Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Want to discuss politics, religious affairs, legal items, this would be the place. Keep the discourse civil please.
WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Stupid And Sometimes Not So Stupid Stuff

Post by WLJ » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:50 pm

But nope, it's not from The Onion.
How do these people function in the real world?

LETTER: Military maneuvers startle already-stressed UND campus
http://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion ... und-campus
Apparently, it's not enough that UND's administration is attacking the quality of education by cutting programs and experienced faculty and jacking class sizes. Now, we must also feel under physical attack as well.

I look up from my office computer to see two figures in camo with guns outside my window. My first thought is for my students' and my safety: I grab my phone, crawl under my desk and call 911. The dispatcher keeps me on the line until someone can see if ROTC is doing maneuvers.

I can barely talk—first, with fear, and then with rage when the dispatcher reports back that yes, in fact, I've probably just seen ROTC cadets, though they're going to send an officer to check because no one has cleared it with them. They thank me for reporting it.

A few minutes later, a university officer calls me back—not to reassure me, but to scold me for calling 911. He says ROTC has permission to do this exercise. When I tell him that this was news to 911 and that they encouraged me to call whenever I see a gun on campus, he seems surprised.

He also tells me that ROTC will be doing these exercises for the next couple weeks.

So I reply that I guess I'll be calling 911 for the next couple weeks—and I will. Every time.

It's not my job to decide whether people carrying guns at school are an actual threat. It's my job to teach and to get home to my family.

It's already highly inappropriate to conduct unnecessary military maneuvers in the middle of the quad. But with school shootings on the increase and tensions at UND running high, it's especially irresponsible.

We're already under financial and emotional attack. We don't need to feel under physical attack, too.

Heidi Czerwiec

Grand Forks

Czerwiec is an associate professor of English at UND.
Last edited by WLJ on Sat May 12, 2018 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 17 times

Re: At first I thought this came from The Onion

Post by kokopelli » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:03 pm

good- let her call. When she knowingly makes a false report, charge her. I've locked up a few people who called 911 knowing it was false- Wanton Endangerment for me having to go code 3 to the scene, placing myself and others in danger of of injury.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:28 pm

Got to add this one to it
The president of Emory University has spoken to demonstrators who said they were frightened after someone wrote 'Trump 2016' in chalk around campus.

Students at the Atlanta school, which has an enrollment of more than 14,000 claim their 'safe space' was violated when the messages appeared on sidewalks and buildings.

Jim Wagner, president of the Atlanta university, wrote Tuesday that the students viewed the messages as intimidation, and they voiced 'genuine concern and pain' as a result.
Emory University president says students are scared and 'in pain' after someone wrote 'Trump 2016' in chalk on campus
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... signs.html
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Mike
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Mike » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:38 pm

kokopelli wrote:good- let her call. When she knowingly makes a false report, charge her. I've locked up a few people who called 911 knowing it was false- Wanton Endangerment for me having to go code 3 to the scene, placing myself and others in danger of of injury.
Won't be a false report though.....
:llama:

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Wyldman » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:39 pm

OMFG, SMMFH.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:57 am

Nbiggest bunch of sandy vag pussies ever

rustynuts
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by rustynuts » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:31 am

ssracer wrote:Nbiggest bunch of sandy vag pussies ever
Our country is full of them. The rest of the world is probably laughing their asses off.

Eireguy
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Eireguy » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:05 am

They need to take this special snowflake out of that job . 1 she dosent know whats going on @ her own job 2 she isnt intelligent enough to recognize rotc uniforms 3 shes scared of inanimate objects 4 she hides under her desk instead of taking care of her students . Hopefully she will call everyday & end up being arrested .

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:11 am

People are leaving comments about the ROTC woman on the amazon page for one of her books :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/Self-Portrait-Bet ... ettie+page

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Post by Wyldman » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:16 am

Good! It's far more recognition than she deserves!

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times

Post by Rem700 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:37 am

WLJ wrote:People are leaving comments about the ROTC woman on the amazon page for one of her books :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.amazon.com/Self-Portrait-Bet ... ettie+page
This is called reaping what you sow.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:13 pm

Hilarious
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:34 pm

I hate these people. I can't stand them and am embarrassed they come from my country. It is in the grand scheme of time overnight basically we undid men being men and respect for other humans to pussies and "it's all about me" attitudes.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:58 pm

Wait there's more
“Regardless of your political party, this intentional act of violence committed directly to a student of color proves to be another testament that racism continues to be an undeniable problem and alarming threat on our campus,” she wrote in the email.
What was the act of violence you may ask?
Someone wrote Trump 2016 on the whiteboard :roll:

Scripps College student government censures ‘racist’ pro-Trump message
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... p-message/

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:27 pm

This is how the left works. They don't like your message, they call you a racist, sexist, islamaphobe, etc...whatever word they can to attack your character, pigeonhole you into a category and put you on the defensive. When you can't win an argument, attack your opponent.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:35 pm

Time for a reckoning.

