Self defense with suppressed weapon

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Tomahawk
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Self defense with suppressed weapon

Post by Tomahawk » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:15 am

We all know the reasoning behind a suppressor for home self defense, it's not to "assassinate" an intruder in our home but to preserve our hearing.

Has anyone seen cases where someone has used a suppressed weapon for self defense and gotten charged because of it? I'm going to get an AR9/MPX/Kriss vector when I find a place that has them for a good price, I will also be SBR and Suppressing it. Wondering if it is a bad idea to use for home defense?

I feel like the answer is yes since I will be living in the Northwest which is normally full of liberals. Seeing a suppressed weapon probably won't work in my favor.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: Self defense with suppressed weapon

Post by Dustin » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:43 am

In the northwest or worse the northeast. Yes you would be charged. In KY I dont know. Just some food for thought. It was brought up in the Zimmerman trail that he had an aftermarket grip sleeve on his gun to make it more deadly. IMO your best bet to avoid a trial is use factory gun and ammo. That's why the j frame or GP100 at my home defense goto.
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”