Gun Control Watch

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Gun Control Watch

Post by PDM » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:34 pm

We had a lot of “illegal” guns in those days
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:03 pm

IMG_3950.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:14 pm

There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:43 pm

That one NEVER gets old
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

Geno
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Geno » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:24 pm

The Bill signed today is something that I would have expected from previous administration, sans military spending. Bent over the fence rail! VA got hosed several ways.
I know not what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Neither Welfare nor political office were intended to be a career path!

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Frailer » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:02 pm

Geno wrote:The Bill signed today is something that I would have expected from previous administration...
That’s because Ds and Rs have the same budget philosophy: spend more than we have.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:43 pm

PDM wrote:Probably a repost, but yeah

Haha i actually like this one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:43 pm

ssracer wrote:“Nobody’s going to take your guns”

They are so hit and miss. They dont even agree with each other.

Geno
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Geno » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:31 pm

Frailer, you are exactly correct! Another Independent made today. I'm changing my voter registration next week if possible. No primary voting, I know. I'm done.
I know not what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Neither Welfare nor political office were intended to be a career path!

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by PDM » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:23 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
ssracer wrote:“Nobody’s going to take your guns”

They are so hit and miss. They dont even agree with each other.

They don’t even agree with their self
Tench Coxe

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:52 pm

IMG_3960.JPG

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:06 pm

IMG_3962.JPG
IMG_3962.JPG (71.7 KiB) Viewed 666 times

jmeister
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 3 times

Post by jmeister » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:54 am

oh, there will be lawsuits

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:09 am

yeah gonna be hard to ban a machine gun like device with the trigger being pulled each time.

Every time I read something he says he has researching or preparing words in there...like it will never come about, especially if it needs a vote in Congress

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:38 am

Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (D-FL) and Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) on Monday introduced a bicameral piece of legislation, known as the Ammunition Background Check Act of 2018, that would require background checks for anyone wanting to purchase ammunition.
According to Wasserman-Schultz's office, the legislation would "close a loophole" that allows "criminals, domestic abusers, and dangerously mentally ill individuals" from purchasing ammo.
Democrats Introduce Bill Requiring Background Checks For Ammo Purchases
https://townhall.com/notebook/bethbauma ... s-n2464949
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:42 am

And BTW
Elections matter people

John Paul Stevens: Repeal the Second Amendment
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/opin ... d=pl-share

Retired Supreme Court Justice Stevens says Second Amendment should be repealed
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03 ... ealed.html

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:35 pm

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. ‘Gun Safety’ Shareholder Proposal Revealed
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/0 ... -revealed/
“Gun Safety” 2018 – Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc.

RESOLVED : Shareholders request the Board of Directors issue a report by February 8, 2019, at reasonable expense and excluding proprietary information, on the company’s activities related to gun safety measures and the mitigation of harm associated with gun products, including the following:

– Evidence of monitoring of violent events associated with products produced by the company.

– Efforts underway to research and produce safer guns and gun products

– Assessment of the corporate reputational and financial risks related to gun violence in the U.S.

SUPPORTING STATEMENT :

Gun violence is a public health crisis with extraordinary human and financial costs. Given our commitment to safety and responsibility, it is imperative that we assess all options for decreasing the societal impact of gun violence and mitigate financial and reputational risks for the company.

The Gun Violence Archive’s recent research found gun homicides up 12% and gun injuries up 50% year-after-year from 2014 – 2017.

A recent Harvard and Northeastern University Study approximated 265 million guns in the U.S. with a population of only 242 million adults – more than one gun per adult. It further found that 55 million Americans own guns and 3% of the population own half the total number of guns in the country, averaging 17 per super owner.

The New England Journal of Medicine published research demonstrating that living in a home with guns increased the risk of homicide by 40 to 170% and the risk of suicide by 90 to 460%.

An estimated 1.69 million children live in a home with firearms according to research published in the Journal of Pediatrics. Research in the Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine found 29% of parents with children 12 years or younger, and 42% of parents with children ages 13 to 17 have unlocked firearms in the home.

Despite being a contentious issue, a recent Quinnipiac Poll shows public support for sensible gun policy at all all-time high. Background checks are now favored by 95% of the population likely to vote. Survey participants also supported: A ban on sales of assault weapons (65%); a ban on sales of guns to people convicted of a violent crime (91%); banning gun modifications that convert weapons to fully automatic capabilities (74%); and stricter regulations on ammunition sales (62%).

While efforts to bring smart guns to the U.S. have been unsuccessful to date, the technology exists and there is reason to believe they could significantly reduce accidental shootings and suicides. Additionally, a recent study in the American Journal of Public Health found that almost 60% of Americans would be willing to buy a smart gun when considering a purchase.

