22lr reloading kit!!

Ammo talk and ammo related topics
schlarmanm1
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

22lr reloading kit!!

Post by schlarmanm1 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:46 am

Anyone hear about this 22lr kit???

I heard about it on the reloading podcast I occasionally listen to! Wondering if anyone has used it and if so how well did it work??

http://22lrreloader.com

"Kit" comes with a crimper, bullet mold, "rim cleaner and primer packer", eye dropper for primer compound, powder dipper, funnel, and a manual/instructions for making the priming compound and load data for popular powders. They also sell a sizing die with shell holder for 22lr/22short.

I honestly don't know how interested i am in the kit but I'm very interested in the "re-priming" of a 22lr case. I don't shoot 22lr much and have a good stock but this kit sounds neat. Also they plan to make kits for just about all rimfired cartridges including the hard to find ones!!

Toecutter1978
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 14 times

Re: 22lr reloading kit!!

Post by Toecutter1978 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:41 am

Wow!! If this is really viable, this would be awesome.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:45 am

With the shortage of 22 like it is I've been looking for a 5.56 conversion kit for my 22s. :llama:
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

ken6881
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by ken6881 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:43 pm

Real question is what powders are viable to charge the case with and even at .10 a round scammer prices it's still worth it in my opinion vs reloading. Unless your going to throw it in a box for the day the USA Falls I can't see this novelty
Ky CCDW Instructor

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by richief » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:54 pm

If it did 22 magnum as well as LR it might be a good back up / prepper item.

ssracer
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 55 times

Post by ssracer » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:46 pm

Dang...think of all the .22 brass left laying around at new haven...lol

schlarmanm1

22lr reloading kit!!

Post by schlarmanm1 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:44 pm

richief wrote:If it did 22 magnum as well as LR it might be a good back up / prepper item.
On the reloading podcast the owner/creator if I'm not mistaken said the kit will work for magnums, short, long, and LR.
ken6881 wrote:Real question is what powders are viable to charge the case
I don't own a kit but on the podcast show they were say very common powders like unique, red dot, and many others. You can also use no powder at all with the small bullet. He said he was doing testing on all the major powders to put more data up on his webpage

As I said I don't shoot many 22lrs and have a stock of over 20k rounds on hand so it's not a product I'll likely buy. It is something I wanted to pass along to those who would possibly want it. My love of reloading has me interested in this product I will say

schlarmanm1

22lr reloading kit!!

Post by schlarmanm1 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:01 pm

Anyone wanting more info listen to this podcast. I hope the link will work

http://reloadingpodcast.com/?powerpress ... 45-podcast

Or if that doesn't work try this

http://firearmsradio.tv/?powerpress_pinw=8347-podcast

son of liberty
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by son of liberty » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:00 pm

First, if I have to reload 22LR they loose all the appeal they would have otherwise had.

22s greatness starts and ends with it value, its cheap and worry free, you can waste it. If you loose that primary feature then I see ZERO reason to shoot it.

The only real use I see for this kit is to set the neck tension to a consistent average , giving the super 22lr match guys a bit more consistency.

check this out, a decent use of 22lr shells
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave1965
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 23 times

Post by Dave1965 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:17 am

Really don't know how "convenient" it is or even cost effective and there really doesn't seem to be a shortage per se as much as a glut of people hoarding, and scalpers flipping it. KyGunCo, buds, Shooters etc seem to have it when I go in, heck even the few times I went to Cabelas they had it. If the first two effects ever stop (hoarding and flipping) it will likely be in abundance. I still see the apes at the gun show wanting stupid prices for it including the two locally who obviously are buying out a certain walmart or two they must have a connection at since all they have is wallyworld ammo marked up...

schlarmanm1

Post by schlarmanm1 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:38 am

I don't reload shot shells to save money because really you don't save much reloading them over store bought! I reload shot shells because I enjoy reloading (and I can tailor my loads.) When I first got into reloading I did it to save money, but with the amount I shoot and the equipment I buy I'm not saving anything any longer and I even spend MORE then I did before!

If you're going at it from that perspective then you probably don't enjoy reloading anyway! However a brick of 22lr the guy was saying was costing UNDER $0.20 to reload. There is a big cost savings if you shoot 22lr a lot. You also can tailor your loads as well (though not sure how effective.) not knowing how difficult it is I can't comment on if it's worth the effort or not but it sounds neat.

I find this hole thing incredibly interesting because I love to reload just as much as I love to shoot (maybe not as much but close.) I also like it because for years people said you can't reload 22lr and that was a lie!

Return to “Ammo”