Ruger SR22?

P22s, mk I, II, III, gsg 1911s, any rim fire pistol.
Dead-OnSniperService
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Ruger SR22?

Post by Dead-OnSniperService » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:27 am

I dont personally own one but a good friend and range buddy has put over 5k rounds thru his of different kinds of cheap bulk with no.problems. Ive shot id say around 200 rounds thru it myself. It did experiance a "break in" period the first 100 rounds or so but thats to be expected IMO. I wilk own one myself in the near future.

Sent from a methlab using Obamaphone
WLJ wrote:Keep logic out of this
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Livewire wrote:Pretty sure it's because you're not hitting her enough.

renovatio
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by renovatio » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Hey Coach- I'm back from another long break so I don't know if you're still looking at these, but I'm still shooting mine and have yet to have a single misfire. I'm nowhere near 5k rounds but I've put at least 1k through it. I would be interested to see it side by side with the redesigned P22, but it definitely beats the original P22. For the price I can't recommend this one highly enough.
We have learned better than that, and know it more, for it is waking that understands sleep and not sleep that understands waking. -C.S. Lewis

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:50 pm

See, I told you it was a keeper.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by richief » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:25 pm

I don't own one but by all accounts pretty good pistol, I'm looking seriously at the M&P 22 for the boys, I have a markII but with the bull barrel and big Volquartsen target grips, it's not for the kids.
M&P 22 is around 300 bucks, 12rnd mag.

Looksdeadtome

Post by Looksdeadtome » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:40 pm

Thinking of getting one of these for the wife instead of a walther. Wondering what people are thinking of them.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:30 am

Mine runs like a Swiss watch with just about anything I've fed it (except Colibri rounds, they won't cycle any semi-auto). After installing the Twin Tech threaded barrel, it still continues to run great and has made an outstanding suppressor host.

Accuracy out of such a small pistol is amazing, and maintenance is a breeze.

Between the SR22 and the M&P .22, it's a close thing as to which has been better, but the M&P does have the advantage of being already threaded from the factory, if that is a consideration. Of all the new model .22 handguns brought out in the last couple of years, those two are by far the hands down winners, even better than the GSG/Sig 1911-22's, since there is no cast zinc parts in either of them. IMHO, the P22's and Mosquitos seriously pale by comparison, even if they run well out of the box.

Most of you know of my experience with the Mosquito I won in the raffle a couple of years ago, and all the work it took to get it to function worth a damn.

I'm a huge rimfire fan and have tried nearly all of the recent crop, save for the P22, which I shied away from after the Mosquito debacle.

As a plinker, a teaching tool, or even a close range hunting piece, the SR22 & the M&P.22 are certainly at the top of thier class. Will they ever match the Ruger MK II's, MK III's, S&W 41's, or Browning Buckmarks as the the best target .22's? I sincerely doubt it, but as they establish themselves in their own niche, they will be a tough act to follow.

My .02 worth, for what it's worth.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Ruger SR22?

Post by jackalo626 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:50 am

Wyldman wrote:Mine runs like a Swiss watch with just about anything I've fed it (except Colibri rounds, they won't cycle any semi-auto). After installing the Twin Tech threaded barrel, it still continues to run great and has made an outstanding suppressor host.

Accuracy out of such a small pistol is amazing, and maintenance is a breeze.

Between the SR22 and the M&P .22, it's a close thing as to which has been better, but the M&P does have the advantage of being already threaded from the factory, if that is a consideration. Of all the new model .22 handguns brought out in the last couple of years, those two are by far the hands down winners, even better than the GSG/Sig 1911-22's, since there is no cast zinc parts in either of them. IMHO, the P22's and Mosquitos seriously pale by comparison, even if they run well out of the box.

Most of you know of my experience with the Mosquito I won in the raffle a couple of years ago, and all the work it took to get it to function worth a damn.

I'm a huge rimfire fan and have tried nearly all of the recent crop, save for the P22, which I shied away from after the Mosquito debacle.

As a plinker, a teaching tool, or even a close range hunting piece, the SR22 & the M&P.22 are certainly at the top of thier class. Will they ever match the Ruger MK II's, MK III's, S&W 41's, or Browning Buckmarks as the the best target .22's? I sincerely doubt it, but as they establish themselves in their own niche, they will be a tough act to follow.

My .02 worth, for what it's worth.
I really like the last statement about mark iii's. They do seem to still reign supreme and the newer .22 pistols fill the niche void of training with .22 ammo on a similar functioning pistol as their CCDW pistols. I say get them all!

Looksdeadtome

Post by Looksdeadtome » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:49 pm

After reading numerous reviews on the walther vs sr i guess it will be the sr for her. Gonna head to Sherwoods and put it on lay away this week.

Return to “Rimfire Handguns”