Kahr Pistols

Sig Sauer, Taurus, Hi Point, Bersa, anything but Glock and Xd.
Next
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Kahr Pistols

Post by Next » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:32 am

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com ... Zw_1o2bxlF

Anyone ever shot a Kahr .45? $329 seems like a heck of a deal.

Checking out the Keene summer sale flyer and one caught my eye.

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Kahr Pistols

Post by Ian » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:48 am

I guy I work with had a kahr years ago, he says he loved it and wants another. I have have never shot one myself.
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

Mudcat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Kahr Pistols

Post by Mudcat » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:38 pm

I picked a CM9 6 weeks ago for concealed carry as my work situation and carry changed. I was told the Kahr would need a couple hundred rounds to break in. I will agree it was freaking tight but just 1 failure to go into battery on the second magazine. A quick tap rack fight and it chugged right along. I've got right at 600 rounds through it right now and love the gin for daily carry. Some including me may think that 7 rounds of 9mm are not quite enough for comfortable feeling carry. But an extra magazine is always carried as well. I guess it is one of the compromises of a smaller more concealed carry piece. I carry appendix IWB in. PJ holster and forget it is there. The draw is very fast from this position for me. It conceals very well as guys I work with have not figured it out.
The CM 9 has a very long but smooth DA trigger that takes some getting used to. I have shot the short reset Glocks for a long time and will admit to not really liking it at first but the long travel is very smooth after some rounds. I have not mastered it by any means but am very comfortable shooting it and run through IDPA stages well with it. So you can teach an old dog new tricks. The CM9 has found a place in my carry and until I can go back to carrying my G19 it will be on me every day. The days I do not work I do carry my G19 though just a comfort factor with the extra rounds.
I cannot say anything bad about my little Kahr, I like it a lot.

Sent from my evil black iPhone using Tapatalk

Next
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Next » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:45 am

I wonder how much recoil the small .45 has?

SNL
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by SNL » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:55 am

I had a pm9 and have handled the cw guns but not shot one...thats a Really good gun for the $$. Youll get used to the recoil, i wouldnt worry about that. I will say i sold mine off to edc a g26 tho...i shoot the glock faster and better and a glock was $100 less than the model i had

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:12 pm

As I recall the biggest difference between the CM and the PM models is the barrel. The PM has the polygonal barrel, and the CM a regular rifled barrel. From what I understand the regular rifling is easier, which translates into cheaper, to manufacture. The CM models have gotten good reviews for the money. Kahrs ARE tight to start. Don't judge it out of the box. Get several hundred down the tube and see how it is then.

I have a PM9 and I like it. Haven't shot a CM model, but I can't imagine it would be that much different.
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Kahr Pistols

Post by Dave1965 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Keenes standard practice is to advertise stuff they don't have or may have had one of.

Mudcat
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mudcat » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:58 pm

That is what I paid for my CM9 though $329 and it was not on sale. Though the ad is misprinted with 2 CW9 the 6+1 is the CM.

Bigcat

Post by Bigcat » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:43 pm

I have the CM9 and the CW45...Both have been great....flawless with all kinds of ammo, accurate and easy to carry....recoil is very managable on the 45....6+1 with the flush mag...7+1 with extended mag which i converted into a 8 rounder by transplanting the follower and nesting spring from an ACT 1911 mag. that gives me 7,8 or 9 round carry options...
Quality is very good, all stainless parts with polymer frame is the best for concealed ,high humidity, carry environs .

Geno
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Geno » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:51 pm

I have aCw40. No frills but will shoot accurately pmc 40's. I had to "feather" the lower ramp of the chamber to use hollowpoints bullets. Very nice trigger and accurate to shoot. Third one I have had. I may keep this one! I have liked al of them but I bought some mags, I guess I am serious about this one.
I know not what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Neither Welfare nor political office were intended to be a career path!

fast20

Post by fast20 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:08 pm

at buds... a kahr cm9 is 389.. i would say that is a pretty good price if it is new... 355 for the 45 CW4543

Eireguy
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Eireguy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:05 am

Return to “Semi-auto Handguns”