SSAR-15 SlideFire Build

The black rifle we all love. All variants welcome. 223/556 300 BLK, 762, 50, AR pistols.... Bring it.
JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0

SSAR-15 SlideFire Build

Post by JustShootIt » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:09 am

A few months ago I decided to take the plunge and get myself a SlideFire SSAR-15 stock. My main goal was to make it function with my .22 upper. With just a few upgrades and a little tinkering I got it running pretty darn good. But I also wanted it to be easily used with any AR upper that I currently have or future uppers, so I basically build a "dedicated" lower for the SlideFire Stock..........

I used a stripped PSA lower and installed a RRA 2 stage trigger. Either a 2 stage trigger or a Timney etc is a must when using the SlideFire with .22.....a Mil-Spec buffer tube is required with the SSAR as well....then installed the SlideFire. (very easy won't go into that unless someone has a question about it) I used a Chiappa 22 upper, which I had already...it's been a great upper. It came with (2) 28 rd mags and I also got a 50 rd drum from BDM!!

Overall the setup runs great. I will admit that using the SlideFire with .22 does require a little bit of "finesse" however, it's very easy to get used to and a TON of fun. I can easily rip and dump the 50 rd drum in seconds.....which is something I can actually do on a regular basis with .22 and not break the bank......Then when the zombies attack and SHTF I can easily throw on the M4 upper and light em' up!! :lol:

Here's a pic of what it looks like today with the 50 rd BDM Drum:

This is just an all around fun gun and for the time being, the closest thing I have to full auto....definately a good way to fill that nitch...

Video of me shooting with the 28 rd mags...This was during my experimental phase, but gives you the idea.....(runs much better now) Need to find time to make new videos!
[youtube]yf36-ELmn54[/youtube]
Here's a video with the 50 rd BDM drum....Not the best video, but it gets the point across...Will update with with better videos soon:
[youtube]wss7UbP55_E[/youtube]
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

JustShootIt
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0

Re: SSAR-15 SlideFire Build

Post by JustShootIt » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:49 am

Hope I embeded videos properly........let me know if you can't see them
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."(Edmund Burke)

Return to “AR-15”