Ambi charge handles

The black rifle we all love. All variants welcome. 223/556 300 BLK, 762, 50, AR pistols.... Bring it.
Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Ambi charge handles

Post by Niceguy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:13 am

I have a wrong handed (well, wrong eye and chooses to shoot wrong hand) coworker that wants an AR and said he'd like the charge and safety to be ambi. What's a decent cheaper ambi-charge handle? I have most of and AR he wants, but need a few more pieces.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Ambi charge handles

Post by PDM » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:23 am

I have a rainier arms selector. Fits great and much cheaper than BAD.

Look on gun.deals and see who has a raptor/badger style handle on sale
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

KDV
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by KDV » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:45 am

I've used several different ambi safety selectors and it really depends on how much you want to spend. Short throws (60/45) are more expensive and you're also gonna pay for the name on it.

Best bang for the buck 90 degree out there, that I've used, is the Patriot Ordnance (POF). Primary Arms has them for $25.99.

I've also used Raptor and BCM ambi charging handles and I prefer the BCM. The most economical will probably be the Strike Industries, although I haven't used that one. I have used their safety selectors and I think their quality is good, especially for the money. You can usually get a good deal on SI's stuff on eBay.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:59 am

Sweet! Thanks guys, I'll take a look. Chances are he'll never even shoot it. Just one of those guys that has now decides he NEEDS an AR now.

Return to “AR-15”