Ammo talk and ammo related topics
Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Looking for places to backorder from.

Post by Niceguy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:51 pm

I did a pretty good job hoarding ammo before all this bullshit started but I am shooting a lot more than I am finding local to buy. Where are some places I could put .22lr ammo in Blazer or Federal and 9mm in most anything, S&B, Federal, Speer, Aguila, pretty much whatever on backorder and not have to scroll threw 20 sites every 15 min to see if anyone got any in? I don't care if it takes a week or month or two since I still have a pretty good stash. I just need to start replenishing or start backing off on shooting and I don't want to do that because I like shooting and not shooting sucks big hairy balls... BIG HAIRY BALLS! NEED MOAR FAWKING AMMO! NO MORE HAIRY BALLS!!! Thanks for any info...

guitarandgunbuyer
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Looking for places to backorder from.

Post by guitarandgunbuyer » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:44 pm

I like to keep an eye on this site

http://www.slickguns.com/today

It's user submitted "deals", but it's sort of turned in to an "in-stock" site lately.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:02 am

I keep a back order at Sportsman's Guide. ESPECIALLY when they have a free shipping offer, because I can back order, set up a 4 pay plan, use the free shipping code and even if it does not ship for 3 months, I can start a 120 day interest free payment plan on the charges and not have to pay for shipping. Nothing is charged until it ships, unlike some online sellers.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 0

Looking for places to backorder from.

Post by dbh » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:14 am

ChopperDoc wrote:I keep a back order at Sportsman's Guide. ESPECIALLY when they have a free shipping offer, because I can back order, set up a 4 pay plan, use the free shipping code and even if it does not ship for 3 months, I can start a 120 day interest free payment plan on the charges and not have to pay for shipping. Nothing is charged until it ships, unlike some online sellers.
+1. I have over 5K rounds on BO right now at SG. Anticipated delivery dates range from March to October.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:59 am

Thanks guys. How do I get them to backorder on SG? I see where it notifies you when it is available but I didn't see where you can add it to your cart when it's out of stock.

ChopperDoc
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by ChopperDoc » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:09 am

niceguyr6 wrote:Thanks guys. How do I get them to backorder on SG? I see where it notifies you when it is available but I didn't see where you can add it to your cart when it's out of stock.
You can only back order stuff that is not allocated for what they expect to receive in, I would imagine. On popular stuff you might have to wait until you get that notification. I had a recurring back order that I would set up on 9mm, 40 Smith and 5.56 from before the panic. Some of that stuff is still on order and the date has been bumped a couple of times. Have not tried to get anything since Christmas from them.

Aim Surplus and Midway are a coupe other good places, but I think they are all not going to let you add a new back order when they have folks like me that have been on a back order list for months and can't get product. Maybe try Cope's too.
"You rarely rise to the occasion, you usually just sink to your lowest level of training."

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Niceguy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:17 am

Okay, thanks.

Return to “Ammo”