Ruger SR22

If you have a straight up REVIEW or a firearm, post it up here.
renovatio
KAC Member
KAC Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Ruger SR22

Post by renovatio » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:04 pm

After some good advice from Wyldman and quality time with google, I picked up the new Ruger SR22 handgun last month. This is an initial report after a 5 or 6 range visits. This gun is amazing. I've run Armscor HV, CCI stingers, CCI minimags, CCI velocitors, CCI CB longs, and bulk federal through it, about 800 rounds total. It hasn't had a single FTF. The only ones it wouldn't cycle were the CB longs, obviously. It's extremely accurate for being a compact pistol. I got bored with close range target shooting at the range yesterday and shot two stationary clays at 100 yards. The first one took 6 shots because I couldn't see where my rounds were landing. After I hit the first clay on my 6th shot, I got the second one first try with my next shot, using the same sight picture. Possibly a little luck involved because I'm not that great of a shot, but it's definitely an accurate gun. Very well put together, slide is smooth and solid. Only two cons for me: they give you two interchangeable grips instead of backstraps- I don't mind that but I wish they included 3 instead of 2. One is a bit small for me, the other a bit large. Also a hard case instead of soft would be nice. Nitpicky complaints. Overall, I give this gun a 9.

We have learned better than that, and know it more, for it is waking that understands sleep and not sleep that understands waking. -C.S. Lewis

Wyldman
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Ruger SR22

Post by Wyldman » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:50 pm

And you'll get to try mine tomorrow.

Glad you like it Ren, I have come to love mine. I just wish Ruger would quit dragging thier feet and get the threaded barrel out to us. I bought this pistol as suppressor host becaue it was supposed to be available when the pistol was release to retail.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"That boy's paradigm don't always add up to four nickels...."

drifter0069
KAC Member
KAC Member

Re: Ruger SR22

Post by drifter0069 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:31 pm

definitely want one of these........

Return to “Range Reports”