Getting Glocked. Transition and observations.

Forum for your two most popular Tupperware handguns. Glock and XD.
Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Re: Getting Glocked. Transition and observations.

Post by Niceguy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:10 pm

Marcus wrote:I'd get a 40 if I was getting now, but you could always get a conversion for the 41 and get the longer barrel and 10mm at a lower price point.
I was told from Lonewolf and Storm Lake that there wouldn't be a 10mm conversion for the G41 due to the very thin slide, but the frames are the same so you could get a whole G40 slide assembly and be good to go.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Marcus » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:38 pm

Niceguy wrote:
Marcus wrote:I'd get a 40 if I was getting now, but you could always get a conversion for the 41 and get the longer barrel and 10mm at a lower price point.
I was told from Lonewolf and Storm Lake that there wouldn't be a 10mm conversion for the G41 due to the very thin slide, but the frames are the same so you could get a whole G40 slide assembly and be good to go.

Haven't done any research, but doesn't kkm make one?
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:44 pm

Marcus wrote:
Niceguy wrote:

My G41 was one the stolen guns, and I have a G40 now so I haven't looked for a while. The two I mentioned before said it would be dangerous to even attempt. G41 slide is closer to a G34/35 than the G40. It was VERY thin for a .45acp. It would fit in my 9/40 Glock Comptac holster it was just a little too tight.

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 61 times

Post by Marcus » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:58 pm

Niceguy wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Niceguy wrote:

My G41 was one the stolen guns, and I have a G40 now so I haven't looked for a while. The two I mentioned before said it would be dangerous to even attempt. G41 slide is closer to a G34/35 than the G40. It was VERY thin for a .45acp. It would fit in my 9/40 Glock Comptac holster it was just a little too tight.

Weird. To be honest, I've yet to actually put my hands on one.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:00 pm

Marcus wrote:
Niceguy wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Niceguy wrote:

Weird. To be honest, I've yet to actually put my hands on one.
They feel MUCH smaller than a G21/20... They barely feel bigger than G34/35 in hand.

KYGlassman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by KYGlassman » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:21 am

I missed a Gen 4 G20 today. I saw it on VCI Classifieds a few days ago. 500 bucks and supposedly like new. It came with some ammo so I suspected the guy may have been a bit skeered of it or something. Anyway, I was a few minutes late with my text message. He just sold it. First 10 mm I've seen show up on there.

I just wish they made the G40 a sawbuck or so cheaper without the MOS. Red dots are useless with this astigmatism so I don't need that feature at all.

I've got a pile of stuff to reload for the 454 Casull/45LC. I may load and shoot that stuff over the next few months. If I don't find a reason to really dig that revolver I may see what I can get my favorite LGS to do for me on a new G40.

KYGlassman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by KYGlassman » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:35 pm

Here are those bags when closed. I was wrong. Three of them came from Midway but the two Tactical Performance bags came from Academy. I caught them all on sale. The magazine pouch came from Midway with the Magpul mags for 75 bucks at the time.

Return to “XD & Glock”