Video: Bullpup Rifles: Part 1 - The Concept

FAL, SCAR, CETME, M1A, whatever... Post up.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:20 am

Bullpup Rifles: Part 1 - The Concept

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[youtube]cNKvlV1oxfw[/youtube]

My Note: He mentions the AUG NATO does not have a bolt release, the MSAR version does BTW
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:35 am

I have been subscribed to this guys channel for a while. Great videos and open minded reviews.

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Video: Bullpup Rifles: Part 1 - The Concept

Post by Ian » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Makes me want a Bullpup even more now, I want a SBR but the wait and tax stamp are killing me. Work is slow as fuck so I have to think about down the road and with a bullpup if I would come to the point of selling the gun I could, would do a hundred other things first but if it came down to it I could.
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:24 pm

Yeah it would be easier to sell for sure as a complete gun. So many people want to write off any gun that changing mags takes .2 seconds longer, it doesn't charge the bolt faster than lightning, or it weighs 7 ozs more than an m4. You are the weapon and it is the tool so with any practice you can be faster than the average guy with whatever you train on. Not all guns need to be shtf guns either. It is nice to have a different type of gun for various situation and since a lot of bullpups take AR mags and ammo the reason to have an assortment is even greater. Buy what you like and not what some couch commando told you he read was the end all be all and anything else must be garbage.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:27 pm

enjoy the hot brass burns from the AUG on your upholstery

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:29 pm

if when the shtf you think people are going to worry about having a pistol upper on a stocked lower without a tax stamp, you are probably going to wrong.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:34 pm

Dave1965 wrote:if when the shtf you think people are going to worry about having a pistol upper on a stocked lower without a tax stamp, you are probably going to wrong.
Haha didnt say that at all or think it. Shtf is a very very loose term that means many things. It could be the world is in complete chaos or you yourself is in a life or death situation. I am still saying the m4 with short upper doesn't make you an operator and a bullpup doesn't make you a bumbling idiot with no offense.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:37 pm

Ian wrote:Makes me want a Bullpup even more now, I want a SBR but the wait and tax stamp are killing me. Work is slow as fuck so I have to think about down the road and with a bullpup if I would come to the point of selling the gun I could, would do a hundred other things first but if it came down to it I could.
Compare a 7.5 inch barrel SBR AR and a 16 inch barrel Aug/MSAR, the total rifle length is just a touch longer on the bullpup.

Bullpup Pro
- No tax stamp BS
- Longer barrel length on the bullpup maintains the velocity that 5.56 needs to be at it's most effective.
- Less muzzle blast (longer barrel again)
- Still has better balance on the ver grip.

SBR AR Pro
- Stored the 7.5 SBR AR can be shorter due to the collapsible butt stock.
- Hey! It's an AR, parts are everywhere.
- Cost, bullpups have a much lower production volume which bumps the cost upward.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Dave1965 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:34 pm

jackalo626 wrote:
Dave1965 wrote:if when the shtf you think people are going to worry about having a pistol upper on a stocked lower without a tax stamp, you are probably going to wrong.
Haha didnt say that at all or think it. Shtf is a very very loose term that means many things. It could be the world is in complete chaos or you yourself is in a life or death situation. I am still saying the m4 with short upper doesn't make you an operator and a bullpup doesn't make you a bumbling idiot with no offense.

Yeah SHTF to me means collapse in macro sense, not so much a one on one thing.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:39 pm

I don't like the fact that you cant transition from right to left , there are a few who have solved this with the forward ejection port near the end of the barrel, but then you can finger bang the ejection port to clear a malfunction. Then comes the issue of shooting positions such as the Ninjafied Urban Prone or my preferred method, broke back mountain where the ejection port will be buried in the dirt with the ar15 the slight elevation on the barrel is enough to bring the ejection port high enough to spit out the empties. They just seem to be to limiting.

