DPMS and Pmag fit

How to, troubleshooting, gun fixes, smithing issues, it all goes here.
Bama
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

DPMS and Pmag fit

Post by Bama » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:13 pm

Coworker bought a DPMS Oracle. I have helped him do some basic upgrades, but I don't know all the ends and outs yet.
The Pmags will only go in smoothly if either the upper is off or the BCG is back.
With the upper on and BCG forward, he has to smack the crap out of the mag.

What causes this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Re: DPMS and Pmag fit

Post by WLJ » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:15 pm

Bama wrote:Coworker bought a DPMS Oracle. I have helped him do some basic upgrades, but I don't know all the ends and outs yet.
The Pmags will only go in smoothly if either the upper is off or the BCG is back.
With the upper on and BCG forward, he has to smack the crap out of the mag.

What causes this?

Are these fully loaded p-mags? If so that's pretty much normal, fully loaded mags can sometimes be a bitch to lock in with the bolt closed with some brands of mags being worst than others about it.
Try downloading the mag by one round and see what happens. Some people keep 29 rounds in their p-mags for this very reason.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

Bama

Post by Bama » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:34 pm

It is indeed a full mag

Kingdom Concealment
Matthew 23:12 - And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be humbled; and whosoever shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Bama

Post by Bama » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:38 pm

He took 5 out, still didn't easily accept the mag.

Kingdom Concealment

WLJ
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 109 times

Post by WLJ » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:43 pm

Bama wrote:He took 5 out, still didn't easily accept the mag.

The top round in the mag is pushing up against the bottom of the BCG so you're fighting the mag spring to lock it in. The closer you are to max load the more resistance you'll meet in locking the mag in.
There are criminals among us who are both homicidal and incorrigible. Their parents took a shot at civilizing them and failed. Their school teachers took a shot at them and failed. The odds are overwhelming that government welfare programs and penal institutions took a shot at them and failed. If it ever becomes your turn to take a shot at them, don’t fail.

guncrank1
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by guncrank1 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:05 pm

If no help bring by and I will try to look at it

Return to “The smithy”