Sarsilmaz K2 45

If you have a straight up REVIEW or a firearm, post it up here.
richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Sarsilmaz K2 45

Post by richief » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:00 pm

These are imported by EAA / SAR USA its made by Sarsilmaz of Turkey.
I paid $419.6x plus $12 shipping, mags were 21 e@
Note: price went up $20 and none in stock, I believe Buds has some @ $451
There is some info on the internet about these, not alot though. I bought it sight unseen.
I was hoping it didn't have the lettering in white as some described that theirs came in that way, and thankfully it is all black execpt for the chrome barrel, and guide rod.
Gun is all forged steel, fitted and blended very tidily, rail inside of frame CZ type, 14 + 1 .45 ACP.
I've heard comments that it looks like a CZ75 with a SIG slide.
These are fairly new to U.S. but I believe the Turk military has issued them for about ten years.
Gun comes with stackable, blue plastic, case, one magazine, bore mop, and another patch push rod, manual, and lock thingy.
I also ordered 4 extra mags, all 5 of the mags easily drop free on mine, I've heard that another guys pistol needed a shake to drop a mag.
Take down for cleaning barrel and slide is easily done by cocking hammer, retracting slide 1/4" to the witness marks, and removing slide stop, no tools needed. Suposedly slide and barrel should now simply slide forward to be removed, but i found I needed to pull trigger slightly, while controlling hammer to allow trigger linkage to drop down a bit relieving the upward tension it has to slide notch on bottom of rail. I discovered it is a newness thing, and upon working it back and forth a few times with relieved tension, the lingage finish started to shine and can now be dissasemble per manual, I will take an arkansas stone to these two points on the linkage in the near future.
Further take down of the gun is not covered and is discouraged per the manual. Lots of roll pin assembly, not layman friendly.
Hammer and sear geometry is excellent, and SA trigger pull is very nice, no more than 4 lbs, starting with 1/8" of no tension takeup, followed by the need to slowly increase pressure to move the trigger, which has no creep at all, and before I know it the hammer drops (surprise) Very nice! I can't realy comment on the DA trigger pull, as I don't have much experience with them, except to say it seems to stack up slightly before breaking, might have something to do with the several linkages between trigger and sear.
While the grip has a larger circumference than alot of pistols, being a double stack .45, I like that it allows me to get the meat of my support hand against the grip, and feels good, kinda like grabbing a favorite BFH, but then again thats why I like my double stack 1911 too, more purchase area allows my support hand to participate more, hopefully I will be able to shoot this as well as I can the 1911. I'll find out soon.
The front sight is dovetailed inline with slide, and retained with a roll pin, rear sight is LPA cut, and adjustable for windage and elevation. The rear sight is also a nicely blended no snag design, and has a ledge on leading edge that can be used to rack slide one handed against a square edge, like a stiff belt, desk, etc., but won't grab on jeans or the like.
Manual of arms is very similiar to a 1911, if you forget about the DA, and is designed to be carried cocked and locked.
The thumb safety blends nicely with the slide stop, however because of the large grip it is not practical for drawing from a holster and thumbing off and firing, it needs more of a paddle protrusion for my thumbs, and extending longer to the rear would help, otherwise I will have to retrain to nock off safety while gripping/ predrawing, which I don't wanna do. Hopefully someone will address this at Sarsilmaz, or maybe an aftermarket parts mfg. will come up with one.
Thats it at first glance.
Range report to follow.
Attachments
SAR K2.jpg
Last edited by richief on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richief
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Sarsilmaz K2 45

Post by richief » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:02 pm

Range report
The gun is fairly heavy when fully loaded, I'm not sure this is a one handed bullseye gun, without lots of front raises during the week. LOL Two handed I like it, high grip and the weight definitely makes for a very manageable .45 pistol. The gun is more accurate than I am, as is usually the case, I do find it much easier to shoot accurately than a G21 I had. I'm still experimenting with grip, stance, and haven't fell in the groove yet, some good offhand grouping, and some I'm pulling low, snatching. Haven't shot .45 in a while so I'm acclimating from 9mm at the same time. I've only had one outing and shot 250 out of it so far, and execpt for a very low velocity round which the case was pinched horiz in ejection port, their were no malfunctions of the pistol.
It has a can't miss ejection design, and spits them out very consistently, up and out about 9 inches high, landing 5 or 6 feet away, and about 3 feet behind. Barrel and front sight got real dirty, almost an inch back from muzzle, prob ammo has alot to do with that. (Older UMC 250 bulk pack from Walmart)
Both mags I brought exhibited a slight problem after a few reloads. These mags are basically P14 mags with different follower and base plates, stamped Sarsilmaz on one side, made in Italy on the other. The magazines have a v shaped stiffening stamp near the top of mag, which protrudes internally and rubs the follower. While reloading the mag, after the first round is inserted the follower is pinched, and slides a bit low, allowing second round inserted to just jiggle around with no tension on it between the feed lips and follower. This did not cause any malfunctions because recoil prob allows follower to rise.
So far the only complaints I have are the mags , and I'ld like to see a slightly longer rearward, and wider paddle on the slide release. If, in 4 or 5 k of rounds from now things don't change/issues pop up, I will declare this one a keeper for me. Time will tell.
I haven't spent much time physically looking for holsters, and can't find much info on the dot net either, but I did find that the Serpa CQC for G21 fits like it was made for it........ I know, I know, but it will havta do for now.
I will post any other Pros or Cons I come across down the road, and if anyone else has any experience with these, let's hear it.
The Target below is 10 rounds at 50 feet off of sand bags, after I adjusted the sights.
Attachments
K2 50ft bench.JPG
K2 50ft bench.JPG (16.98 KiB) Viewed 1879 times
Last edited by richief on Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dead-OnSniperService
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Dead-OnSniperService » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Welp....looks like I gotta talk to my ffl now

Sent from a methlab using Obamaphone
WLJ wrote:Keep logic out of this
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Livewire wrote:Pretty sure it's because you're not hitting her enough.

Livewire
Founding Father
Founding Father
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Livewire » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:07 am

Great write up and looks like its a good shooter too. Thanks for the report.

Return to “Range Reports”