The Black Rifle/Pistol Pic Thread

The black rifle we all love. All variants welcome. 223/556 300 BLK, 762, 50, AR pistols.... Bring it.
ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 55 times

Re: The Black Rifle/Pistol Pic Thread

Post by ssracer » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:40 am

Since yesterday was 2/23 I got them out for a family photo
9D95CA9C-A0DA-40A9-AD5F-0409B429B464.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Mexican Kerry » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:47 am

Since our govt is swirling further down the bowl and Castro's Canadian son put in an illegal change to firearms last year, I've had to diversify.

AR's are now prohib, so I stripped every part off all mine and rebuilt them on new receivers. Also picked up a couple of other rifles that weren't on the ban list (yet).

These users liked the author Mexican Kerry for the post:
Livewire
Rating: 12.5%

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mexican Kerry » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:21 pm

Colt Lightweight Sporter I just put back together with a Cmmg .22 conversion in it. 16" barrel, 6 position extension, old vinyl acetate stock and a weird vintage red dot until I get an Aimpoint 2000 for it.

Pretty fun to shoot once I got the ammo sorted (def doesn't like subsonic, it didnt reset the hammer and would empty the mag with one trigger press).

Been working with the kids on a few drills we made up, and been doing some timed courses for fun. Their favorite is the Heat drill, carrying a heavy duffel and dumping mags into multiple targets (i got the idea from forgotten weapons). Rimfire range in the back yard is an awesome thing, we are always trying out new things.

Most of the shooting with the kids is rimfire just because of the cost and also the recoil factor for my youngest daughter (11).

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:27 pm

Holy shit, you guys still have those scary things? :llama:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mexican Kerry » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:57 pm

When they banned them they told us we couldn't sell them and had to keep them in the safe until they figure out how they will take them.

So yeah I still have all my stuff. Been adding to the pile too, my place is a safe haven for everything people are afraid to hold onto. Can still buy ammo for now, but prices are pretty stupid. Buck a round for 55gr fmj 5.56 is the going rate, hence the .22 conversion.

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mexican Kerry » Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:02 am

Working on putting together a 9mm Colt smg with some of my spare parts now, got everything I need except a magwell adapter. Hard to source now for the old uzi/colt mags. Lots of stuff for glock style mags, but not really what I'm looking for. Glock style is last resort if I can't find the old style.⁰

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mexican Kerry » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:10 am

Finally finished my version of the holy grail smg. All colt, sort of a bastard mix of a couple different models. 100% function after spending an afternoon tweaking, took me 5 years to find all the parts.

10" barrel with 9mm a1 flash hider, SP1 lower, 2 position buffer tube with vinyl acetate stock, clone 607 handguard, old USGI modded sling, mk custom shorty grip. Small parts from the retro bin for the vibe.

Ruger pc9 can kiss my ass, this thing is unreal. No recoil, super lightweight.

I don't need any more guns in my life. I may try to find a vintage aimpoint to put on top of the carry handle, haven't decided yet.

Mexican Kerry
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Mexican Kerry » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:17 am

My next project is a vintage style dissipator. Running out of parts in the current canadian political climate but I think I have pretty much everything I need to build a correct upper for it. Gassing it right will be the biggest challenge.

16" rifle barrel/gas system, a1 upper with some old triangular handguards I have sitting here. Should be fun.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 91 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:22 am

Mexican Kerry wrote:Finally finished my version of the holy grail smg. All colt, sort of a bastard mix of a couple different models. 100% function after spending an afternoon tweaking, took me 5 years to find all the parts.

10" barrel with 9mm a1 flash hider, SP1 lower, 2 position buffer tube with vinyl acetate stock, clone 607 handguard, old USGI modded sling, mk custom shorty grip. Small parts from the retro bin for the vibe.

Ruger pc9 can kiss my ass, this thing is unreal. No recoil, super lightweight.

I don't need any more guns in my life. I may try to find a vintage aimpoint to put on top of the carry handle, haven't decided yet.

AWESOME!!!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Return to “AR-15”