Ruger 22/45
Ruger 22/45 Lite, suppressed
Winchester 62A
Walther P22
S&W M&P 22, suppressed
S&W 617 (6" 10 shot)
Romanian M69

Here are my thoughts:

I wondered about the oily feel of it, and have seen reviews online where people complain about it gunking up their firearm. This is NOT my experience. In fact, quite the opposite.

I have found in EVERY case with the guns listed above, that if I started out with a clean gun, the gun stayed cleaner, and was far easier to clean afterward. In most cases, some swipes with a boresnake was all that was needed if I wanted to give it just a "lick and a promise" and the major cleanings are more infrequent now than they were.

One day, while testing a half dozen different kinds of ammo through the Sparrow, I shot a total of 100 rounds, mostly non-Norma, and the suppressor was full of gunk, which I expected.

What I did not expect was that the next time I took out the Sparrow and threw 200 rounds of Norma through it, that it still looked clean. Making the Sparrow easier to maintain is a HUGE plus, in my book.

Maybe the cleanliness has to do with the oil on the rounds, maybe not, but I for one won't be wiping it off. Start with a clean gun and let it do its thing.

It might be fun, though, to drag out the Chrono and measure it with and without the oil wiped off to see if it makes a different in velocity.

I also have found that it groups well in all platforms. Another plus, and the most important one.

With the ammo scarcity (real or Memorex), most people are hogging up all the CCI, Federal and Winchester, even the Remington. I bought my first brick of this because I could find it. Not being as well known, it seems to get passed over in favor of the big names. Now I have a bunch more because I like it.

It is said that most things in life are a compromise of desire versus achievability. I haven't found anything yet that is a compromise in the Norma.

So, color me a fan.
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

Nolan
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Norma TAC-22 - maybe my new Go-To?

Post by Nolan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:05 am

good read--good info--thx
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788

kokopelli
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by kokopelli » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:22 pm

those run about $60 a brick don't they?

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:58 pm

kokopelli wrote:those run about $60 a brick don't they?
I won't pay that much, I search around and find them for around 50, occasionally less. I just keep an eye peeled for them and load up when I can.

No it's not 5 or 7 cents a shot, but 10 cents isn't bad, and the quality is worth in IMO
Mexican Kerry wrote:Except for Viv. I predict she will be the leader of a group that roams the countryside pillaging for survival.
It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. - Daniel Webster

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:38 pm

Are they standard or high velocity?

Vividia
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Vividia » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:44 pm

Standard

Return to “Ammo”