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:37 pm

Reckon away!!
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:57 am

California college students object to 'white feminist' Madeleine Albright as commencement speaker
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/04/ca ... cmp=hplnws
Soon after officials at all-female Scripps College, in Claremont, Calif., announced Albright would speak to graduates, an article in the school paper derided the Czech-born diplomat for her skin color and previous policy positions, and other students posted their concerns on social media, according to The Claremont Independent.
The article in The Student Life described Albright as a “white feminist and repeated genocide enabler” because she supported military intervention in the Balkans as secretary of state and did not do more to stop genocide in Rwanda during her time at the UN.
^^^^^ Anyone else see the contradiction here?
The newspaper noted that Scripps students did not object when Angela Davis, a radical-turned-academic who was on the FBI’s Top Ten Most Wanted list for murder and kidnapping—spoke on campus earlier this year.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:47 pm

Oh good grief

Oh My: DePaul's College Republican Chapter Accused of Committing A Hate Crime Over Trump-like Chalkings
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/ ... s-n2149279

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:35 pm

The 17th annual White Privilege Conference in Philadelphia devolved into a precious snowflake whinefest when attendees noted that the conference was too white. No, I’m not kidding.
It get even better, or worst depending on how you want to look at it.

So, The White Privilege Conference Devolved Into A Total Cupcake Whinefest
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/ ... r-n2151274

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu May 05, 2016 9:43 am

Biracial Fusion Writer Fears Her Child Might Be White, Prays That Inherited Privilege Won’t Divide Family
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/ ... y-n2158396
“These are the fears I harbor for the quarter of my son that is black. For the whiteness within him, and for myself, I harbor other fears—fears of erasure that fill me with shame, because while I pray that my son will not suffer the slings and injustices of American Otherness, I also pray that his privilege, should he inherit it, will not divide us.”

“I fear that my son—insulated for nine-odd months in the warm shelter of my womb—will burst into the world and not recognize me. I fear that he will, in the midst of latching his tiny mouth around my nipple, see its darkness against his impossibly pale skin and see not his mother, but a stranger.”

Now, she also says she’s hopeful that none of this will happen. I am too. But let’s be frank—this is pretty crazy. This is what your worried about. You’re not worried about the umbilical cord possibly being wrapped around his neck, a premature birth, drops in blood pressure, or any pregnancy-related medical emergency—you’re worried about whether his white privilege might divide the household. Let’s get a grip and focus on the problems that are real.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu May 05, 2016 9:47 am

You can't make this stuff up.

“Stop the Violence” Interview Ironically Turns Violent in New Orleans
http://bearingarms.com/jenn-j/2016/05/0 ... w-orleans/
As part of an ongoing series called “Taking a Stand” against gun violence, New Orleans WWLTV Channel 4 reporter Eric Paulsen interviewed local rapper Kwame Gates on “the culture of violence in the Big Easy”.

The interview, which aired last night, shows a former member of Kwame’s crew approach the rapper and starting a fight that quickly served to illustrate the culture of violence in the Big Easy.
The rapper being interviewed was Kwame Gates, a rapper known as K-Gates who has produced a documentary called “Murda Capital,” and his friend Al, who goes by the rapper name Easy Money, about rap culture and violent crime in New Orleans. As the conversation shifted to gun violence, a man who used to be in a rap group with Easy Money started yelling at the group, saying that Gates should not be in the neighborhood.

Easy Money and one of his friends confronted the man, and a fight broke out. The man was carrying a gun, but no shots were fired.

Althea Phillips, a mother who lost four sons to gun violence, can be heard in the background saying, “This is where the killing starts.”

“I hate to have brought you into that environment, but in hindsight it was a close call because the person who was angry at you and me, had a firearm,” Gates told Paulsen later. “I don’t know why it happened, but I think he was disarming him so it didn’t escalate into something further.”
It seems Mayor Landrieu is doing a bang up job (pun intended) in getting criminals to follow gun laws in New Orleans. Nice work, buddy.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu May 12, 2016 9:17 am

Another wacked story that could have come from The Onion but didn't. My head hurts

MIT lecture: 'Is Islamophobia Accelerating Global Warming?'
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/12/mi ... tcmp=hpbt3

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Thu May 19, 2016 8:07 am

Walking on eggshells

NYC to Fine Businesses That Don’t Use Correct Gender Pronouns
Failing to refer to transgenders as "ze" or "hir" a violation of human rights
http://www.infowars.com/nyc-to-fine-bus ... -pronouns/

Rem700
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 109 times

Post by Rem700 » Thu May 19, 2016 8:42 am

Ok so NYC now has speech police? Sounds perfectly constitutional.

Return to “Legal/Politics/Religious”