Ammo talk and ammo related topics
CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

online ammo supply question

Post by CCRBUM » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:12 pm

anyone ever use http://www.ammosupplywarehouse.com ? I'm looking at ordering 308 through them so I can try multiple brands of ammo... they seem to have decent prices and availability.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Re: online ammo supply question

Post by WLJ » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:14 pm

CCRBUM wrote:anyone ever use http://www.ammosupplywarehouse.com ? I'm looking at ordering 308 through them so I can try multiple brands of ammo... they seem to have decent prices and availability.
Darn good prices on 30 carbine. I'll be interested in how they are too.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CCRBUM » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:32 pm

we need a guinea pig to do a test order!

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:01 pm

I don't know which brand you're shopping for, but my go-to online source is SGammo.com

Looks like they have a reasonable variety in stock, and the prices of the brands I checked looked better there.

dbh
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by dbh » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:22 pm

I use SGammo and targetsportsusa. Targetsportsusa gets a lot of complaints (on the Internet) but I have never had a problem with them (probably ordered 10 times from them as recent as last week).

Frailer
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Frailer » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:00 pm

dbh wrote:I use SGammo and targetsportsusa. Targetsportsusa gets a lot of complaints (on the Internet) but I have never had a problem with them (probably ordered 10 times from them as recent as last week).
My experience with TargetSports is the same as yours--no issues whatsoever.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:04 pm

Frailer wrote:
dbh wrote:I use SGammo and targetsportsusa. Targetsportsusa gets a lot of complaints (on the Internet) but I have never had a problem with them (probably ordered 10 times from them as recent as last week).
Start reading here
viewtopic.php?p=592701#p592701
That's enough for me.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

irishrob
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by irishrob » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:37 pm

WLJ wrote:
Frailer wrote:
Start reading here
That's enough for me.
I'm not authorized to read that forum.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:46 pm

irishrob wrote:
WLJ wrote:
Frailer wrote:
Start reading here
That's enough for me.
I'm not authorized to read that forum.
In a nutshell one of our members ordered some stuff from them and 9 days after they send him a tracking number it still hadn't left the warehouse. Their response to him e-mailing and asking WTF was going on was to tell him to shop somewhere else.

Whootsinator
Little Butthole

Post by Whootsinator » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:47 pm

A member ordered from Target Sports, was sent a tracking number, and was told it should be there in two days. Nine days later the tracking showed it hadn't left their warehouse yet. He sent an email asking for an update and let them know he was disappointed with them. They replied that his order had been voided/refunded, and that he should do his ammo shopping somewhere else.

DDgunslinger also had a bad experience, that I'm pretty sure took months to resolve.

eta - WLJ beat me.
Last edited by Whootsinator on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't retreat; I kick ass in the other direction."

Gunsmokin
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 20 times

Post by Gunsmokin » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:48 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458614924.826344.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458614924.826344.jpg (284.29 KiB) Viewed 2131 times
jackalo626 wrote:Skibble dee dibbledy

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by WLJ » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:49 pm

Whootsinator wrote:A member ordered from Target Sports, was sent a tracking number, and was told it should be there in two days later. Nine days later the tracking showed it hadn't left their warehouse yet. He sent an email asking for an update and let them know he was disappointed with them. They replied that his order had been voided/refunded, and that he should do his ammo shopping somewhere else.

DDgunslinger also had a bad experience, that I'm pretty sure took months to resolve.

eta - WLJ beat me.
Yeah but you added info about DDgunslinger experience of which I can't remember any details.

CCRBUM
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by CCRBUM » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:20 am

I'll look into those places... right now I'm not looking for anything specific. Just trying to find somewhere I can get a good verity from to try in the M1A and see what it likes.

Return to “Ammo”