AR Optics

Red dots, fixed power, variable, whatever optics you use,post up here.
ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: AR Optics

Post by ChopperDoc » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:39 am

Rem700 wrote:One of my possibilities is the vortex strikefire. Any feedback?

While it was a good sight, I ran one on an AR through the TAC Rifle II with RWI. My chest rig gear kept hitting the NV mode button (buttons are on the side) when I would drop the rifle and go to pistol, so when trying to go back to rifle after reloading I was looking at blank glass when I really needed the red dot. If I was left handed or slung the rifle so it rested on my gear with the magwell to my left, this would not have been an issue.

Other than that the optic was easy to zero, held up well under recoil. Absolutely should put some loctite on the ring mounting screws though.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Frailer » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:23 am

I have PA micros on my "fun" rifles, but my ARs have either irons or Aimpoints.

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by richief » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:05 pm

ken6881 wrote:I am cheap I run a 29.99 bsa 5moa red dot. I am looking at upgrading to a 1-4x optic on mine but cant decide what I want yet.
I can recomend the bush elite 4200 1.25-4 excellent glass, german #4 rect with a fine red dot / about 1/3 moa.
I swap it back and forth from my savage 220f deer rig to an AR. works both eyes open close range, and magnification and the small dot really help in low light and sniping, very versatile scope, I see them every once and a while for about 320 on Amazon, I will get another I like em that much.

Ar-Rob
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 0

Post by Ar-Rob » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:46 pm

scorpionmain wrote:I've heard "Rob is a dick"
Rem700 wrote:Rob is a dick
Marcus wrote:Rob can be such a dick

Return to “Optics”