Guns found in random search

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by justang1997 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:08 am

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/ ... reats-made

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:11 am

If a shotgun is in the trunk is that illegal? Correct me if I'm wrong but can't parents who carry and go to school events leave their gun in the car and still be legal?

When I was in school we had people leave their guns in the truck gun rack because they were deer hunting before school.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Guns found in random search

Post by BIGC » Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

wow, i still remember guys having gun racks in their trucks at school with their hunting rifles in them and nobody ever said a word. Now he gets busted for a shotgun in a trunk......
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by GeminiXD9 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

They don't bullshit when it comes to guns on school property
"That's how we do. We keep it light til it's time to get dark. Then we get pitch black."

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:16 am

If its not illegal then it is bs.
Last edited by justang1997 on Thu May 10, 2012 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by GeminiXD9 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:18 am

I agree. Just saying. They'll fuck with u pretty hard with a gun on school property nowadays
"That's how we do. We keep it light til it's time to get dark. Then we get pitch black."

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:22 am

Yeah. I'm not defending these kids, just saying it seems kinda like... Idk violating search and seizure rights. I would assume what's in my car has a reasonable expectation of privacy.
This would be like the police going to someones work and searching the cars in the parking lot with no warrent or reason.

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by GeminiXD9 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:25 am

I know at my job if the boss gives the police the ok. They are allowed to search my vehicle if it's on they're property. I work at residential homes and if for whatever reason the boss thinks I got something illegal in my car the cops can come search my shit. I still carry but I know that it could cost me my job

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Thu May 10, 2012 10:28 am

I know that employers cannot ban firearms from employees cars on the business' property anymore in KY because the law passed that says inside the vehicle is your personal property.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:32 am

GeminiXD9 wrote:I know at my job if the boss gives the police the ok. They are allowed to search my vehicle if it's on they're property. I work at residential homes and if for whatever reason the boss thinks I got something illegal in my car the cops can come search my shit. I still carry but I know that it could cost me my job
If its a company vehicle then yes, they could search but if its your own vehicle then they can't. I know because I used to be a subcontractor and dealt with this issue.

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by GeminiXD9 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:35 am

Yeah that is true. I forgot about that. I got the NRA update. That was their original policy though. And ky still is a free labor state so they could jus "let me go". I'm not real sure of the bosses stance on firearms but one time in a conversation about a client having a weapon I brought up that I have my ccdw. An he looked at me a Lil weird and asked y I have that. Lol. I explained that I believe in being able to protect me and mine. And I'm a recreational shooter. He jus nodded n walked off.

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by GeminiXD9 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:39 am

justang1997 wrote:
GeminiXD9 wrote:I know at my job if the boss gives the police the ok. They are allowed to search my vehicle if it's on they're property. I work at residential homes and if for whatever reason the boss thinks I got something illegal in my car the cops can come search my shit. I still carry but I know that it could cost me my job
If its a company vehicle then yes, they could search but if its your own vehicle then they can't. I know because I used to be a subcontractor and dealt with this issue.
Not disagreeing with u. But in our handbook it said if our vehicle was on company property then it could be searched. And also our person. At the boss mans discretion. I can recall an incident where something was stolen from a client and cops showed up and searched the staff on shifts car cuz the boss asked them to

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:45 am

If I had nothing to hide then I wouldn't care for them searching but just cause its in the handbook don't mean its legal. And most cops (no offence to any here) don't know the laws well enough when it comes to guns. Louisville even passed an ordinance banning ccdw guns in certain businesses and the businesses put up the ordinance number on the windows. Ky supreme court said it was against ky state law and state law trumps city ordinances. So you can carry in those businesses without legal issues but they still left the ordinance posted. Just sayin...

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:52 am

I got an email from my supervisors saying I wasn't allowed to view the wikileaks website...not even on my home computer. Now I've never been there or had any desire to check it out but when I got that email I was pretty pissed.

GeminiXD9
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by GeminiXD9 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:01 am

I figured it wasn't legal. Alot of how they conduct business ain't legal. It's a scare tactic more than anything. And I dnt have anything to hide so it don't really bother me other than the fact that's its bs. And just cuz it's not legal don't mean u won't b fucked with. Like u said alot of cops don't know enough about it. So they do what they're told or asked.

burn360
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by burn360 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:02 pm

I just saw this on the news and its bs. No reason the cops should have been able to search the cars.
Hard Core Wild Banshee Style!!!!!

Harleyx2
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Harleyx2 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:53 pm

KRS 527.070(3)(a) Makes it legal to carry a weapon on school property. I been following this for 2 days and committing in the newspaper. The 2 others are illegal, but the kid with the shotgun is legal, and i hope he sues all their asses off.

Toddinlou
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toddinlou » Thu May 10, 2012 1:02 pm

As I was told in highschool, students do NOT have rights. They searched cars, lockers, and people at will. Kinda glad they did as they found a few pipe bombs while I was there.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Thu May 10, 2012 1:08 pm

Students who are american citizens have rights...
Schools today condition the minds of our youth to be dependent upon government, unquestioning of government authority, and teach the liberal agenda as fact.

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 pm

they used to search our cars at school but they never did shit if it was in the trunk. more than once I had a big knife or other weapon in there and they would just bypass it because they were looking for drugs. hell my hunting knife was laying on the passenger seat one time and they asked me about it, I told them it was a hunting knife and not a weapon and they ignored it and continue their search..
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

Toddinlou
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toddinlou » Thu May 10, 2012 1:12 pm

justang1997 wrote:Students who are american citizens have rights...
Schools today condition the minds of our youth to be dependent upon government, unquestioning of government authority, and teach the liberal agenda as fact.
This was a large private school. I'm of the opinion that the school's number one priority is to make sure your kid comes home safe. If that means searching a car, so be it. These are kids, not adults. I don't particularly feel that junior needs to have his 870 with him at school. :Flame suit on:
Last edited by Toddinlou on Thu May 10, 2012 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Thu May 10, 2012 1:17 pm

I always carried a small folding pocket knife.

Its sad that school shootings and violence happen. When you have over 1000 teenagers in a area as small as a school building, its negligence to not have police ready to respond to a shooting or out of control fight. But searching students persons and cars is stepping over the line I think. If there is a reason or suspicion that is one thing but a search of all students who drive cars is uncalled for.

Toddinlou
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toddinlou » Thu May 10, 2012 1:18 pm

Coachf wrote:
justang1997 wrote:Students who are american citizens have rights...
Kind of a broad generalization.
I'll agree on this point. Not all schools are like that and there are some really goo teachers and administrators ou there. They are often unfortunately overshadowed by the knuckleheads.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Thu May 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Well he was 18 so he was an adult.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by justang1997 » Thu May 10, 2012 1:21 pm

Yeah pretty dang broad generalization, I agree.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”