a bit of interest in any of the surrounding houses. Makes me wonder if someone tipped them off to specifically that house. You would think they would have officers covering all the houses. Also reminds me of a clown car as many people that came out of the house. Also I would be one of them going to jail as I wouldn't let them have free access to my house even though I have nothing to hide.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:33 pm

I don't consent to searches. Period.

No tough guy talk; I'm not going to shoot anybody under these conditions, but they'll have to cuff me.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:10 pm

BIGC wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

HELL NO it is not OK.......... I would have been the one to resist even if being arrested because that is illegal search.
I want to hear his answer specifically because he says they would be arrested for disturbing the peace if they didn't let the police search. So by his theory you have to provide search authorization and I am curious as to his answer. Specifically focusing on the part about they get arrested if they don't consent. Does that go for anytime they want to search or just when a serious event is going on etc....

Van Zan

Post by Van Zan » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:08 pm

jackalo626 wrote:

Absolutely not. I am stating what I think would have happened after watching the video. The kicker is that without the video I'll betcha most judges would side with the Police.

I know that there the cops are in a really tough spot with bombs and bullets flying, islamic terrorists running around like it's Baghdad but come on guys this is the United States of America. People have rights.

I am afraid what we are seeing is the new normal.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:13 pm

Van Zan wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Absolutely not. I am stating what I think would have happened after watching the video. The kicker is that without the video I'll betcha most judges would side with the Police.

I know that there the cops are in a really tough spot with bombs and bullets flying, islamic terrorists running around like it's Baghdad but come on guys this is the United States of America. People have rights.

I am afraid what we are seeing is the new normal.
I agree that though illegal the police would have went in anyway and found a reason after the fact if they said no.

Van Zan

Post by Van Zan » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:46 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
BIGC wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

I want to hear his answer specifically because he says they would be arrested for disturbing the peace if they didn't let the police search. So by his theory you have to provide search authorization and I am curious as to his answer. Specifically focusing on the part about they get arrested if they don't consent. Does that go for anytime they want to search or just when a serious event is going on etc....

Disturbing the peace and resisting arrest are catch-alls that are hard to defend against in court. You have a whole group of police officers testifying against one citizen who raised his voice and "disturbed the peace" and then didn't submit as completely to arrest as the officer wanted. It really sucks but that is the reality of the situation. It really helps if you have video that doesn't end up as "evidence" in police storage.

It will be interesting to see if the liberals at the ACLU challenge this. I predict they let it slide.

George Orwell

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:48 pm

all those cops just milling around and not paying ANY attention to any of the other homes (that we can see). I would be interested to know if they did that house to house like that or if that one house met the requirements for entry without a warrant (or permission).

I too, would have to be cuffed. I will not consent. Warrant or I say no. If you come in anyway, well, we shall see what the courts have to say about it later I suppose.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:49 pm

As I watched the videos above, I imagined what I would do if my street were filled with armed, armored, paramilitary. I imagined when they came to my door I would politely decline to admit them. I wonder what would happen then. I thought of my children, their fear as paramilitary officers forced us into the street, and their terror if one of these officers, patience worn thin, attacked me or my family for not submitting to their authority.

We are a society of sheep. A few weeks ago I watched a six-part documentary about Auschwitz, and I wondered at the millions of East German Jews that were led from their homes to be sequestered in ghettos, and then led from the ghettos to be slaughtered at the death camps. I realized that this is the nature of humanity. It is the nature of governments to take power and to grow in power, and it is the nature of those who are governed to behave like sheep, to do as we are told, and to trust in government to protect us.

We have a Bill of Rights because the Founding Fathers knew that the government they were creating would grow in power and that it would eventually seek to oppress its citizens. It is the nature of government. They knew that the Crown had all of the power and the People had none, so they sought to protect our liberties through the document they created. One of the very specific abuses that they sought to prevent was soldiers or other government agents entering citizen’s homes without a warrant based upon probable cause, “particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Bobby G. Frederick is a criminal defense lawyer in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
http://www.trialtheory.com/uncategorize ... p-america/
–Samuel Adams

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:55 pm

Guard your freedoms jealously in times of crisis.
–Samuel Adams

awesomePOSSUM

Post by awesomePOSSUM » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:35 pm

I watched the news of the police going inside people's houses and wondered about the laws. I would have said no you may not come in but there isn't a terrorist here. Then I assumed they'd get you out if your house anyways.
You seem to have me confused...

You don't need a black rifle to be cool, but it sure helps.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”