According to the Violence Policy Center, since 1987 Sturm Ruger & Co., Inc. products have been used in 7 mass shootings, responsible for killing 60 people and wounding 70 more. Evidence shows that the American public, in ever greater numbers, is demanding safer guns and responsible firearm manufacturers.

We urge shareholders to vote for this proposal.

[NB: In their filing, Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc.’s Board of Directors advise shareholders to vote against the proposal.]

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:37 pm

Frailer wrote:
Geno wrote:The Bill signed today is something that I would have expected from previous administration...
That’s because Ds and Rs have the same budget philosophy: spend more than we have.
One's a turd sandwich the other is a turd sandwich with mustard.

Winner
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Winner » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:29 pm

WLJ wrote:And BTW
Elections matter people

John Paul Stevens: Repeal the Second Amendment
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/opin ... d=pl-share

Retired Supreme Court Justice Stevens says Second Amendment should be repealed
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03 ... ealed.html
It's a good thing that he is no longer a Supreme Court Justice!!

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:39 pm

I didn’t realize I was a “super owner.” Cool.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:46 pm

WLJ wrote:Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. ‘Gun Safety’ Shareholder Proposal Revealed
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/0 ... -revealed/
“Gun Safety” 2018 – Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc.

RESOLVED : Shareholders request the Board of Directors issue a report by February 8, 2019, at reasonable expense and excluding proprietary information, on the company’s activities related to gun safety measures and the mitigation of harm associated with gun products, including the following:

– Evidence of monitoring of violent events associated with products produced by the company.

– Efforts underway to research and produce safer guns and gun products

– Assessment of the corporate reputational and financial risks related to gun violence in the U.S.

SUPPORTING STATEMENT :

Gun violence is a public health crisis with extraordinary human and financial costs. Given our commitment to safety and responsibility, it is imperative that we assess all options for decreasing the societal impact of gun violence and mitigate financial and reputational risks for the company.

The Gun Violence Archive’s recent research found gun homicides up 12% and gun injuries up 50% year-after-year from 2014 – 2017.

A recent Harvard and Northeastern University Study approximated 265 million guns in the U.S. with a population of only 242 million adults – more than one gun per adult. It further found that 55 million Americans own guns and 3% of the population own half the total number of guns in the country, averaging 17 per super owner.

The New England Journal of Medicine published research demonstrating that living in a home with guns increased the risk of homicide by 40 to 170% and the risk of suicide by 90 to 460%.

An estimated 1.69 million children live in a home with firearms according to research published in the Journal of Pediatrics. Research in the Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine found 29% of parents with children 12 years or younger, and 42% of parents with children ages 13 to 17 have unlocked firearms in the home.

Despite being a contentious issue, a recent Quinnipiac Poll shows public support for sensible gun policy at all all-time high. Background checks are now favored by 95% of the population likely to vote. Survey participants also supported: A ban on sales of assault weapons (65%); a ban on sales of guns to people convicted of a violent crime (91%); banning gun modifications that convert weapons to fully automatic capabilities (74%); and stricter regulations on ammunition sales (62%).

While efforts to bring smart guns to the U.S. have been unsuccessful to date, the technology exists and there is reason to believe they could significantly reduce accidental shootings and suicides. Additionally, a recent study in the American Journal of Public Health found that almost 60% of Americans would be willing to buy a smart gun when considering a purchase.

According to the Violence Policy Center, since 1987 Sturm Ruger & Co., Inc. products have been used in 7 mass shootings, responsible for killing 60 people and wounding 70 more. Evidence shows that the American public, in ever greater numbers, is demanding safer guns and responsible firearm manufacturers.

We urge shareholders to vote for this proposal.

[NB: In their filing, Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc.’s Board of Directors advise shareholders to vote against the proposal.]
MOST PEOPLE DONT REALIZE THAT BILL RUGER WAS ONE OF THE ORIGINAL PROPONENTS FOR BANNING HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES AND LIMITING THEM TO TEN ROUNDS and WHY HE STOPPED SELLING THE MILITARIZED VERSION OF THE MINI-14. DOUCHEBAG. NO COINCIDENCE THAT HIS GUNS HAD LIMITS OF 10 ROUNDS ALREADY!!!!

I AM YELLING SO YOU CAN HEAR ME.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:49 pm

Frailer wrote:I didn’t realize I was a “super owner.” Cool.
Dave's got more guns than that that he can't find

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:08 pm

WLJ wrote:
Frailer wrote:I didn’t realize I was a “super owner.” Cool.
Dave's got more guns than that that he can't find

my guns were lost in a tragic boating accident on the ukraine lake....er...sewage lagoon

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:17 am

IMG_4034.JPG

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member