Let's talk slings

The black rifle we all love. All variants welcome. 223/556 300 BLK, 762, 50, AR pistols.... Bring it.
Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Let's talk slings

Post by Frailer » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:10 pm

Whootsinator wrote:
Frailer wrote:They let you use a sling? Army's getting soft; we had to keep it in our hands.

But, to be fair, we didn't have to carry it 24 hours a day. They let us prop it up against a tree or rock when we had to take a shit.
No slings in Basic/AIT, even if you had a 249 or 240. No leaning/propping against anything. It was either in someone's hands or stacked appropriately and guarded.
OK...now I'm confused. No slings, but the padding was a hindrance?

And somebody else had to hold your weapon when you took a shit? Awkward.

:llama:

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:50 pm

Found a nice little nylon 1.25 inch sling I am going to run for a bit. See how it does for me and then decide if the style is tight for is rifle.
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

Whootsinator
Little Butthole
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Whootsinator » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:52 pm

Experiment. Attachment method/location makes a big difference, whether the front is closer to the muzzle or receiver, or the rear is near the castle nut or on the left/right of the stock. Try them all, see what works best for you.
Frailer wrote:OK...now I'm confused. No slings, but the padding was a hindrance?
The fuck-fuck games didn't end after getting my blue cord. No, they had hardly begun :llama:
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Return to “AR-15”