Omega Seamaster

Think of the cool gadgets we all love, this would be the place to post about them.
philomega15
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Omega Seamaster

Post by philomega15 » Mon May 26, 2014 8:49 am

Anyone out there own one. If so, I would like to hear honest reviews.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: Omega Seamaster

Post by WLJ » Mon May 26, 2014 9:12 am

A $4,000+ watch????
My $30 Timex keeps time just fine.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Post by Toecutter1978 » Mon May 26, 2014 9:45 am

My Casio Exploration has a compass and tells you the temp.

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 167 times

Post by nemo » Mon May 26, 2014 10:52 am

WLJ wrote:A $4,000+ watch????
^^^ THIS ^^^^

I go though watches like crazy. If I get a year/year and a half out of a watch I consider myself lucky.
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Mon May 26, 2014 11:38 am

People like different things and they are worth what they are worth. I could ask you why you have several $2000+ bullpups when Marlin 60's shoot just fine? I know the answer but it's the same principle.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon May 26, 2014 11:54 am

jackalo626 wrote:
People like different things and they are worth what they are worth. I could ask you why you have several $2000+ bullpups when Marlin 60's shoot just fine? I know the answer but it's the same principle.
And people are free to expressed opinions on that and they have, more than once and it hasn't run me off has it?
Besides AR > watches :mrgreen:

BTW: I've never spend more than $2,000 for a gun, came close once but never over $2,000. ;)
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Mon May 26, 2014 12:07 pm

WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
And people are free to expressed opinions on that and they have, more than once and it hasn't run me off has it?

BTW: I've never spend more than $2,000 for a gun, came close once but never over $2,000. ;)
not saying your opinion is wrong or not warranted. Just adding another perspective. A $2000 gun sounds ludicrous to a guy that buys a hi-point because they are both called guns and shoot bullets. If I made a lot more money I'd rock expensive watches for sure. Until then ill rock Jordan's and Citizen Eco-drives.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon May 26, 2014 12:21 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

not saying your opinion is wrong or not warranted. Just adding another perspective. A $2000 gun sounds ludicrous to a guy that buys a hi-point because they are both called guns and shoot bullets. If I made a lot more money I'd rock expensive watches for sure. Until then ill rock Jordan's and Citizen Eco-drives.
And you're right, some of my purchases may seem that way to many.

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Mon May 26, 2014 12:47 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

I have a citizen Eco-drive watch and it is fantastic. My only complaint is the weight. It's a tad heavy. I also have a seiko that I wear daily as well as a Rolex submariner that was given to me as a wedding gift from my father. I hardly wear it though.

philomega15

Post by philomega15 » Mon May 26, 2014 2:05 pm

I think a nice used Seamaster will set you back the same amount as a mid to high range AR and it would be a daily wear piece. Just wondering if anyone on the forum had one and their thoughts

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Omega Seamaster

Post by jackalo626 » Mon May 26, 2014 2:58 pm

1fastmach1 wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

I have a citizen Eco-drive watch and it is fantastic. My only complaint is the weight. It's a tad heavy. I also have a seiko that I wear daily as well as a Rolex submariner that was given to me as a wedding gift from my father. I hardly wear it though.
Yeah I am not swiping a cheap shot at citizen as I like it but if I had celebrity money then I know I would have a bigger collection (I do collect watches also) of more expensive watches such as Rolex, Omega, Tissot, Tag's etc.

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Mon May 26, 2014 3:13 pm

After 5 years, the Citizen will be worth $0. After 5 years, the Seamaster will be worth what he gave for it....or more.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Mon May 26, 2014 3:15 pm

dbh wrote:After 5 years, the Citizen will be worth $0. After 5 years, the Seamaster will be worth what he gave for it....or more.
$0? Nah.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon May 26, 2014 3:19 pm

dbh wrote:After 5 years, the Citizen will be worth $0. After 5 years, the Seamaster will be worth what he gave for it....or more.
Same can be said for a lot of guns.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by KYgundude » Mon May 26, 2014 3:21 pm

A 2000 dollar gun makes sense but a 2000 dollar watch? When you come home from work and find your wife in bed with another man what are you gonna do? Point to your wrist and say, "you're time is up"? :llama:

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Toddstang » Mon May 26, 2014 3:49 pm

Same can be said about vehicles. Why have a high $ car when a used Focus can get you around?

