Anderson LPK

The black rifle we all love. All variants welcome. 223/556 300 BLK, 762, 50, AR pistols.... Bring it.
Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 98 times

Anderson LPK

Post by Toddstang » Sun May 15, 2016 3:23 pm

As some of you may have read in the Black rifle pic thread I am having serious issues with my trigger group. The reset on the trigger seems to catch to the point of first shot, Bang! second pull of the trigger, nothing, then Bang! I swapped the Anderson trigger group out in another AR and same exact problem. After doing an internet search it seems that this is a common issue and Anderson is still letting vendors sell these like this instead of doing a recall. This is very dangerous and if someone who is not safety minded handles one of these it could end badly.
Just a heads up for anyone doing a build with an Anderson LPK. They are saying all you need to do is file some burrs down on the hammer to fix this. Ummm NO! I am not going to fix their problem!
I sent them an email last night so I will post up their response when I get one, if I get one.
The burr is noticeable on mine and should not of left the factory like this.
Rant over, back to CMMG kits for me.

Dustin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: Anderson LPK

Post by Dustin » Sun May 15, 2016 3:59 pm

I just built one with a psa kit. No problems but the trigger does suck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

yagreg
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0

Post by yagreg » Sun May 15, 2016 6:19 pm

I have an Anderson lpk with the 'stainless' finish that does the same thing as yours Todd. I haven't tried it in another lower.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0

Post by son of liberty » Sun May 15, 2016 6:43 pm

One of the best parts of the anderson lower kits is the trigger group. You can hone and polish them without fear of destroying the heat treat.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Sun May 15, 2016 7:04 pm

yagreg wrote:I have an Anderson lpk with the 'stainless' finish that does the same thing as yours Todd. I haven't tried it in another lower.
It really blew my mind. Out of all the builds I have done over the years I have never had a bad trigger group. I have had mag catches/releases that needed a little sanding of burrs but this is an accident waiting to happen.
I noticed the hammer is taller on these compared to other kits.

BK Meyers
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by BK Meyers » Sun May 15, 2016 8:31 pm

I've got a couple of the Anderson lpk's with the stainless trigger group in my parts stash. Thanks for the heads up on this. Will definitely double check the surfaces during installation.

BK
God made man.
Samuel Colt made all men equal.
John M. Browning and the 1911 made some men more equal than others.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Sun May 15, 2016 9:53 pm

I think I only have one Anderson lpk in anything. It's the stainless fcg. It's been good to go. I think every other one of mine has PSA in them. I don't mind the milspec triggers in any of them. If I had a tack driver type AR (at some point I will) I would probably want better than milspec though.

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Sun May 15, 2016 9:56 pm

I had this issue of close to Middletown. I can fix
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Sat May 21, 2016 9:51 pm

Well an update, I never got an Email reply back on Monday so I called them on Tuesday. The person I spoke with asked where I purchased the LPK. I told him at KCR MGS through Copes. He asked if I contacted Copes since that's where I purchased it and I should return to them, at this point I stop him and tell him this is an Anderson problem not a Copes problem and that I researched the net and this seems to be an ongoing issue and that you all are really lucky I didn't accidentally shoot myself or someone else for your faulty trigger and if anything you need to recall these before someone does get hurt. Now his tone changes and he asks for my address, said he would ship me a new trigger group. Well the new group arrived Friday afternoon and it is the stainless model which is way better. So today at the NRA show I walked up to the Anderson booth and gave them their faulty trigger back.
So hopefully next week I will try this new one out with better results.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 56 times

Post by ssracer » Sun May 22, 2016 12:29 am

I walked by them slowly several times today in my new Accurate Armory tshirt with "The New Kentucky Rifle" on the back...lol

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Sun May 22, 2016 7:57 am

Toddstang wrote:Well an update, I never got an Email reply back on Monday so I called them on Tuesday. The person I spoke with asked where I purchased the LPK. I told him at KCR MGS through Copes. He asked if I contacted Copes since that's where I purchased it and I should return to them, at this point I stop him and tell him this is an Anderson problem not a Copes problem and that I researched the net and this seems to be an ongoing issue and that you all are really lucky I didn't accidentally shoot myself or someone else for your faulty trigger and if anything you need to recall these before someone does get hurt. Now his tone changes and he asks for my address, said he would ship me a new trigger group. Well the new group arrived Friday afternoon and it is the stainless model which is way better. So today at the NRA show I walked up to the Anderson booth and gave them their faulty trigger back.
So hopefully next week I will try this new one out with better results.
I'm getting from this that friends don't let friends buy Anderson
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Sun May 22, 2016 8:12 am

