Trijicon VCOG

Red dots, fixed power, variable, whatever optics you use,post up here.
scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Trijicon VCOG

Post by scorpionmain » Sun May 05, 2013 7:08 pm

Trijicon has released a new optic.
It is the VCOG, which is a 1x6 FFP using a single AA battery for a 700hr run time.

Read more about it here:
http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscou ... icon-vcog/
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: Trijicon VCOG

Post by WLJ » Sun May 05, 2013 7:09 pm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Sun May 05, 2013 7:10 pm

Supposed to be at around $2200
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Sun May 05, 2013 7:12 pm

In the words of Tony Stark: "I want one"
–Samuel Adams

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sun May 05, 2013 8:28 pm

using a single AA battery for a 700hr run time
For $2,200 I would expect more battery life, a lot more, like Aim Point level more
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Sun May 05, 2013 9:31 pm

Trijicon is so behind the times, about the only thing they have going for them is that they use decent glass. I have not handled this thing first hand so I will hold back on passing judgment but, its a 1-6 scope with a built in mount......wow....... :roll: Tha means that the mount options are limited, thats just what I desire in my scopes! I bet you money that the Vortex razor 1-6 HD will smoke this thing at half the price. I will admit its a step up from the ACOG, but the ACOG has been outdated for 10 years. They are going to have to do more then slap there name on something to get my money.

DDgunslinger

Post by DDgunslinger » Mon May 06, 2013 6:46 am

Um... This is basically a more magnified version of the Leupold CQT, only it cost twice as much. So I think I'll pass on this one

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Mon May 06, 2013 11:10 am

DDgunslinger wrote:Um... This is basically a more magnified version of the Leupold CQT, only it cost twice as much. So I think I'll pass on this one

got to agree with you and SoL on this one.

Running the CQ/T on my 6.8mm SPC 20" and have the Vortex Razor HD Gen II on my SCAR 17S, finally. For the money, that Leupold does not seem to offer any stellar features (and some cons, as SOL pointed out) for that price.

My two favorites from the list of features:

-First focal plane reticle; reticle subtensions and drops remain true at any magnification.
-4 in. constant eye relief through all magnifications.

But still not enough to get me to drop that kind of cash on it over other options out there.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Mon May 06, 2013 11:36 am

Just more fuckin' money I don't have.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Return to “Optics”