NOTICE TO ALL GUN OWNERS!!!!

KAC announcements and new member intro threads!
NickPT709
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

NOTICE TO ALL GUN OWNERS!!!!

Post by NickPT709 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:00 pm

First I want to say that I recently recieved this in the email, and it may be completely fake, but it can't hurt to be informed of the possibility. Also I wasn't exactly sure the proper section to post this in so feel free to move it if need be.

Tagging a Gun Owner's Vehicle

If you own a gun and therefore go to gun ranges or gun shops, you might want to read the attached and keep this in mind…..and share the word with your friends/family.

TAGGING GUN OWNERS VEHICLES PSA WARNING
Gun lovers public service announcement: While I was in a Texas gun store today, my car was tagged on the wheel in the parking lot with a dot of paint. The gangs do this on wheels or bumpers at gun stores, shooting ranges, gun shows etc. Later when you are parked at a restaurant, hotel, or other location that’s less well guarded or under video surveillance, other gang members spot the marker and break into the car for a quick gun grab. This is so RAMPANT in San Antonio where we were for a National shoot this summer, the Sheriff of Bexar County came out to brief the 400 participants of our competition. Too bad three teams had already been victimized the first day. This is the first I’ve heard of this in Texas.

Please pass this info along to your 2nd amendment list. Daily check your car, truck or motor home for unusual painted dots, marks, check marks or other strange looking symbols that are not
normal to your type vehicle. It could prevent you from being a victim of robbery, or even save your life if you catch the thief in the act.

This next comment from a Gun Site instructor:

I don’t know how widespread this is becoming, but the info regarding the NSCA Nationals in San Antonio is correct, as all of us who compete in sporting clays know. Competitors there were
having their vehicles marked with a small adhesive dot on the rear license plate or rear bumper, then followed for miles and having their vehicles quickly and efficiently broken in to when parked for lunch etc.

Some crews were working the parking lot at the Nationals itself. 27 high end shotguns were taken there recently. They know when 1400 shooters with high $$ competition guns are in town.

BTW I shot with a young man who was trying out a new gun at the Nationals. He and his father lost all their guns and equipment while making a quick stop for lunch at a BBQ place in Corpus
Christi the month before

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 76 times

Re: NOTICE TO ALL GUN OWNERS!!!!

Post by KYgundude » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:13 pm

This one was debunked a while back but still appreciated that you're looking out for your fellow gun owners!! TG&G fell victim to it also( the hoax, that is ) and posted it on their Facebook page.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/intent/gunshop.asp

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:59 pm

Well, there has never been any FBI or ATF notices to any local law enforcement agencies so I will go out on a limb here to say it's false.

If it was a "trend" or a problem, there would be more out there on it than a facebook post and emails.

Just my 2 cents though.
:llama:

Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Kadnine » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:03 am

Good lookin' out, but snopes.com is yer go-to resource on these kinds of emails.

Generally the paint dab on the tire is put there by parking officials, looking to ticket you for overstaying your parking spot past the time limit. I know this is common in CO, NV, and CA. Really the only thing to watch out for is anyone who tells you about how to scam the parking regs by rolling forward a few inches or erasing the chalk/paint dab...

In Colorado that got me a ticket for overstay... PLUS a fine for trying to be clever! The car cops know ALL the tricks!

- Keith
~~~

"'...what it is to be a bondservant thou knowest full well, but of freedom thou hast never yet made trial, to know whether it be a sweet thing or not. For if ever thou hadst experience thereof, thou wouldest counsel us to fight for it not with spears only but with axes.' Thus the Spartans answered Hydarnes." - Herodotus

~~~

NickPT709

Post by NickPT709 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:58 pm

Like I said I thought it was fake but couldn't hurt to put the possibility out there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:38 pm

NickPT709 wrote:Like I said I thought it was fake but couldn't hurt to put the possibility out there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Don't worry about it. Better safe than sorry!!

Return to “Announcements/ Introductions”