223 ammo, what would you pay?

Ammo talk and ammo related topics
icehouse1
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by icehouse1 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:46 pm

Simple question, what would you pay for 223 ammo per round? I have an opportunity to get several thousand rounds and yes, I am going to make a few pennies, but what would you give for NIB 223 ammo? I will give more details later... just curious as to whether or not it is worth my time..

burn360
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: 223 ammo, what would you pay?

Post by burn360 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:51 pm

all depends on what kind of ammo
Hard Core Wild Banshee Style!!!!!

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:52 pm

if it is good 5.56 .46-50 cents a round
if it is just .223 like american eagle .30 a round
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Marcus » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:56 pm

I'm not impressed with the direction this thread is going.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

RecoilSensitive
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by RecoilSensitive » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:57 pm

basically he is trying to figure out how to make money dealing in ammo
"But now," he said, "take your money and a traveler's bag. And if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36 NLT)

GunningBadger
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by GunningBadger » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:03 pm

Coach wrote:.20/ rnd max. The more people pimp ammo the more we all have to pay. So ill go without.
Yup. I just shoot less. Shenanigans stop eventually.

ken6881
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ken6881 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:19 pm

.35 a round and if I know someone bought it to make money then its a no deal for me. I posted in a in stock thread last week got a thank you from a guy and two days ago it showed up in the classifieds marked up at least 25% me and a few others called him out. I have picked up ammo to get it in the hands of some of my friends who needed it but did not make a penny other than one of them tipped me as a thank you.
Ky CCDW Instructor

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:21 pm

before all of this started and ammo was not at a premium I sold it out at shepherdsville flea market. but I didnt mark it way way up. I dont mind people making a buck off of something like this so long as they are not intentionally trying to bend people over on the rates.....
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:27 pm

BIGC wrote:before all of this started and ammo was not at a premium I sold it out at shepherdsville flea market. but I didnt mark it way way up. I dont mind people making a buck off of something like this so long as they are not intentionally trying to bend people over on the rates.....
That is purely interpretation. If they bought it at .10 a rd and sold for .30 a rd they are making a huge profit. If they paid 3 dollars a rd and sold it for 3.01 a rd then they aren't bending you over even though you would think so due to the price. It only matters what they sell it for and what you want to pay. I don't care how cheap they bought it for if I never know then what is the harm?

ken6881
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ken6881 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:29 pm

BIGC wrote:before all of this started and ammo was not at a premium I sold it out at shepherdsville flea market. but I didnt mark it way way up. I dont mind people making a buck off of something like this so long as they are not intentionally trying to bend people over on the rates.....
I don't have a problem with people selling something for more than what they paid for it but purchasing with intent to sell as he as stated is where it pushes the line.
I buy things daily with the intent to resell at a higher price and I do. I have a fed tax number, resell certificate..., and pay taxes on every penny I make. Buying and selling to make a profit is a business and this guy is not collecting sales tax or paying taxes on what he makes. This is my only problem with it.
Ky CCDW Instructor

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father

Post by Marcus » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:59 pm

ken6881 wrote:
I don't have a problem with people selling something for more than what they paid for it but purchasing with intent to sell as he as stated is where it pushes the line.
I buy things daily with the intent to resell at a higher price and I do. I have a fed tax number, resell certificate..., and pay taxes on every penny I make. Buying and selling to make a profit is a business and this guy is not collecting sales tax or paying taxes on what he makes. This is my only problem with it.
Very well said.
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:02 pm

10 bucks for brass. 5-6 bucks for steel ( 20 rounds ). I'll wait until it's in stock at a gun shop and buy it at normal prices.

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:38 pm

I'm not in the market for any 5.56 for the foreseeable future, but I've never paid more than .30/round for M193, and I don't plan to start.

If it's still selling at the current grossly inflated price five years from now I'll switch to a more potent caliber.

jackalo626
Global Mod
Global Mod
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by jackalo626 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:42 pm

Frailer wrote:I'm not in the market for any 5.56 for the foreseeable future, but I've never paid more than .30/round for M193, and I don't plan to start.

