Savage 10 fp-sr .223 range report

If you have a straight up REVIEW or a firearm, post it up here.
etownguy
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 5 times

Savage 10 fp-sr .223 range report

Post by etownguy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:48 pm

Picked this up last week finally got a chance to go shoot it. I like the accutrigger but I am going to have to get used to it several times I touched the trigger without the safety bar and it locked up the trigger so I had to cycle the bolt to reset it. It is a VERY light trigger so much so that it went off a couple of times before I was ready as seen in one of the targets.

I am using leupold turn in scope rings and a Nikon buckmaster 6-18x40 scope which is an awesome scope it has 50-infinity side parralex adjustment as well as an eyepiece focus. Some of the shooting was happening at 5:50 tonight so it was getting pretty dark and I could still see okay out to 250 yards.

The gun far out shoots me especially today I have been fighting a cold for a week and have a ton of sudafed in me so I was shaky :) shooting 50 grain hornady Z-Max bullets I need to load up some 60+ grains and put it on a rest to truly judge but I'd say it will stack the bullets all day long.

This target was 50 yards and 5 shots
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357433142.340124.jpg
This one is 100 yards the two "flyers" are my fault trigger went boom before I was ready. I didn't have daylight or time to adjust left and do it again.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357433253.539822.jpg
Now if only I could get a suppressor for it :/

Return to “Range Reports”