BCM To Produce MLOK and Picatinny Versions of KMR

The black rifle we all love. All variants welcome. 223/556 300 BLK, 762, 50, AR pistols.... Bring it.
Whootsinator
Little Butthole
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

BCM To Produce MLOK and Picatinny Versions of KMR

Post by Whootsinator » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:37 pm

BCM has plans to produce picatinny and MLOK versions of the KMR handguard.... presumably not called the KMR, since it stands for KeyMod Rail. I have to say this is pretty surprising to me, as Eric Kincel is I believe in charge of product development at BCM (may have a different position/title), and he's the man behind Keymod.
Bravo Company wrote:We wanted to expand the KMR handguard line last year, but industry demands (from the election) made it so we were overrun with backorders. As such we couldn't shut down machines to prototype or run new SKUs if the KMR demands exceed supply. We expect 2017 to return back to normal volumes. A KMR version in Mlok and Picatinny should be out in late 2017. (along with some other cool new parts)

Thank you very much for your interest in BCM products!
Both systems have their strong and weak points. Keymod can theoretically return to zero better than MLOK, but no one is mounting optics or lasers with Keymod OR MLOK anyway. MLOK is I believe stronger and cheaper/faster to machine. Keymod is open source, which can be a blessing and a curse... Not all keymod is necessarily 100% the same, and people who may not fully understand the system are free to make their own tweaks, which can result in unforeseen consequences. MLOK is controlled by Magpul and everything must be within the scope of their licensing agreements.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Whootsinator
Little Butthole
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: BCM To Produce MLOK and Picatinny Versions of KMR

Post by Whootsinator » Fri May 05, 2017 10:37 pm

ETA Q3 2017, pricing should be similar to current KMR-A prices. No plans to bring back the aluminum magnesium alloy, just didn't work out.

"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Return to “AR-15”