Weekly Bushcraft Challenge Sub Forum

This sub forum will have the weekly bushcraft challenge, an idea brought to KAC by Son of Liberty.
son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Weekly Bushcraft Challenge Sub Forum

Post by son of liberty » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:57 am

Here is how this will work (I hope) each week a single thread will be made to describe that weeks task, it will cover some possible ways to accomplish the task with basic bushcraft tools and materials in pictorial and when needed video. Participants will then complete the task using there tools and kit and post pictures of there accomplished task in the same thread along with how they accomplished the task. This should allow everyone to learn from everyone else many people bring many good ideas. There is no limit on the amount of time it takes to complete the task, just post your results in the correct thread when you do complete that particular task. This is about doing not buying, and some times a piece of kit will be needed that will have to be scrounged or bought but these will be kept to the bare minimum.

In an effort to keep on task and clutter free I will post the thread and task for each week, though anyone is welcome to recommend a task just IM me and we will fit them in where possible . I will post the task for that week on Sunday.

We will have a Group meet once year , where the skills are put to use not just practiced. This is an optional meet

This is in no way my original idea, this has been done by other web sights . Hopefully by bringing it here we will all train ourselves, be practiced, bring a huge amount of quality content , and build a better community here. As with all works of man this is subject to change and revision as necessary.

please do not respond to this thread, we can make a topic in the bushcraft forum if you would like to discus or comment.

Return to “Bushcraft Challenge”