Taurus Range Review. PT111

Sig Sauer, Taurus, Hi Point, Bersa, anything but Glock and Xd.
Next
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Taurus Range Review. PT111

Post by Next » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:20 pm

I picked up a Taurus 9mm to keep in my side by side. Found it used at ECC for $149. Took it out to the range today (Point Blank) to see how it shoots. First impression on the gun is that it is a nice size for a 12 +1 handgun. Point Blank had them on Sale today for $199, but others have been around this price for a while. They actually asked me if someone at the counter could try it since they didn't have a rental one. I put 50 rounds through the Taurus with some hollow points mixed in. Gun performed really well and was pretty accurate. No malfunctions at all and mag locked the slide back each time. Trigger is not as nice as the Canik I also brought, but good enough. These are pretty good buys for the money. Point Blank also has a $9 per 1/2 hour lunch special so check them out as well.
Attachments
IMG_3256.JPG
IMG_3250.JPG

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Taurus Range Review. PT111

Post by kokopelli » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:34 pm

nice- for 150 you can't go wrong...I thin those will take the S&W 3rd gen mags, too...

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:46 pm

Picked one up in stainless a while back, trigger is a little weird but shoots surprisingly well. Zero failures to date. The G2 models seem to have gotten mostly favorable reviews.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

BK Meyers
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by BK Meyers » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:11 pm

I carried a Gen1 when I first got my CCDW. The blueing wasn't the best but performance wise it never failed. I sold it when I got my G19.

Have considered buying a Gen2 but the trigger really put me off of them. If I could find one for $150 like you did I would live with the trigger and make it a car/truck/motorcycle back-up piece!!
God made man.
Samuel Colt made all men equal.
John M. Browning and the 1911 made some men more equal than others.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:00 am

Confusing thing about this whole Gen thing with the PT-111 is that there already was a Gen 1, 2, and 3 with the original design. But when Taurus came out out the new PT-111 they decided to call it the Gen 2.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:05 am

Many people don't know Taurus was brought out a few years ago. Quality seems to have gone way up while the number of models has gone way down since.

BK Meyers
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by BK Meyers » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:59 pm

WLJ wrote:Many people don't know Taurus was brought out a few years ago. Quality seems to have gone way up while the number of models has gone way down since.
Do you mean bought out?? Any by whom??
God made man.
Samuel Colt made all men equal.
John M. Browning and the 1911 made some men more equal than others.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:22 pm

A Taurus for the price of a hi-point...nothing wrong with that...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:30 pm

BK Meyers wrote:
WLJ wrote:Many people don't know Taurus was brought out a few years ago. Quality seems to have gone way up while the number of models has gone way down since.
Do you mean bought out?? Any by whom??
Yeah, bought out not brought out. :oops:

Companhia Brasileira de Cartuchos (CBC)
The same company that owns Magtech, MEN, & Sellier & Bellot. http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/features/229026

They've kept it relatively quiet and sometime afterwards I noticed that the number of different Taurus models being offered was slashed drastically. I would guess to better enable them to better focus on a few core models.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:00 pm

One thing I should say is that IMHO if you get a Taurus you should get the stainless model of whichever one you buy. Taurus's blue/black finish has never been the greatest. Just my 2 cents.

Return to “Semi-auto Handguns”