Omega Seamaster

Think of the cool gadgets we all love, this would be the place to post about them.
jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Omega Seamaster

Post by jackalo626 » Mon May 26, 2014 8:27 pm

Cool watches around here. A few more people I know here collect too but are maybe reserving showing some of them.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Mon May 26, 2014 8:28 pm

I have a more modest collection though I would like to have more expensive models, I always go for the buy it know and get more of them aspect to get my buying high more often with less guilt.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Frailer » Mon May 26, 2014 8:34 pm

Back in the day when such things were available in PXs, I came very close to purchasing a Rolex on multiple occasions. They're beautiful, wonderfully engineered things.

But I came to the conclusion that--for *me*--the only reason for a watch is to inform me of the time, accurately. For all their beauty, no automatic watch can keep up with even an inexpensive quartz watch in the accuracy department.

As a result, I have a Seiko for those occasions when I want to dress up a little and a cheap-ass Casio for everyday wear.

No offense intended to those who own nice watches; they're simply not for me.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Toddstang » Mon May 26, 2014 8:37 pm

WLJ wrote:
Toddstang wrote:
Toecutter1978 wrote:Had a Rolex, bought on a long lay over in Italy. It was cool, but all it did was tell time. Now a watch that can do multiple things, to me that triumphs an expensive time piece. My Expo I wear can take a serious beating and still function. If I have to be careful about my clumsiness and I broke the Rolex, it doesn't seem like a good investment. Then again, I shop at Walmart for clothes.
Its hard to break a good watch. The crystal on all good watches will not scratch.
Let me have it for a week, I always find a way. And not on purpose!
Surgical Stainless Steel is really hard to crack.

nemo
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 167 times

Omega Seamaster

Post by nemo » Mon May 26, 2014 10:17 pm

WLJ wrote:
Toddstang wrote:
Toecutter1978 wrote:Had a Rolex, bought on a long lay over in Italy. It was cool, but all it did was tell time. Now a watch that can do multiple things, to me that triumphs an expensive time piece. My Expo I wear can take a serious beating and still function. If I have to be careful about my clumsiness and I broke the Rolex, it doesn't seem like a good investment. Then again, I shop at Walmart for clothes.
Its hard to break a good watch. The crystal on all good watches will not scratch.
Same here, reaching in and out of equipment cases and working around machinery kills watches. My record is 5 cracked mineral crystals in a year before sector told me no more warranty. Also cracked the case/band tab of a g-shock.
Oh, how so high they fly........ only further to fall.

-Life

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue May 27, 2014 12:04 am

nemo wrote:
WLJ wrote:
Toddstang wrote:
Same here, reaching in and out of equipment cases and working around machinery kills watches. My record is 5 cracked mineral crystals in a year before sector told me no more warranty. Also cracked the case/band tab of a g-shock.
sounds like you don't need to wear watches.

philomega15

Post by philomega15 » Tue May 27, 2014 6:22 am

Beautiful watches Geno and Toddstang. I don't ever intend on purchasing one as an investment, more for just daily wear. My grandfather had an old Seamaster with a gold face and I've always liked the late 90s-2000s Seamasters with the wavy background on the dial

Dashammer

Post by Dashammer » Tue May 27, 2014 3:27 pm

A Casio WP here. Does time, date, stop watch (lap time and so forth) dual time, alarm, water proof, does math and so on and so forth. But trust me if I was single and hunting puney I would have me one of them big money time pieces for sure. Those expensive watches are just cool.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Tue May 27, 2014 5:44 pm

I usually switch between three main watches. Gshock solar, casio diver 200m, and the Eco drive.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 148 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Toddstang » Tue May 27, 2014 6:22 pm

Gshock solar at work.

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Tue May 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Usually wear a casio... Want to pick up a gshock for when I am working outdoors.. Lately I have been wearing an Ed Hardy by Christian Audiger......
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

irishrob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by irishrob » Tue May 27, 2014 8:31 pm

My dad got an Omega for 25 years with his company back around 1975 I think. He's 88 now & it's still going strong

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by rustynuts » Wed May 28, 2014 10:20 am

jackalo626 wrote:
nemo wrote:
WLJ wrote:
Toddstang wrote:
sounds like you don't need to wear watches.
I'm another one that really shouldn't wear watches, I've broken more than my fair share at work. Shame too, some of them are near works of art.

philomega15

Post by philomega15 » Wed May 28, 2014 4:19 pm

Agreed Rusty, the craftsmanship is incredible. People a lot smarter than I am designed the automatic watch.

Return to “Other guy stuff”