1fastmach1

Post by 1fastmach1 » Mon May 26, 2014 4:50 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
1fastmach1 wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:
WLJ wrote:
jackalo626 wrote:

Yeah I am not swiping a cheap shot at citizen as I like it but if I had celebrity money then I know I would have a bigger collection (I do collect watches also) of more expensive watches such as Rolex, Omega, Tissot, Tag's etc.
I know what you mean. I have several other watches I wasn't going to mention. I'm a huge watch fanatic. If I was rich, I'd go crazy on a watch collection. There is just something about a nice time piece. I'd love to have a factory original patek with a leather band. Something like this.... I just don't think 100k is in my budget for a watch. A guy can dream though right?
Attachments
5140G_001.png
5140G_001.png (135.25 KiB) Viewed 804 times

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Mon May 26, 2014 5:11 pm

KYgundude wrote:A 2000 dollar gun makes sense but a 2000 dollar watch? When you come home from work and find your wife in bed with another man what are you gonna do? Point to your wrist and say, "you're time is up"? :llama:
guys that have $2000 watches have no trouble finding women so your argument is invalid. :llama:

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Mon May 26, 2014 6:02 pm

Had a Rolex, bought on a long lay over in Italy. It was cool, but all it did was tell time. Now a watch that can do multiple things, to me that triumphs an expensive time piece. My Expo I wear can take a serious beating and still function. If I have to be careful about my clumsiness and I broke the Rolex, it doesn't seem like a good investment. Then again, I shop at Walmart for clothes.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Mon May 26, 2014 7:19 pm

My standby watch is an Eco-Drive Image
My weekend watch is my Tag Image

To me watches are like guns as well. Sure you can have a $650 Windham AR and it will do the same thing as a $2K Noveske, but its a personal preference and an investment as well. My Tag has since gone up in value because its a juan manuel fangio series, only a couple hundred were made.
My watch collection trumps about everything else I own. My Dad brought back some nice watches during WWII from Austria. That is what got me into the watch craze.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Mon May 26, 2014 7:25 pm

Toecutter1978 wrote:Had a Rolex, bought on a long lay over in Italy. It was cool, but all it did was tell time. Now a watch that can do multiple things, to me that triumphs an expensive time piece. My Expo I wear can take a serious beating and still function. If I have to be careful about my clumsiness and I broke the Rolex, it doesn't seem like a good investment. Then again, I shop at Walmart for clothes.
Its hard to break a good watch. The crystal on all good watches will not scratch.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon May 26, 2014 7:31 pm

Toddstang wrote:
Toecutter1978 wrote:Had a Rolex, bought on a long lay over in Italy. It was cool, but all it did was tell time. Now a watch that can do multiple things, to me that triumphs an expensive time piece. My Expo I wear can take a serious beating and still function. If I have to be careful about my clumsiness and I broke the Rolex, it doesn't seem like a good investment. Then again, I shop at Walmart for clothes.
Its hard to break a good watch. The crystal on all good watches will not scratch.
Let me have it for a week, I always find a way. And not on purpose!

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 338 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Mon May 26, 2014 7:35 pm

I use the clock on my phone...

Geno
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Geno » Mon May 26, 2014 7:53 pm

I have had mine since the 1990`s. Serviced twice in that time. It keeps better time than Rolex Submariner. I wear it always to keep the automatic wind system working. I paid $1350.00 for it new. Recently offered more than twice that. This is to be my son`s in a few years so, not for sale.
Attachments
20140526_195426.jpg
I know not what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Neither Welfare nor political office were intended to be a career path!

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toecutter1978 » Mon May 26, 2014 8:25 pm

Toddstang wrote:
I broke the crystal on mine, one drunken night of soldiers being soldiers and that's all she wrote. Nothing is bombproof, but after that I started to lean towards more durable time pieces. Heck a Timex Ironman I have has been through more crap and survived numerous deployments, now sits on the youngest boys wrist.

Return to “Other guy stuff”