LGR policy change due to ammo shortage

Ammo talk and ammo related topics
agisoec
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

LGR policy change due to ammo shortage

Post by agisoec » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:18 pm

Interesting: Because of the ammo shortage, my LGR posted a policy change and now allows the previously prohibited steel case ammo for use on the range in wheel guns ONLY. They are also buying back bulk ammo (brass case only),

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 76 times

Re: LGR policy change due to ammo shortage

Post by KYgundude » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:54 pm

I'm going to take a shot in the dark that this is OpenRange. They have always allowed steel in wheel guns but just didn't actively announce it. They wont allow steel in guns that eject the casing because they sell all your brass for a profit and don't want to pay someone to separate it out with a magnet. Gave me the excuse that they would have to pay huge amounts of money for hazmat suits and training. That is the reason they no longer get my money. Too bad, it's a beautiful range with really great employees.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:40 pm

You would figure the money they would gain by letting people shoot steel cased ammo would be more than the money they get from brass cases. The steel case shooter would in general buy ear pro, eye pro, targets, and that is more bodies in the shop which buy other gear also.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:47 pm

Like steel is so hard to separate from brass, just run a magnet over it.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Wyldman » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:07 pm

Or the time I had to argue with them about picking up my own brass. They tried to claim that it was against their policy and that what hits the floor is theirs. I asked them if it was their policy to steal from all of their customers or just the ones that let them get away with it. I walked out with my brass and haven't been back since.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

Return to “Ammo”