If it's still selling at the current grossly inflated price five years from now I'll switch to a more potent caliber.
Everything goes up. Gas, groceries, metal, wood, etc.... Whatever caliber you have planned on will go up as well. Write down the price from a year ago and in five years I promise you it will be up.

gundoc
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by gundoc » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:30 pm

They are telling me at work that ammo will not be back to normal delivery quantities till august or later. I am going to guess that prices will get higher before then. The way people are buying any kind of ammo if you need hunting ammo for this fall you should start buying it now. We have a 3 box limit and people are so mad that they can't buy more just because we have it.

irishrob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 74 times

Post by irishrob » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Walmart has been getting in Tula Brass Maxx 223 in. $16.97 for 50. 3 box limit

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:22 pm

It's worthless, no one wants 223. But I'll take it off your hands to make sure it's deposed of properly.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

icehouse1

Post by icehouse1 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:06 pm

I just got back from my Aunts Funeral Visitation.. I am not posting this to make a large amount of $$... I was asking because... I have a lead on some ammo that I can get around 30 cents a round.. I was just wondering what it was worth from that point.. I bought 750 rounds on Tuesday nite for 49 cents a round and everyone that I spoke with said it was a great deal... If you can get it for 40 cents, it should be an awesome deal...

Just wondering what you all would pay for it... no biggie..

Oh, by the way, I like how a lot of you are labeling me as a person that is trying to make a big buck off of someone... thanks for the respect..

icehouse1

Post by icehouse1 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:09 pm

By the way, one of your own members of while now, is going to sell 9mm for 50 cents a round at the gun show this weekend.. You all need to let him know that he is ripping people off.. you sure let me know that was what I was trying to do, even tho I had more money in it that you wanted to spend....

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 110 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Actually I meant to put a llama in my post which means I'm just joking around. Forgot to.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Gaffshot
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Gaffshot » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:25 pm

I'll take some at $0.35 / round if its available. Thanks for thinking about us.

KYgundude
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 76 times

Post by KYgundude » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:03 pm

icehouse1 wrote: Oh, by the way, I like how a lot of you are labeling me as a person that is trying to make a big buck off of someone... thanks for the respect..

Actually you ARE trying to make a buck off someone if you aren't selling it at cost but that's ok. Anyone selling something for more than they paid is trying to make a buck. Welcome to free enterprise!! I won't pay your prices but you're welcome to ask however much you want.

As for Gundoc, he is an established member of the community we have all known for a long time. Many of us know him personally. I know his post count is low but he came from another forum with us where he has a lot more posts and is a well established person. This means he deserves some slack but I promise you, we will call him out if we want. We will call out anybody if we suspect douchebaggery(or just feel like it LOL). It's good to have a thick skin here.

Another thing for you to consider....
I just looked through your posts and the vast majority of what you have posted on this forum or participated in on this forum have been the buying and selling. You haven't much participated in other discussions. I can see where one might conclude that your here strictly for financial reasons. I suspect if you get more involved in the forums you might find you get some more slack.

icehouse1

Post by icehouse1 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:12 pm

The reason that I started this topic was to find out what a good price was.... I have a contact that will take care of me for less than 50 cents a round... and that is high as 15,000 rounds... I was just wondering what was a good price..

ken6881
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ken6881 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:39 pm

icehouse1 wrote: Oh, by the way, I like how a lot of you are labeling me as a person that is trying to make a big buck off of someone... thanks for the respect..
This is not about respect. you clearly stated you were in it for a profit and wanted to know how much you could make prior to purchasing the rounds. I guess it really ends up being how much are you going to make. Making enough to pay the gas/headache of getting it to the rest of us I would give respect to. Your opening post just did not seem to be that way but to see how much you could run the price up to.
Ky CCDW Instructor

icehouse1

Post by icehouse1 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:45 pm

Did my opening comment say: how much would you pay or how much could I charge? I was merely asking what was a decent price per round? I honestly, did not know,, but you know what, I will never ask it here again.. you all are without a doubt, the most discriminating bunch of people that I have ever saw! You have your own members of years, charging double for a piece of 9mm and want to crucify me for asking a question on 223 ammo. I was honestly just trying to see if the seller was trying to rip me off.. so be it... go about your own ways and keep dealing within yourselves.. you don't want new members here....

Return to “Ammo”