Ammo talk and ammo related topics
Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Bulk .38 Special

Post by Kadnine » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:12 pm

Thanks for having me here at KAC, folks. Gotta question for all you experienced bargain ammo buyers.

I'm about to start a fairly rigorous, twice a week, marksmanship training routine that's going to require a whole bunch of .38 Special FMJ rounds. Cheaper than Dirt has Winchester white box 130 grain for $36 per 100 count. Does anyone know of a better deal than that? All in all, this course will quickly burn 1500 rounds spent downrange, and I'm a bit strapped for cash, so saving a few pennies per shot will add up fast.

I'd prefer American made, but if anyone knows of a decent quality supplier overseas, I would still give it a try.

(Lead round nose is no good for this project. Indoor range, controlled conditions, I don't want to smoke out the neighboring lane. It's gotta be jacketed.)

Thanks in advance,

~ Keith
~~~

"'...what it is to be a bondservant thou knowest full well, but of freedom thou hast never yet made trial, to know whether it be a sweet thing or not. For if ever thou hadst experience thereof, thou wouldest counsel us to fight for it not with spears only but with axes.' Thus the Spartans answered Hydarnes." - Herodotus

~~~

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Bulk .38 Special

Post by guncrank1 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:34 pm

Start reloading

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:38 pm

http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx? ... 38+Special

Aim has both Aguila .38 sjhp for around $12.95 a box of 50 ($26/100) or Prvi Partizan FMJ for the same price. The Aguila is made in Mexico but it is brass cased, fully reloadable and good clean ammunition. I have shot a few thousand various rounds from aguila .22/.223/9mm etc with no issues
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Kadnine » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:55 pm

guncrank1 - Good idea. I *do* want to get into reloading. coachf has offered to school me on the basics.

BIGC - Thanks for this. I will look into Aim. That's quite a price drop from anything I've seen thus far!

- Keith
~~~

"'...what it is to be a bondservant thou knowest full well, but of freedom thou hast never yet made trial, to know whether it be a sweet thing or not. For if ever thou hadst experience thereof, thou wouldest counsel us to fight for it not with spears only but with axes.' Thus the Spartans answered Hydarnes." - Herodotus

~~~

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Wyldman » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:15 pm

Thanks, Coach, it's kind of you to say that. Have you gotten the gear we talked about yet? How about the manuals?

On a side note: Marcus, did you pick up that brass? Hunting season is fast approaching & I need some lead time to work on that stuff.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

BK Meyers
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by BK Meyers » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:17 pm

I've been hearing a Dick's Sporting Goods commercial where they have their ammo on sale for buy one, get one half price. I don't get a chance to shop there so don't have an idea of their prices but it may be worth a look.

BK
God made man.
Samuel Colt made all men equal.
John M. Browning and the 1911 made some men more equal than others.

scorpionmain
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by scorpionmain » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:45 pm

http://www.luckygunner.com has some 158 grain FMJ for $31.00
Buy 5 packs of 100 for $30.00 each and save 4%
Buy 10 for $29.00 each and save 7%

Great company out of Knoxville,TN and shipping is FAST.
"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
–Samuel Adams

Kadnine
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Kadnine » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:25 am

Some nice leads there, guys. Thanks.

- Keith
~~~

~~~

Return to “Ammo”