DDM4 torture test video

The black rifle we all love. All variants welcome. 223/556 300 BLK, 762, 50, AR pistols.... Bring it.
justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

DDM4 torture test video

Post by justang1997 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:12 am

https://youtu.be/uMUASQMt5l8

I know this is an old video but i just watched it. Couple things stood out to me. Disclaimer! I am not hating on DD!

This video is much talked about by people singing DD praises, yet the rifle fails the 2nd test. Water test, 2 rounds fire and then short stroke.

Another thing that stands out to me is if you put that rail and sight on a psa or dpms or whatever, you would likely get the same results. I was most impressed by the aimpoint and really want to know if it was loosing zero at the end or if the rifle was changing poi due to damage. Also very shocked that the rail didnt crush under the jeep weight.

justang1997
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Re: DDM4 torture test video

Post by justang1997 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:14 am

Also i wonder how a magpul mag would have held up under the ied simulation.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:26 pm

There was once a company called Duck Armory that made a torture test of thier AR , they throw it out of a truck , shot it with buckshot , ran over it with the truck on gravel and concrete.

I made a comment that any other quality AR would do the same thing and I got banned for it.

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:01 pm

Cranky, that was my thought too, many other AR's would do the same in the test (or better).

For as to the shrapnel test, they stated that they shot the weapon with lead shot. That, to me, was a flaw. They should have used STEEL shot for the test because shrapnel is generally not LEAD. It would seem to me that lead (being softer than steel) would bounce off the steel parts of the gun and even the magazine. And looking at the slo-mo of the video, its what appears to happen.

GI magazines take a beating as many veterans know and as can be seen in the ones I pick up. Very minor dings are not unusual, nor do they disable the mag. Only more major dents that prevent the follower from riding up and down freely, damage to the feed lips (protected during this test by being inside the weapon), or bad springs generally disable them.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:37 pm

Sorry I quite watching the DD test when I heard " I am Larry Vickers"

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:54 pm

guncrank1 wrote:There was once a company called Duck Armory that made a torture test of thier AR , they throw it out of a truck , shot it with buckshot , ran over it with the truck on gravel and concrete.

I made a comment that any other quality AR would do the same thing and I got banned for it.
Because you were trolling them. That would.be like them coming t9.your page promoting your cerakote and then them telling everyone on the page that everyone else has cerakote like yours. You would either boot them or talk shit.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:55 pm

guncrank1 wrote:Sorry I quite watching the DD test when I heard " I am Larry Vickers"
That was a tip to stop watching.

PDM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by PDM » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:15 am

jackalo626 wrote:
guncrank1 wrote:Sorry I quite watching the DD test when I heard " I am Larry Vickers"
That was a tip to stop watching.
Exactly! As much as I can't stand him, I did watch the series on the DD channel (extended cut) before I bought mine.
"The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or the state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
Tench Coxe

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:35 pm

How do you call a short stroke passing with flying colors. Wow!
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

Return to “AR-15”