Not all firearms need to be SHTF weapons, its perfectly ok to like a gun for this or that , historic value, range use, whatever, its your money spend it how ya want.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:47 pm

son of liberty wrote:I don't like the fact that you cant transition from right to left .
For weakside shooting with the AUG/MSAR

MANTICORE ARMS BRASS BUSTER BRASS DEFLECTOR
http://www.ratworxusa.com/pagDetail.asp ... ass-Buster

Or for a more permanent change a left hand bolt can be installed. Not something to do on the fly in a pinch though.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by jackalo626 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:49 pm

^^the ejection port issue should be solved very easily by putting a brass deflector there like on an AR. That solves that but I see what you are saying about the laying on the ground issue but the gun should not be touching the ground ever on the ejection port since your hand is going around the grip keeping it up also correct? I very much like the last part of your post about not all guns needing to be shtf. That applies to cars etc such as driving a 4 cyl Eco car to and from work is ok and fits the bill better than a huge lifted 4 wheel drive bullet proof attack vehicle even though it would be a lot more fun to lol.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:54 pm

None of which has prevented the AUG was being used by

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_Aug
Argentina: Argentine Armed Forces, will replace the M16A2.[31]
Australia: Entered service in 1989 as the new issue weapon of the Australian Defence Force.[32] The first regular unit to be issued with the F88 was 6RAR, who received them in January 1989. Rifles are built locally by Thales Australia under license from Steyr Mannlicher.[33]
Austria: Standard service weapon of the Bundesheer, serving as the StG 77 in official army nomenclature.[3] Also used by EKO Cobra.[34]
Bolivia[27]
Brazil: In use by Agência Brasileira de Inteligência since November 2011.[35]
Bulgaria: SOBT (counter-terrorist unit) only.[36]
Cameroon[27]
Croatia: Special forces.[37]
Djibouti[38]
Ecuador[27]
Gambia[27]
Indonesia: Komando Pasukan Katak (Kopaska) tactical diver group and Komando Pasukan Khusus (Kopassus) special forces group.[39] Also used by Brigade Mobil special forces group of the Indonesian National Police, including Detasemen Khusus 88 counter-terrorist unit.[citation needed]
Ireland: Issued to regular and reserve soldiers of the Irish Army since 1988. The Irish Army Rangers use the Steyr AUG A3 and A2.[40][41][42]
Italy: Carabinieri special forces: Gruppo di Intervento Speciale and 1st "Tuscania" Regiment[43]
Luxembourg: Standard infantry rifle of the Luxembourg Army. The HBAR version is also employed as the section support weapon.[44] The Unité Spéciale de la Police intervention unit of the Grand Ducal Police employs the AUG A2 variant.[45]
Malaysia: Made under license from Steyr by SME Ordnance.[46] Local production of the AUG rifle series started in 1991[47] with a joint production with Steyr that started in 2004.[48][49] Lawsuits from Steyr emerged when Malaysia decided to withdraw from joint production.[50]
Morocco[27][38]
Netherlands[1]
New Zealand: In service since 1988. The first 5,000 weapons delivered were manufactured in Austria by Steyr Daimler Puch. The majority of weapons now in service are the Australian ADI-made Austeyr F88 variant. It is called the IW Steyr (Individual Weapon Steyr) in service of the New Zealand Defence Force.[51]
Oman[27][42]
Pakistan: Special Service Group (SSG) of the Pakistan Army and Airport Security Force (ASF).[citation needed]
Papua New Guinea: F88 variant.[27]
Philippines: Used by the Scout Rangers.[52]
Poland: Grupa Reagowania Operacyjno-Manewrowego (GROM) special forces group.[53][54]
Saudi Arabia[38][42]
Serbia: 72nd Reconnaissance-Commando Battalion.[37]
: Free Syrian Army fighters have acquired AUG rifles.[55]
Republic of China[27]
Tunisia[27][42]
United Kingdom
Flag of the Falkland Islands.svg Falkland Islands: Falkland Islands Defence Force.[56]
United States: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.[57]
Uruguay: Received 7,000 Steyr AUG A2UR rifles (with the A1 model sight and Picatinny rail) to be used by the Uruguayan infantry battalions.[58]

Toddinlou
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Toddinlou » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:35 am

Interesting video.... Guess I kinda understand the draw to the BullPup now. Would love to spend some time with a 10.5" AR vs the FS2000.

Return to “Other Rifles”