Ky State Trooper killed, suspect on the loose.

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Ky State Trooper killed, suspect on the loose.

Post by Mike » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:23 pm

This is the audio transmissions. Well worth listening to until the very end. This "rookie" handled himself MUCH better than most veteran officers! I have to commend him for how well he spoke and controlled his emotions....all the way to his very last words.

It's sad to listen to though.......

And for the civilian that stopped and radioed in the location on the fatally wounded officer's radio.....well I want to find out who he is so I can personally thank him and buy him a beer. He deserves the recognition for being a stand up guy putting his own life in danger to try to help the trooper.

R.I.P. brother!
:llama:

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:25 pm

I can't listen to it. Thanks for posting though for those who can.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:36 pm

Deleted
Just realized it was in the wrong place
Last edited by WLJ on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 337 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:21 pm

Definitely a sad transmission... R.I.P. Many thanks Mike...CYA!

baknblack
Been liked: 0

Post by baknblack » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:42 pm

This happens way too often and even once is too often. The world is a more crazy place. Procedures need to change. I'm sure 2 people per car doing traffic stops would be an advantage. Maybe not the most cost effective but, I'm sure every department could cut some administration in favor of more people that do the dirty work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:58 pm

baknblack wrote:This happens way too often and even once is too often. The world is a more crazy place. Procedures need to change. I'm sure 2 people per car doing traffic stops would be an advantage. Maybe not the most cost effective but, I'm sure every department could cut some administration in favor of more people that do the dirty work.

As much as I agree that 2 per car is safer, it's by no means cost effective. Troopers work hundreds of miles by themselves and to put them 2 per car you basically have to DOUBLE the payroll to get the exact same job done. I love the idea of it, but the money isn't there. The majority of what cops do is answering calls for service. I.E. going to someone's house to talk to a parent that can't get their 8 year old to get on the bus, or trying to calm down neighbors mad over the other neighbor blowing leaves into their yard, or someone wanting you to magically make a dog stop barking, etc etc.....
:llama:

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by rustynuts » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:59 am

Mike wrote:
baknblack wrote:This happens way too often and even once is too often. The world is a more crazy place. Procedures need to change. I'm sure 2 people per car doing traffic stops would be an advantage. Maybe not the most cost effective but, I'm sure every department could cut some administration in favor of more people that do the dirty work.

As much as I agree that 2 per car is safer, it's by no means cost effective. Troopers work hundreds of miles by themselves and to put them 2 per car you basically have to DOUBLE the payroll to get the exact same job done. I love the idea of it, but the money isn't there. The majority of what cops do is answering calls for service. I.E. going to someone's house to talk to a parent that can't get their 8 year old to get on the bus, or trying to calm down neighbors mad over the other neighbor blowing leaves into their yard, or someone wanting you to magically make a dog stop barking, etc etc.....
A lot of thankless, mundane bullshit, huh?

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:26 am

This Trooper and Trooper Chrisman from our town who was killed earlier this year in an accident were from the same State Police graduating class and in the same post (Mayfield) I am told. Sad also for that one post and class to lose two.

samb.

Post by samb. » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:59 am

Wonder how expensive it would be to outfit the next cruisers with bulletproof glass. Even if stuff only rated for handguns is better than nothing.

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChickenLady » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:26 am

jackalo626 wrote:I can't listen to it. Thanks for posting though for those who can.
Same.

Chicken snuggles
Livewire wrote:CL, the most sought after chicken farming insurance agent in kentucky
Livewire wrote:You're cooking has bought you a team of body guards wiling to follow you around at school

ChickenLady
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ChickenLady » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:35 am

NM I did listen. This is horrible. Listening to this makes it more than just a news story.
Livewire wrote:CL, the most sought after chicken farming insurance agent in kentucky
Livewire wrote:You're cooking has bought you a team of body guards wiling to follow you around at school

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:40 am

Cameron was a good guy and will be missed. We graduated the same year and I remember seeing him around town and at parties and such. It's a same. I'm not sure how I feel about the audio recording. It's pretty deep. RIP

kyswede
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by kyswede » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:46 pm

I listened to it. I am still crying.
Cutting grass is the price I gladly pay for not being cold.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”