Active shooter(s) in San Bernardino

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Tomahawk
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Active shooter(s) in San Bernardino

Post by Tomahawk » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:44 pm

I found some tavors on a website. I think this is just people panicking with no real basis..
But im half tempted to buy this tavor. Ahould I? I think this white house thing is overblwon. If anything itll just be exec order with expanded background check, not AWB.

I want to buy ammo right now. Not a 1600 tavor

Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:48 pm

Dave1965 wrote:
Bama wrote:
Dave1965 wrote: Wife said they said that the FBI stated that these people had to have help affording all the stuff they had, it was worth 30K. I said yeah they probably think a thousand rounds of ammo costs $5000 by FBI standards

Article said they guy made 70K a year. 3,000 rounds of ammo could be very affordable at that salary.

What I could buy with 70k a year....

Cost of living there compared to Corbin KY is about 20% different (thought you lived in corbin)

http://www.areavibes.com/cost-of-living ... orbin,+ky/

apt rent in corbin is 742 and out there is 1988

home insurance is 850 in corbin and 2700 in SB, CA

making 55k in corbin is equal to 70k out there.
That calculator is depressing. I want to move back to pnw and id need an increase anywhere from 30 to 50% to maintain my standard of living. WTF.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dave1965 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:13 am

Tomahawk wrote:I found some tavors on a website. I think this is just people panicking with no real basis..
But im half tempted to buy this tavor. Ahould I? I think this white house thing is overblwon. If anything itll just be exec order with expanded background check, not AWB.

I have a Tavor, its meh

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dave1965 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:14 am

Seems like these people did get monetary help by the bank deposit records.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:52 am

Tomahawk wrote:I found some tavors on a website. I think this is just people panicking with no real basis..

In the last big ban bill they tried to pass after Sandy Hook the selling of Tavors were to be banned by name, not features like on ARs. Something to think about.
Dave1965 wrote: I have a Tavor, its meh
All guns are meh when you can't find the ones in your own house..
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:42 am

Atlantic firearms have them in right now.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

gaston_kalash

Post by gaston_kalash » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:47 pm

http://youtu.be/oePCncK77i0
This is why we when against the left.
SI JE PUIS

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:01 pm

Dave1965 wrote:

I have a Tavor, its meh
That was my take.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:59 am

Apple CEO vows to resist court order to hack iPhone of San Bernardino terrorist
http://www.wdrb.com/story/31240185/appl ... -terrorist

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Wild situation.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:57 pm

WLJ wrote:Apple CEO vows to resist court order to hack iPhone of San Bernardino terrorist
Good on Apple.

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rem700 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:09 pm

Frailer wrote:
WLJ wrote:Apple CEO vows to resist court order to hack iPhone of San Bernardino terrorist
Good on Apple.
Yes and no. Private citizen not yet convicted of a crime...yes, known murderer/terrorist whom has killed US citizens....hell no

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:14 pm

Rem700 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
Good on Apple.
Yes and no. Private citizen not yet convicted of a crime...yes, known murderer/terrorist whom has killed US citizens....hell no
The ruling by Pym, a former federal prosecutor, requires Apple to supply software the FBI can load onto Farook's county-owned work iPhone to bypass a self-destruct feature that erases the phone's data after too many unsuccessful attempts to unlock it. The FBI wants to be able to try different combinations in rapid sequence until it finds the right one.

You give something like that to the FBI and think they'll only use it on this one phone?

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:22 pm

ssracer wrote:
Rem700 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
Good on Apple.
The ruling by Pym, a former federal prosecutor, requires Apple to supply software the FBI can load onto Farook's county-owned work iPhone to bypass a self-destruct feature that erases the phone's data after too many unsuccessful attempts to unlock it. The FBI wants to be able to try different combinations in rapid sequence until it finds the right one.

You give something like that to the FBI and think they'll only use it on this one phone?
But all they want to do is stop terrorists! It could save lives! Think of the children!

I *HATE* the "t-word."

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rem700 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:37 pm

ssracer wrote:
Rem700 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
Good on Apple.

Very good point. I did not know it was anything like that. I figured Apple...being the one who designed the software, had a back door into the locked phone and is refusing to use it for privacy issues.

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by richief » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:48 pm

The recordings from NSA is good enough for them.
Good for Apple to say screw them.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:08 pm

Rem700 wrote:
ssracer wrote:
Rem700 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
Good on Apple.

Very good point. I did not know it was anything like that. I figured Apple...being the one who designed the software, had a back door into the locked phone and is refusing to use it for privacy issues.
I find it hard to believe Apple didn't leave themselves a backdoor. I also wonder if the Chinese slipped one in considering the fact it was probably made in a Chinese factory.

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by richief » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:14 pm

Pretty sure apple could just take the thing apart and access the memory, the alphabet agencies would prob like a master key though, that's what I think they are fishing for.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 61 times

Post by ssracer » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:16 pm

WLJ wrote:
Rem700 wrote:
ssracer wrote:
Rem700 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
Good on Apple.

I find it hard to believe Apple didn't leave themselves a backdoor. I also wonder if the Chinese slipped one in considering the fact it was probably made in a Chinese factory.
leaving yourself a back boor is just leaving every hacker a back door

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:18 pm

Probably about any teenager could hack it! :-)

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:20 pm

richief wrote:Pretty sure apple could just take the thing apart and access the memory, the alphabet agencies would prob like a master key though, that's what I think they are fishing for.
Even if you hardware access the memory directly without the proper encryption key the data you will be extracting is meaningless. Modern encryption is pretty darn difficult to crack even with the newest computers. A brute force crack could takes decades or more.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:25 pm

ssracer wrote:
WLJ wrote:
Rem700 wrote:
ssracer wrote:
Rem700 wrote:
Frailer wrote:
Good on Apple.

leaving yourself a back boor is just leaving every hacker a back door
Sometimes yes, sometime no. There are sneaky ways of doing it.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:26 pm

Heating up

DOJ files motion to compel Apple to comply in San Bernardino investigation
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/19/do ... tcmp=hpbt1

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Toddstang » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:46 pm

WLJ wrote:Heating up

DOJ files motion to compel Apple to comply in San Bernardino investigation
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/19/do ... tcmp=hpbt1
You cant beat the Feds.

Im sure Hussein Obama will create an EO that overrides any company secrets.

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:31 pm

Apple is one company that may be able to win. They have the $$$$ to spend. And simply say fuck you.
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”