Ruger SR-22 (another)

If you have a straight up REVIEW or a firearm, post it up here.
renovatio
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Ruger SR-22 (another)

Post by renovatio » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Love mine. Do you know what ammo you had FTFs on? Just curious.
We have learned better than that, and know it more, for it is waking that understands sleep and not sleep that understands waking. -C.S. Lewis

renovatio
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by renovatio » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:46 pm

Crap aha- I've been using only armscor HV with mine but I ran a few mags of that bulk fed through last time I was shooting with a friend that has some, it did fine so I just bought some.
We have learned better than that, and know it more, for it is waking that understands sleep and not sleep that understands waking. -C.S. Lewis

renovatio
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by renovatio » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:59 pm

Just saw you updated your sig man you are putting some rounds through that XDM!

Hartlage
KAC Member
KAC Member

Post by Hartlage » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:28 pm

I shot mine for the first time last week. SSRacer and I put about 10 mags through it with only two problems that were both ammo related (I had a number of rounds from one box of Federal bulk that would not fire on the first pull. I've had the same issue with this box in my 10/22).

My only real complaint is the trigger. The reset is long and the DA feels gritty. It may smooth out over time, but its not very pleasant out of the box. And I'm really being picky about the trigger. It's a $300 rimfire SA/DA pistol... I'm not a fan of mag disconnects, but I was willing to look past that when I purchased.

Feels great in my hand with the larger backstrap installed. Easily adjustable factory sights. Mags are more compact and easier to load than the Mk series. Lightweight. Fairly accurate. The DA trigger is great for rounds that do not fire on the first pull. This is a great plinker, child's first pistol, or a gun to introduce others into shooting. I may even carry it with me on backpacking trips.

Overall, I'm highly impressed with this pistol. Very glad I purchased.
Eagerly awaiting the XDS release...

Return to “Range Reports”