It reminds me of the Ford Pinto fiasco. Ford knew they had a problem but waited way to long before a recall.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sun May 22, 2016 8:32 am

ssracer wrote:I walked by them slowly several times today in my new Accurate Armory tshirt with "The New Kentucky Rifle" on the back...lol
Cause AA quality is so high???

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Sun May 22, 2016 8:55 am

Everything I have ever seen of theirs is. But at least they don't claim to be the only no lube ar...Anderson has been suspect to me ever since they started making that claim

bigelowe
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by bigelowe » Sun May 22, 2016 10:03 am

I have 3 Anderson lpk and a cmmg in my safe. Guess I will use the cmmg next and figure out wtf to do with the 3 Andersons.
Not everyone can be a winner or get a trophy, we are raising a society full of pu**ies

2nd place is the 1st place loser.

Currently looking for that unicorn.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ssracer » Sun May 22, 2016 10:41 am

Lol...I definitely won't argue the CS part

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sun May 22, 2016 12:31 pm

ssracer wrote:Everything I have ever seen of theirs is. But at least they don't claim to be the only no lube ar...Anderson has been suspect to me ever since they started making that claim

haha, well there are some members here with some horror stories. Not to mention the one time I went there and saw it firsthand.

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Sun May 22, 2016 4:45 pm

I have built with Anderson LPK like 8 times. Had one issue where disconnect wouldn't let trigger reset. So it was too safe. Was a simple file fix on a but and I was rolling again. I will continue to use Anderson for my parts kits
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

SSGBPowell

Post by SSGBPowell » Fri May 27, 2016 11:05 am

I have 3 Anderson LPK in rifles, They were stainless triggers and hammers, I have had no trouble with them. I might have gotten lucky but my luck doesn't usually run that way.
I was only going to build one...

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Fri May 27, 2016 2:11 pm

son of liberty wrote:One of the best parts of the anderson lower kits is the trigger group. You can hone and polish them without fear of destroying the heat treat.

Sounds like you have too ,just to get them to work.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Fri May 27, 2016 2:14 pm

ssracer wrote:Everything I have ever seen of theirs is. But at least they don't claim to be the only no lube ar...Anderson has been suspect to me ever since they started making that claim

Even the vaulted Accurate Armory put out a lemon , I know I had to deal with it.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Fri May 27, 2016 2:48 pm

I don't think I can name one company/manufacturer, that hasn't made a turd.

Toddstang
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by Toddstang » Mon May 30, 2016 5:45 pm

Update:

Since they sent me the stainless trigger group I decided to polish it up really good before I installed it.
Took it out today and tried it out and it impressed me so much that I may buy a few more. It feels as good as a high $ trigger and is way lighter pull then a regular milspec trigger. Smooth as glass!
I would honestly say that Anderson really made this work for the best.

BK Meyers
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by BK Meyers » Mon May 30, 2016 8:02 pm

Toddstang wrote:Update:

Since they sent me the stainless trigger group I decided to polish it up really good before I installed it.
Took it out today and tried it out and it impressed me so much that I may buy a few more. It feels as good as a high $ trigger and is way lighter pull then a regular milspec trigger. Smooth as glass!
I would honestly say that Anderson really made this work for the best.
Now put a JP Enterprises trigger spring kit in it (Red/yellow) or (yellow/yellow). I've got a spring kit that I've wanted to add to an existing Anderson SS trigger group (unpolished) but honestly really like how the trigger feels with standard springs. If I do change the spring kit it will be to a red/yellow set-up since I have one on hand.

BK
God made man.
Samuel Colt made all men equal.
John M. Browning and the 1911 made some men more equal than others.

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Mon May 30, 2016 9:39 pm

son of liberty wrote:One of the best parts of the anderson lower kits is the trigger group. You can hone and polish them without fear of destroying the heat treat.

Return to “AR-15”