Happy New Year From Big Charlies Knife and Tool

From tools and knives to para-cord bracelets and tactical items,he has you covered.
BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:31 am

As we say goodbye to 2012 and usher in 2013 I would just like to say Thank You. I would like to say Thank You not only to the Founding Fathers for allowing me to be a sponsor and try to build my business along with one of the greatest sites on the net, but I would also like to say Thank You to all the members here that have shown so much support.

The members here have shown me awesome support not only by purchasing stuff from me but in other ways of support as well, stopping out to help at the flea market, dropping by at the 127 to make sure I didnt need food or help while out of my territory, helping me get spots at shows where I had no idea of even who to contact etc. etc.. And there are the members here who have helped by checking prices with me first and giving me the chance to order product in for them, giving me the opportunity to not only build a small customer base but expanding my product lines as well by showing me new ideas and even causing me to find new suppliers by researching to get them the best price on the item they want.

All in all 2012 was a decent year. Financially it was one hell of a roller coaster ride but I wouldnt change it if I could. I learned a lot, made many new contacts and friends, learned to think outside of the little box that is the Awesome Flea Market.

Now that being said, I am going to have to make a couple of changes going forward into 2013.
1. From this point forward I am going to have to add the 6% sales tax for the state of KY. Up until now I have just been quoting a price and paying the tax out of my end but this is not really working and it is causing me to lose profits and not have as much to put back into product.
2. I will be shipping a lot more instead of meeting up for small items. It is much easier to charge $2-3 shipping than it is to spends $10 in gas to meet up for a $8 item, unless we can get multiple sales to meet at one location/time.. I spent a fortune in gas last year running out to me for <$10 items last year.
3. If you want me to custom order you a knife over $50 there will be a 10% non refundable deposit payable via paypal. No one I can think of on here has stood me up but I have ended up sitting on product after people have requested me to order it then they either cant come up with the money or something else catches their eye. It is just a small protection to keep me from losing money.

Heres to hoping that 2013 is awesome for all of us!

Now in no certain order a few of the members I would like to throw a special shout out and thanks for all the support they have given:

Vividia
Joe
KYSwede
DBH
ChopperDoc
Dave1965
Till
AR-Rob
Justshootit
DDGunslinger
Whootsinator
SSRacer
jackalo626
geminixd9
niceguyr6 (many many thanks helping get my jeep back on the road)
nemo
Coach
Ulwembu (yep our brother from across the ocean has even ordered stuff from me!!)

Edit:
Adding IAN to the list as he came out and helped more than a few times..
and also HarleyX2 whom is one of the few members I allowed to come to my personal abode to pick up and order product.. You will be missed brother......

I am sure there are a few more i have missed but off the top of my head these are the ones that have dropped by to help out, bought mass loads of stuff from me, sent new customers my way, picked up stuff from me to deliver to other members etc etc... A BIG Thanks to all!!!!
Last edited by BIGC on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Happy New Year From Big Charlies Knife and Tool

Post by Ian » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:46 am

I see no reason for anyone to complain about a deposit, everyone needs a little protection.

It was always a good time stopping by the booths with you and kyswede. I still want more of that deer chili...

You've had your ups and downs all year and it seems most where downs from lack of sales, to the insurance trouble, etc.. great to see you ending the year on a good note!!

KAC ftw
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

kyswede
KAC Member
KAC Member
Been liked: 2 times

Post by kyswede » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:43 am

BIGC I hope your family stays healthy this year. Same for all KAC households.
I had a lot of fun at the flea market this year. I just wish it was closer to home. lol
Cutting grass is the price I gladly pay for not being cold.

Joe
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Joe » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:37 pm

I have come to regard Big C and Kyswede as friends. I enjoy going to the flea market and visiting with them when i can. Being able to purchase something that I want at a good price is frosting on the cake. I hope to be able to visit more in the coming years.

Niceguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 327 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Niceguy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:11 pm

Glad to help anyone on here I can... I hope you and your family have a happy and prosperous new year. Have a good one man!

BIGC
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by BIGC » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:13 pm

As Joe said I have come to see many of you as friends. I feel more at home/at ease hanging out with some of the members here than I do with people I have called friends for the last 20 years... And nobody makes better chili than KYSwede!!
1 Corinthians 13:13

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

http://stores.ebay.com/Big-Cs-Survival-Store?_rdc=1

Ian
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Ian » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:23 pm

Truest statement ever!!

I still have the gift you gave me for helping pack you up at the flea market on one of the first occasions I met you!
"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path." Robert Howard

Marcus
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Marcus » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Ian wrote:Truest statement ever!!

I still have the gift you gave me for helping pack you up at the flea market on one of the first occasions I met you!
Bromance???
Mandy wrote:I meant Marcus post, he's like ninja slicer, he's nice he's nice he's nice, ....SWISH... he cuts your effin head off ;)

Return to “Big Charlies Knife & Tool”